Affiliated Insurance Inc / lottery scam

1 2727 Bay Street, M5G-2N7Tornoto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 416-837-9427

Received a letter on 11/1, dated 10/23/08 claiming I had been a winner in the De-Lotto North American Sweepstakes Lottery held on September 29th, 2008 in the 2nd category. A check enclosed for $3, 750 from Citizens Bank and Pioneer Investment Mgt USA Inc., 35 State Street, Boston, MA [protected] was enclosed. Number to call and contact person to "activate" my check in the letter is Bryan McDonald [protected]. I looked this up on-line to find it a scam, however, I will report to the bank and investment company listed on the check just to give them both a heads up.

Comments

• El
      1st of Nov, 2008

Received a letter on 11/1, dated 10/23/08 claiming I had been a winner in the De-Lotto North American Sweepstakes Lottery held on September 29th, 2008 in the 2nd category. A check enclosed for $3, 750 from Citizens Bank and Pioneer Investment Mgt USA Inc., 35 State Street, Boston, MA 02109-1820 was enclosed. Number to call and contact person to "activate" my check in the letter is Bryan McDonald 416-837-9427. I looked this up on-line to find it a scam, however, I will report to the bank and investment company listed on the check just to give them both a heads up.

• Li
      10th of Nov, 2008

I too have received the same scam with all the same information, but the dates are a little different. The check is dated 10/29/08, while the WINNING FINAL NOTIFICATION is dated Oct. 30th, 2008. Let me just say, it sure does look on the up and up, extremely professional, and ligitimate, but when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. As I read the official notification that I received in an envelope with no return address on it, I looked for the text where it told me I had to contact someone for one reason or another. Sure enough, it was way at the bottom, the very last sentence. Bingo, I knew when I read that, it wasn't ligitimate. That is when I looked it up on the internet and it didn't take long to find this website. Thank goodness someone has reported this. I too will contact the LaSalle Bank N.A. Chicago, Il 60661 address at the top of this oh so impressive looking check. It doesn't look like it could be a fake, BUT IT IS. These scam artists are getting better and better.

• Er
      17th of Nov, 2008

DO NOT CASH THE CHECK, THEY WILL GET YOUR BANK INFORMATION AND STEAL YOUR MONEY! THIS IS A SCAM!

• Vi
      28th of Jan, 2009

So THAT'S how it works! Yes...it looks like a real check. I knew it was a scam, but couldn't figure out how they were going to rip me off.

Same story here, a check for $4, 750 dated 1/12/09 from Bryan McDonald. The check was from Fidelity Investments, Danvers, MA through SunTrust Bank.

One problem-- I don't enter lotteries or sweepstakes or anything like that. So how could I win $225, 000?

• Ra
      31st of Jan, 2009

Hey! I just got my notification today and, I hate to brag, but I won even more than you guys! $4975.00. They are getting even more generous!

• Sn
      9th of Feb, 2009

my brother received a letter last week with the same enclosed letter and check for $4750 dated Jan28th, 2009. He brought the letter to me to investigate it and validate it. After doing some research, this is what I found. The envelope has no return address and there are to many address that don't add up. On the letter, it has Affiliated Insurance Inc in St. Toronto Ontario Canada. The check has Misumi USA, Inc 2205 Remington Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Then there another company, the bank named PBC (Preferring Better Choices) Credit Union West Palm Beach, FL 33406. The check looks ligitimate but I knew someting wasn't right. MISUMI is the world’s largest supplier of fixed and configurable components for the manufacturing industry. It would have been a big blessing for my brother it it was ligit, he deserves it but I couldn't believe it either when he called me. Matter afact, the address that the letter was sent to is a address where he lived over 7 years ago.

• Mi
      13th of Feb, 2009

I received a letter from Affiliated Insurance Inc, International Claims Department, 2727 Bay St. Toronto, Ontario M5G-2N7 Canada, informing me that I had been named one of the declared winners of DE-Lotto North American Sweepstakes Lottery held on November 28th, 2008 in the 2nd category. I was told that I was entitled to the sum of $225, 000.00 U.S. Dollars. A check for 4750.00 was enclosed, but I owe $3200.00 in taxes and must send it through Western Union Money Transfer to ensure immediate release of fund and to avoid further check on identity of recipient which usually leads to a little delay in release of winning funds.

They urged me to keep this winning CONFIDENTIAL until my claim has been processed and my cash remitted to me as this is part of their secuirity protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous acts by non partipants taking advantage of the program.

I believe that this is a scam.

• Co
      17th of Feb, 2009

I received a letter today from same Affiliated Insurance Inc, same address and everything. This is a scam!!! Beware if sounds to good, it is..

• Pe
      17th of Mar, 2009

Same crap here too from AFFILIATED INSURANCE INC International Claims Department 2727 BAY ST. TORONTO ONTARIO M5G-2N7 CANADA. They say I won a lotto in Canada yet i live in Texas and their bank is in New Jersey. It is suppose to be from a Bryan McDonald. They say I won $225, 000, 00 and the first check is for $4750 and bla bla bla ALL BULL S*** it is a FRAUD no return address and it was sent from Canada.

• Ca
      20th of Mar, 2009

I received my in the mail yesterday and did a little digging. My check had USGA Incorporated, couldn't find any thing on them, but the bank Pnc Bank, in New Jersey is real or I should say that they have a web site.