Aerotek / No follow ups

1 Cincinnati, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 513-305-5319

I, too, have applied for several positions for which I am well qualified. I've followed up with Aerotek to thank them for their time and to then ask where they were in the hiring process. Of couse I had to leave voice mails because no one ever seems to be at their desk.

One time, however, I did receive the chance to talk with someone who was dumber than dirt (he had no idea or any information as to be resume I had sent). He told me he would get back to me. Well guess what - no getting back to me.

I would like to understand how this business stays in business. If I ran my current part-time business this way I would be "belly up" by now.

Raspberries to Aerotek. As far as I'm concerned, you are useless and should not be permitted to prowl on folks who spend a lot of their time applying for positions they will never get or even hear about again.

You're scums and scammers and thankfully we're fortunate enough as Americans to be able to allow our voices to be heard.

Comments

• J
      7th of Nov, 2008

First of all, thanks for sharing your experience. Secondly, I would suggest our employers to hire directly from the job market, cutting these idiotic recruiting companies from the middle.

As you mentioned, these idiots don't have any idea whatsoever about your resume and which jobs you applied to. All they care is about their commission.

Please DO NOT fell to their sweet but false promises. They are bunch of illitrate idiots who earn their bread and butter riding on the shoulders of educated and professionals like us making us look like beggers.

3rd of Dec, 2008

I would disagree with the above statements. Aerotek along with other recruiting agencies help thousands of people find employment every day. Many of whom would never even be aware of the opportunities. Not to mention having a partner in the industry to push for interviews and market your skills. Usually, when candidates are not called back it is because they are not employable through the service. They have too much expereince, too little or not the correct background, etc. The clients that recruitng companies work for only want the top 25% of the work force. If your are in the top 25% you would get called back. Remember these companies are RECRUITING companies, not employment agencies. They are looking for specifc people for specific jobs. If the posting are vague, it's because of the erroneous laws that prohibit details. Moreover, from my past expereince working as a recruiter for 3 of the major recruiting firms I would say that it's almost always a situation of the applicant THINKING they are qualified for the job that causes problems. Most recruiters field between 100-150 calls per day and they ARE trained to spot good resumes and decifer B.S. So maybe you should just relax a little because recruiting is a 5o billion dollar industry and companies obviously find value using a service. Probally so they don't have to deal with people like you.

• Un
      18th of May, 2010

I have read the many comments about Aerotek and I would like to say this much: Yes they are courteous enough to respond to my emails, and phone calls; but, however I went through a Hazmat training class, 24hr 12 hours a day for the oil-spill clean-up project. I put in time and money running here and there from Ocean Springs MS to Pascagoula MS back to Ocean Springs to be told, I would be contacted in 48hrs as to where I would be working and when. Unfortunately after 48hrs I'm still waiting, I've tried to contact my recruiter who will not return my calls or emails. I've done my physical and drug test and background check which I passed. And here I am still unemployed waiting feeling like a sucker, because I'm not working!!! Aerotek needs to be up front and honest when telling you yes we will contact you!!! then do it, stick by your word, we have families to support, as I'm sure aerotek employees do too. Which should make you understand the importance of a follow-up call. Whether to say yes you are hired, no your not and we put you through the b.s. process and class for nothing!! Please take into consideration the time and money we put into looking for jobs, going to hazmat classes, being told we had the job, til still waiting.. i mean.. really? This is a bit much.. Step it up aerotek!!!

• Ha
      20th of Jan, 2011

My experience with Aerotek in the DFW area has been a bad one with the exception of one employee. The rest have been horrible at follow up but that seems to be the case with most agencies. Aerotek employees never seem to answer the phone and email? Forget it. They don’t seem to pass along resumes to each other.Don't they get paid through commissions? You can be up for a job, be interviewed and if you aren’t hired you there is no further contact. Then you see a job posting you’re obviously qualified for and you have to contact them again. I need a job so I contact them but what are they doing with resumes after someone isn’t hired? Seems that an efficient company would have them on file to pull from. There I go being all logical and efficient again. What is wrong with me?

• To
      14th of Apr, 2011

i agree aerotek is horrible...I applied for a job and went to a job fair--i was beyond qualified for the position...and probably one of the better candidates for sure...yet aerotek didnt even give me a fair chance or a real interview-- I was rejected before the interview as the female claimed she'd 'sit down with me a few minutes' condescendingly then drilled me for a bogus interview---which was more just a negative campaign towards me...they are a shoddy company and their recruiters are horrible...immature rude beware

19th of Jan, 2012

there is just somethign wrong with aerotek-- everytime i tried applying for a position through aerotek---they somehow either make me go through a 2 hour interview and dont call me back or they mistreat me-- ALWAYS. I am always qualified for these positions and it makes no sense-- I think either they discriminate or something is wrong with the people who staff or work at these places...this happened with the aerotek in orlando on corporate drive...strange place with weirdos who work there...unprofessional idiots to be honest...