Aerosoles / They refuse to honor their email and cancel the order.

1 201 Meadow RoadEdison, NJ, United States Review updated:

I ordered a pair of boots from Aerosoles on their web site. Three days later I received an email:

We regret to inform you that OVERRIDE BROWN LEATHER 9.5M in your recent order, confirmation number [protected], is currently unavailable to be shipped to you, and it has been placed on backorder. If you prefer not to wait until we can fulfill your order, you can cancel this item by contacting customer service at customerservice AT aerosoles.com, or by calling [protected]. If the item is still not available to ship by 01/23/08, and we have not heard from you, the item will be cancelled automatically. If you do not want your order automatically cancelled on 01/23/08, you may request that we keep your order open and ship it as soon as new inventory arrives by contacting customer service. Even if you request to keep your order open, you still have the right to cancel the order at any time before it is shipped to you.

I called and requested to cancel the order. I was told I could not cancel the order because they are searching their retail stores to find a pair of the boots. I replied to the email they sent and pointed out the email stated I could cancel at any time as long as the order did not ship.

It has not shipped. I've been told I have to wait 2 weeks for them to try to find the boots then they may cancel the order. I reminded them of the email they sent stating that I could cancel and they said I cannot cancel.

I tried numerous times to resolve this problem through their customer service and was told the same thing, I had to wait 2 weeks. They refuse to honor their email and cancel the order.

Va

Comments

• Ge
      29th of Nov, 2012

AEROSLOES shoes - it takes month to receive a merchandise credit !
    I shipped a pair of shoes I bought in an Aerosoles store to Aerosoles in New Jersey for an exchange (different size) on October 17, 2012. I called Aerosoles ahead and did exactly what I was told to do. I called Nov. 3, 2012 to ask of the status of my exchange. I gave my tracking number and Aerosoles confirmed that they received the shoes. I did not receive any shipment, so I called again on Nov. 20, 2012. I had to give my tracking# again. They said the shoe is not availabe anymore in this size and I will receive a merchandise credit. I went online and the shoe was actually available online the size I needed. I sent an email and did not receive any reply. I called again on Nov. 29 because I did not receive any merchandise credit; and again I had to give my tracking number; very frustrating process !!! I asked to speak to the manager but only could leave a message.
    This is not the first time that I experience very bad customer service at Aerosoles, New Jersey. I will buy my shoes at DWS from now on.