Afni Collections / Scam and cheating
Two days ago I get a letter from AFNI telling me I have an outstanding Phone Bill from Verizon in Buffalo NY from 2002. I call and tell them I have been in Rochester NY since March of 2000 since I moved here for a new job. The lady on the phone did not care all she kept saying was 'sir I can settle this for you now for about half of what you owe'. I kept telling her this is not my bill I am not paying it.
I called back yesterday and spoke to another lady to get all the information. Very odd it's an address I lived at for just over a year. I moved out in the beginning of March in 2000, verizon has verified I had a phone shut off at that time. Somehow in June of 2000 a new phone when on in my name there, it stayed on until Jan. of 2002. I have proof that I have lived here as I signed a new Lease in May of 2000 (I moved in with a friend for the end of march and all of april while I found my own place) and even have Time Warner sending me proof that I had my phone turned on here in May of 2000. This lady said they 'might take that into consideration'.
My question is what else could they possibly need as proof that Someone else made a mistake here?
More Afni Collections Complaints & Reviews
- Afni Collections - These rip-offs must be punished for what they are doing! 
- Afni, Inc. - Fraudulent 11 year old verizon bill! 
- Afni Collections - collections notice 
- Afni-Bloom - Damaged credit 
- Afni Collections - AFNI - do NOT CALL or send them money 
- Afni, Inc. - collection call for wrong balance
- Afni, Inc. - us cellular
- Afni, Inc. - Unethical behaviour, attempt to collect false debt
- Afni, Inc - False claim, stating i owe $8, 779. 44 to them, or my license will be suspended. 
- AFNI - Former Employee