Affordable Dentures & Implants / Affordable Care / dentures and patient care

1 Jackson, TN, United States

had all of my teeth extracted on 8/21/18 and temporary full set of dentures made. I was told there would be some bruising and soreness. I did not expect to look like I got the *** beat out of me by Mike Tyson!

After 3 weeks of heeling time I went back to get the dentures adjusted. The day they adjusted them the teeth fit and I felt no pain. The following day they were loose and painful. I also had a headache and jaw pain since the first day of wearing these dentures. I returned to their office to get adjustments and inform them of the continued headache and pain in my jaw a few times per week with same results. Feel and fit okay when I leave and a few hours later they are loose and painful. I asked the attendant and she said that they were not going to be perfect because they were temporary. My response was that they are temporary for a year. I have mouth and jaw pain, a constant headache and I cannot eat with them because they are crooked. Again, adjust and fine and next day back to the way they were.

Again I go back the following day. I had a new attendant and I asked her why they seem fine the day I go in but then a few hours or the next day they are loose and painful again. She said just a minute and left the room. When she came back she handed me CORA CAINE. I had never heard of it before. She asked me not to say where I got it and told me that it is a denture adhesive with a numbing agent in it. They line the denture with it and it glues and numbs and they feel great until it wears off.

After several weeks of complaining of the constant headache and jaw pain with no relief and the ill fit and painful dentures I went to a local dentist for a 2nd opinion. He said that the baseline of the dentures were off and causing my jaw pain and that the lack of depth to the teeth were the cause of the headaches. I went back to affordable denture with this information and they finally decided that they should make me a new set of teeth. I felt so relieved. I have not been able to eat anything substantial, I could not wear the teeth due to the pain and therefore was not able to leave my house.

I go for the fitting for my new set of dentures. They feel fine and seem to fit. This is a Friday afternoon. Saturday morning I was devastated. I put the top in and immediately felt intense sharp pain. There was a spur on the upper pallet. I put in the lower denture and there was 1/4 inch play of front to back movement. The bottom edge of the denture dug into the lower area of both the inner and outer area of my gums.

The following Monday I go to another local dentist. He took one look at the teeth in my mouth and said that there was no way that these teeth were made to fit you 3 days ago. He told me not to wear them and to get a lawyer.

I went back to affordable dentures that day and asked for my 100 day 100% refund and they refused. They were going to deduct for both sets of teeth and all of my office visits.

So I asked instead if I could transfer to the Burns, TN office. They agreed. I went to my car and called the Burns office and they made me an appointment and while they were getting my personal info they had a call come in and put me on hold. When the receptionist came back to the phone she cancelled my appointment and told me they were no longer taking transfer patients.

So, today, November 12, 2018, I went to see a lawyer. It has been 90 days now since I had my teeth extracted. 90 days with an intense headache. 90 days with intense jaw and mouth pain. 90 days that I have not been able to eat anything but soup, potatoes, yogurt and the like. Today I find out that the 100 day 100% guarantee does not start until you get your final permanent denture. SO FOR 1 YEAR AND 100 DAYS I GET TO HAVE A HEADACHE, JAW AND MOUTH PAIN, NOT BE ABLE TO EAT AND NOT LEAVE MY HOUSE BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WEAR MY LOOSE FITTING, ILL MADE TORTURE DEVICES.

Su