Affordable Home Warranty / Scam and abuse!

1 501 Montier RoadGlenside, PA, United States Review updated:

On 12/22/07 I received a call from Shannon Bell regarding my inquiry for home warranty and I signed up. To date, I have had 3 claims and have had no success with obtaining service or reimbursement for services rendered. I've sent numerous e-mails, left messages and contacted the Business Consumers office in the state where they supposedly work!

I am at a loss for $399 and can't get my money back! There must be some legal action that can be taken against them!

More Affordable Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Da
      21st of Dec, 2007
    2625 Piedmont Rd
    Atlanta
    Georgia
    Phone: 866 674-6360
    affordablehomewarranty.com

I have left more than 5 VM messages on 866 number trying to file a claim and no one has returned my calls. I have also emailed them twice with no response. I have two properties covered under this Home Warranty Company. This is the first time I have attempted to file a claim. Coverage was purchased in October 07.

• Ca
      14th of Jan, 2008

GA needs to shut affordable down and make sure they don't open back up under another name.

• Ra
      15th of Feb, 2008

I have called Affordable Home Warranty over 10 times and also sent them 2 emails since 12-10-2007 when my garage door opener malfunctioned and AHW has not returned my phone call nor sent me an email. I will not renew my policy again and hope they will reimburse me for repairing my garage door opener. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

• To
      11th of Mar, 2008
    Phone: 8163538986

3/11/08 I just tried called Affordable Home Warranty at 866-674-6360 and the number is not valid. The web site is also not available. Looks to be a rip off company.

11th of Mar, 2008

$275.00
    $275.00
    $0.00
    $629.00

I paid quarterly to Shannon Bell for 2 properties @ $315 for 2 quarters. They had large add on google that's how I found them. they were in the home warranties comparisons

• Si
      31st of Mar, 2008
    California

I am a contractor and have performed 2 service calls for Affordable Home Warranty. I received approval for payment and have not received any money. Now their phone and fax are no longer working numbers.

• Ve
      9th of Apr, 2008
    Affordable Home Warranty - Big fraud!
    Sterling
    Virginia
    Phone: 7034441865

Affordable Home Warranty company is big bogus, Fraud and scam. They charged my creditcard and no response for service. My plumbing has problems. Called numerous times and sent many emails, Still no response from them.

Be care while shopping for home warranty.

• Ra
      14th of Apr, 2008

I purchased this in November '07 and just tried to contact the company for service, April '08, and was unable to get ahold of them. It looks like I was not the only one. But that doesn;t help right now.

• Sc
      8th of May, 2008
    Affordable Home Warranty - Not being able to contact this company for service.

I canceled policy within cancelation period which triggered a refund but never received even after owner assured me iwould!

11th of Jun, 2008

I was scammed by this company. I purchased a home warranty in July of 2007. And I noticed that payments had stopped in Jan 08. I am glad that I haven't had any problems. But this is a scam I am going to do what I can to get my money back.

• Cr
      22nd of Jul, 2008
    2625 Piedmont Rd. Ste. 56-295
    Atlanta
    Phone: 1-866/674-6360
    affordablehomewarranty.com

Had the service for almost a year and need service on refrigerator this morning and called the 866/674-6360 and the number has been disconnected. My food has been ruined and I am living on a budget. Please if you can help me to get in touch with these ### it would be greatly appreciated.
    863/293-4694 Winter Haven, Fl 33881 fcp187L@msn.com

Thank you!

Craig B. Pinckney &
    Ernestine F. Pinckney

• Va
      19th of Aug, 2008
    affordablehomewarranty.com

I purchased this coverage in September and had plumbing services performed early November. The company has not paid the plumbing company and now I am forced to pay for the repairs or a lien will be placed on my property.

25th of Oct, 2012

I have used the real affordable-home-warranty.com based in southwester Pennsylvania and am verry pleased with the plan they offer.It is unlike other home warrantys, they PM all the appliances in my house including my furnace and air conditioners.for a one time low fee u live in southwestern Pa u should check them out at affordable-home-warranty.com