Affordable Legal Help / Rated with a &F& by the BBB

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I have been waiting for my refund since being notified by Edward Maddison on December 17th, 2009 per my previous complaint that I registered on this site during the first week of January. I hired this group in Septmeber 2009. Since then a gentleman by the name of Paul Kim was hired in as a person who was to help clean up the mess that Affordable Legal Help had created. He was very ambitious in stating that I would find that my situation would improve and that I would get the money promised to my by ALH. Also received apology emails from a Nicole Smith and another paralegal assuring me that my concerns would be addressed. Since that point Paul Kim has gone back on his word concerning getting my money back by this past Thursday and moreover had even promised to call me everyday until this process was resolved. I receive no calls from Paul and moreover he has become just as impossible to get a hold of as anyone there at the ALH. Edward Maddison who is the Case Manager for my case and responsible for my refund has not returned my phone messages dating back to January 5, 2010. I have also spoken to other Case Managers by the name of Scott and James Underwood concerning where my money is to which they both have become quite defensive stating that they have no control of this process and that it is all up to Accounting. When I ask for contact info to talk to Accounting they told me that was not possible. I can only imagine the volume of complaints they all receive causing such defensiveness. The Better Business Bureau gives this group a grade of "F" can be found at the following site
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Company Rating F
Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.
I even filed a complaint with BBB against the ALH and my complaint was never responded to by anyone at ALH. I want surprised though.

STAY AWAY FROM THE AFFORDABLE LEGAL HELP GROUP...Please read the sites like this one and the one at BBB. The many complaints will speak for themselves.

Comments

• Pa
      9th of Feb, 2010

I also have been told the same thing. Also waiting for my refund.

I would like to start a civil suite... please contact me at 724-678-3594

• Ni

Mr. Cunningham,

You have already been refunded one half of your payment as courtesy as we were not able to continue your case. The half is the portion that would have been used to pay the representing attorney in your case when it had gotten that far.

You will not be receiving a refund on the documents and document services. If you have nay questions about this, please email me at [protected]@affordablelegalhelp.org.

Sincerely,
    Nicole Smith
    Affordable Legal Help
    (866) 872-9317 ext 2
    [protected]@affordablelegalhelp.org

• Ni

Mrs. Jenkins,

You have already be reviewed and denied for a refund as you received a prepared set of documents from our company. As a courtesy, management is reviewing your file for a courtesy refund.

Sincerely,
    Nicole Smith
    Affordable Legal Help
    (866) 872-9317 ext 2
    [protected]@affordablelegalhelp.org

18th of Feb, 2010

I have not been refunded by the Affordable Legal Help Group...I am due a full refund as evidenced by my phone conversation with Edward Maddison on December 17 2009. Since then absolutely nothing has been refunded to my credit card. Your comment does not answer why noone from your company would respond to my complaint via the Better Business Bureau. I would encourage you to actually read that article about your company...to say a courtesy refund(even though I have received nothing from you) is laughable when the ALH did none of the things listed in the very contract you faxed to me. I am due a refund because you failed to provide the service promised to me since September 15, 2009. At this point your company is nothing more that a fraud as evidenced by my experience, the experience of others and detailed on the website for the Better Business Bureau.

19th of Feb, 2010

Here are some more places you can file, please e-mail me at [protected]@hotmail.com:

Please download our Compliant Form here: http://dca.lacounty.gov/Forms/CAComplaint.pdf. Send the completed Complaint Form and copies of any documents you have that prove your claim to:

County of Los Angeles Department of Consumer Affairs

500 W. Temple St., Room B-96

Los Angeles, CA 90012

Attn: Consumer Services Unit

-------------
    State Bar Intake telephone line and request a complaint form by calling (800) 843-9053, or you may visit our web site at www.calbar.ca.gov and download a complaint form. If you have a written complaint, please mail it to: State Bar of California, Intake Unit, 1149 S Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015-2299.

• Mu
      5th of Mar, 2010

I have stated this before on this website and other concur they are legit. They helped me with my docs and child support. I have no complaints at all. This guy George has like 20 posts on here and continues to say the same thing. I totally disagree they did exactly what they told me they were going to do. Affordable Legal Help does GREAT WORK, end of story.

6th of Mar, 2010

I dont know who you are as you have chosen a user name that conceals your actual name, but I have only posted a total of 2 posts on this complaint board. You might wish to have your facts correct as you sound a lot like many of the employees of ALH.

• Mu
      15th of Mar, 2010

George,

Ok... George I was just satisfied with the service, I'm not trying to glorify the company they just helped me out. My name is Al Newton, you can email me at [protected]@yahoo.com if you need some help. I usually request to speak with Freddy when I called there, so I would try that. But they just helped my personal situation damn well so I wanted to back them up. Didn't mean to offend ya.

• Mi
      17th of Mar, 2010

Mustangal I had good service to, no complaints, hope others see throught some of the false information from other customers on here.

17th of Mar, 2010

I am continually amazed that certain individuals choose complaint boards to express their positive experience...moreover none of their comments seem to go into any detail about what exactly ALH did for them to include dates, etc. In addition the comments from MikeMAz or Mustangal overtly attack anyone who posts a negative experience with ALH assuming that the complaints are lies. Please note that this is a complaint board and what you will find are people who are coming together to express a mutual dissatisfaction pertaining to a service rendered or not rendered such as the case with ALH. If you are still puzzled look ALH up on the Better Business Bureau website which is a credible and established agency that has rated ALH and their business practices. My guess though is that you are employees of ALH. Nice try. Here is the link

• Sh
      25th of Mar, 2010

I have spoken to this office on numerous occasions once I read this board. I might have made a different decision about using their services but hopefully my comment on this board will help others who stumble across it.

This company has good intentions and does care about helping people. This is clear evidence that it is true as there are several people whom have posted on this board that it is a scam and that no one should use the service - who have posted follow up comments letting all of us know that they have been helped and are satisfied with the service. I mean HELLO?? Duh. I work in customer service at a bank and I KNOW what customers deal with when they fell mistreated, I hear it all day. And scams don't have any positive feedback at all - not to mention people who originally posted negative who are now pleased with the service. That ONLY shows effort to fix a problem or concern, everyone has got them. Personally, I would rather know where a company has been and what they are doing than not knowing anything at all.

The majority of the people on here are the same people, with the same stories. Pick up the phone! Call for help - I call every few days and if I leave a message it is returned. I am very thankful that my decision in choosing this company to help my son so far is the right one, he doesn't have a computer and I researched them on the internet for him.

Call their office, ask for help. If they cannot help you or don't try to help, I'd be surprised. They are very helpful and understanding when I came to them about my concern of reading this board. So far my son is getting the service we paid for and I will continue my feedback as it seems appropriate to help others.

Respectfully,
    Shellie B.
    San Antonio, Tx

26th of Mar, 2010

29th of Mar, 2010

George ... Could you please email me at [protected]@hotmail.com I have been speaking with Anna ... I lost 1500 since Dec09

14th of Apr, 2010

I spoke with CJ Ward an investigator for Keyt News at 730 Miramonte Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93109 last night. He stated to me that it would be our best interest to inform him of our situations. Please contact him.

Edward was second in charge for Father's Choice and CJ was a part in stopping them.

Here is a link to the News station:
    www.keyt.com

Here is a link to information on CJ Ward:

Here is proof of the tipline number:

Here are some links to the "Father's Choice" problem, from News Station:

Also, here are some more websites I found to show you who we are dealing with, this is proof that all Edward does is change the name of the company and scams the same way:

On this, you can scroll all the way to the bottom and see "Nadia Nicole" aka Nicole Smith responding to a complaint about Edward. Nadia is her real name and is involved in this even going back to Father's Choice.

Here is another website about Father's Choice:
    /URL removed/

Edward Herzstock was second in command there. If you read the article it states Edward's name several times.