AFNI and Comcast / collection notice
I received a collection notice on 5-22-17 stating that I had been placed with their agency to resolve a past due Comcast account for $462.17 but if I would settle with them $300.41 then could resolve this past due account.
1) I have never had an account with Comcast so have never owed them money.
2) in Jan 2012 I received a collection notice for a Comcast Bill that was fradulent. It was proved to be fradulent as someone had gotten my ss # and set up an account with Comcast. I contacted my local police and filled out a complaint with the resolution dept. this was resolved in Nov 2012 when I received a notice from Comcast that it had been resolved.
I contacted Afni and was told that Comcast contacted them with this collecton. I find that hard to believe since this has been closed for over 4 yrs.
I will file another police and a complaint with the Federal Trade Comission along with the Public Service Commission.
I am not going to pay this notice.
Updated by Bonnie Beerbower, May 22, 2017
This may or may not be a scam but I will not be sending them any money.
More AFNI and Comcast Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made 
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard 
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam! 
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view) 
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem! 
- Comcast / Xfinity - tv cable service 
- Comcast / Xfinity - reckless driver 
- Comcast / Xfinity - overcharged and service disconnected 
- Comcast / Xfinity - billing/ missing payments 
- Comcast / Xfinity - constant grey boxes like a twitter feed