Aerotek / arielle soriano, bellevue, wa recruiter

1 Bellevue, WA, United States

I had worked with Arielle in the past, however I could not believe how I was treated in the way that I was treated with this most recent incident that happened yesterday 09/14/2017. Arielle had worked with me in the past, and we had a good experience. I contacted her again and told her I was looking but I was keeping my options open at this time. She said she had a job that she wanted to submit me for with a local health care organization. I told her that was fine, and to go ahead. I never confirmed an interview or anything. Throughout my day yesterday, 09/14/2017, I had developments for full time job opportunities that came about. When Arielle contacted me later that evening around 5:40 p.m., I was unable to answer the phone. I sent her an e-mail letting her know that I wasn't interested in that particular position at this time as I had other developments. She already knew I was looking with one other employer, and I told her I had my options open. She said in a rude, loud tone, "WHY!? WHY ARE YOU NOT INTERESTED!?" I explained to her that I am interested in that type of position that she submitted me for, but when better opportunities come along, I like to keep my options open. She said loudly and unprofessionally, ' I DON'T UNDERSTAND! Well, what ARE you looking for then!!??" I told her I was looking for a position like hers but in a job search, it is professional to keep all options available and to search. I told her I never made a commitment to an interview. She said OK! and SLAMMED the phone down. So unprofessional. I have never, ever had a recruiter treat me like that. Everyone I have dealt with is professional, and understands if I turn down a position. Not everyone is super desperate to take a job the next day! I was so mad. I have contacted corporate and no one has contacted me as of yet. Do they not care that this unacceptable behavior is going on!? They must not. It sounds like all these people care about are their commissions and paycheck. So much for "we care for our people" or whatever. I would avoid this employment agency at all costs, honestly.

La