Affinion / Life Insurance

Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
They sent me a letter on Oct. 30 telling me that they were going to cancel my account on Nov.1. I received the letter Nov. 5 and called them. They told me that it was cancelled because they could not withdraw the money from my bank. I called my bank and they gave me all the paperwork showing that Affinion never tried to withdraw the funds. I faxed all of the information to the plan administrator and they still have not reinstated my account nor notified me. Most of the people that I have spoken to have been rude and one person even went as far as to insult me. This is the worst company I have had to deal with.
Ca

Comments

Ev
  7th of May, 2009
The same thing has happened to me!
El
  14th of Dec, 2010
Your experience with this Affinion scam can help a class action building against Trilegiant/Affinion. Can you join me and contact Freed & Weiss to share your story?

It’s easy and quick for you. They need to hear from consumers who have gone through this directly.

Here are the details:
Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz (to name only a few) are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Email: info@freedweiss.com
Da
  22nd of Jan, 2011
They sent me a notice that they were unable to collect the premium due from my account. I tried to call a person to see what was going on. After five minutes of trying to get to a real person I swore some profanities at the computer on the other end and slammed the phone down! It made me feel good but what a sucky customer service system! How would my wife even begine to find out how to collect from them if something happened to me?
Ot
  3rd of Jan, 2012
They sent a letter offering a complimentary policy through my credit union, where they preselected the amount for me. The fine print stated that "...I authorize the funds to be withdrawn..." since it was a complimentary policy, I crossed out the "I authorize" and rewrote "I do not authorize..." the funds were taken from my account and now I am unable to get them to reimburse the money. They completely did a "bait and switch" and I am sure it has been done to others. Everyone should go to the Texas Department of Insurance and fill out a complaint form (or for your own state, if not Texas)
Tr
  3rd of Oct, 2012
They have just done the exact same thing to my husband!! I am beside myself!!
De
  26th of Feb, 2014
Same thing happened to me. Said I hadn't paid and they were canceling my policy. With that same letter, they sent a check for the amount they said I hadn't paid. I've paid into this policy for years and now it's canceled?
Mo
  6th of Oct, 2015
I've had several problems with Affinion. The first time was last year. We sent them a check and we got a letter saying they needed payment. I called and told them we'd already sent it, but they said they hadn't received it, so we gave them our bank account number to take it out, so they did. Then a couple of days later, you guessed it, they cashed the check! So we were billed twice and they told us that they would just put the money from the check into the next quarter. I didn't like them having access to my bank account, so I sent them a check on September 15 and they never cashed it, so today I get a letter saying they didn't receive payment and were cancelling my account! How much to do you want to bet they will cash the check when they finally find it?