Affiliated Acceptance Corporation / Round The Clock Fitness Membership

1 Hickory Creek TX, TX, United States Review updated:

I signed up for Round The Clock Fitness a month ago, first month was .25 and then scheduled to start this month on the 6th (during the holiday weekend).

I'm enormously pleased with Round The Clock Fitness, however, the billing company for my membership didn't process payment on the 6th so I called the gym and spoke with the owner. He gave me the number to Affiliated Acceptance Corporation and his gym's ID number.

I get on the phone with a cold woman who looks up my account, tells me the payment was declined. I had recently had to cancel my debit card because of a problem on the internet and had a new one to update the account with.

Then, I'm told there is a $15 decline fee. So a month's gym membership now costs me $58.19. That's higher than L.A. Fitness and this is a small neighborhood gym.

At any rate, I'm now going to strive to simply pay off the entire balance early so I don't have to deal with these cheese ball two bit jerks at the billing company.

It's policies like this, (that were never stated in the contract mind you) that make people not want to do business with anyone...then we wonder why the economy is so bad...it's because the banks and "billing" companies have all the money.

Comments

• Da
      25th of Feb, 2010

You are the one who forgot to let the billing company know you changed account number. They were just doing their job. They can't read minds.

• Da
      25th of Feb, 2010

Every single complaint against the billing company is the person's fault, not the billing company. If the complainer would have remembered to let the billing company know of new account numbers, new experation dates, whatever, and or read their contract BEFORE they signed it and followed it exactly, this would have not happened. The billing company is just doing what they said they would do. Why is every one taking it out on the billing company? THIS IS YOUR OWN FAULT!

• Bi
      16th of Mar, 2010

Back in the good ol' days, you'd get a courtesy call or an email. So much for customer service.

Not to mention that had the money been drafted on the agreed upon date "IN THE CONTRACT" the money would have been accessible.

It's my fault that my bank account becomes compromised...oh wow, I guess you must work for a bank. It's a shame the Usury laws have been vanquished and fiduciary responsibility for your money in a bank is no longer the banks problem.

Sure it's my fault.

Oh and, reading the contract with someone high pressure selling you is a simple thing to do as well.

Any contract over a page long and written in anything but plain English is devised to screw you over.

• Ri
      26th of Sep, 2010

This company withdrew my money from my accont on the wrong day and overdrafted my bank account. This company is a bunch of [censor]s.

• Co
      19th of Jan, 2011

[censor]s is a very nice way to put it. I'm not so nice after four issues with them. I'll list them for you 1) they (aac) deposited some other persons check in my account (I don't pay by papper check) then did not inform me of THEIR mistake which overdrafted my account since it was not schedualed. Then neglected to take my payment out fir the month... Does that count as 2 or just one issue? 2) I started receiving collection notices for past due payments, mind you this is an autodraft! Oh but they waved the late fees for me! Also these were not because of lack of funds they just forgot they told me. 3) same as number 2 only a few months later. 4) yet again collection notice for December payment oh but wait this time they did withdrawal the payment and on time. So how is that a means for collection if you've already paid? Yeah I'm not so sure! NONE of these issues have been from my neglect. So poster above, you might want to change your attitude. You obviously work for this company!