Affordable Phones / fraud

1 Anderson, SC, United States Review updated:

First of all it is suppose to be a phone to help the people that need assistance but I dont understand that.I live in Anderson and the person that referred this company to me lives in Iva and they pay about 15.00 a month.They charge me about 16.00 just in taxes because of where I live my bill is 35.40.Well I didnt receive a bill this month and when the bill was due the payment in the mail was late so they disconnected it and I have to pay about a 62.00 reconnection fee, even though the payment was posted before the due date.For anyone looking for service I recommend at&t for 19.99.

Comments

• Pa
      11th of Mar, 2011

My elderly mother rceived a phone call from a customer service rep about a month ago. She told him she didn't make any decisions and the he would have to call her daughter (me). He called me; he had a very heavy accent and I could barely understand him. I told him under no circumstances did we want to switch her service from
    AT&T. He tried to tell me about saving money and it was a gov't program, etc. and I still told him we did not want to switch. Unbeknownst to me, he called my mother back and told her I said ok. So she was switched. We didn't know about it until about three weeks ago when she tried to call me - I live in GA and she lives in AL. She could not call long distance. I immediately called AT&T to find out the problem and was told she was no longer a customer and that she was now a customer of Affordable Phone. Then it dawned on me what had happened. I put AT&T on hold; called my mother; and she said that the person who called told her I said it was ok. I got back with AT&T and explained the situation. They changed her back to AT&T but it took a day to get it all done. This company is definitey a scam and should be forced to close their doors. I sent emails to the Florida State Attorney's office of Consumer Affairs, their Senior Consumer Divison, and the BBB.