Afni Collections / horrible customer service

AFNI Collections has horrible customer service! I work in customer service and you need to be able to talk to people like they're humans not just money. I was extremely frustrated when I received a bill from Verizon for a phone that was disconnected in 2006. I never received anything from Verizon or from Afni Collections until today, almost 3 years after the phone service was shut off. I asked the customer service rep to assist me with a dispute and she basically told me no, we want our $30. I then asked for a supervisor 4 times, after the agent flat out refused to help me. I was placed on hold and never spoke with anyone. The agent also informed me that my account was about to go to collections after only receiving one notice. I never even got the agents name, since the first thing out of her mouth was account number and name. I've dealt with collections agencies in my line of work and Afni Collections is by far the worst in customer service.

Comments

• Sp
      25th of Sep, 2009

If you are in arrears and not paying your bills then you are no longer a customer - customers pay their bills. Why would you expect preferential treatment for being a deadbeat?