Aerosoles / Failure to receive shoes

On Nov. 9, 2008, I held my fifth Aerosoles Home Shoe Party since 2005. I enjoy having these parties, because it is a fun and relatively easy way for my friends and I to try and buy the Aerosoles shoes that we like so much.

I hadn't had much difficulty in doing this until this year, when I booked a party to be hosted by employees of the Aerosoles store in the Palisades Mall in West Nyack, NY (aero053@aersoles.com). In short, my party sold approximately $2, 000 worth of shoes in a 2-hour timespan on a Sunday afternoon, which, according to the salesperson, David, was much more than they would typically sell during the same timespan in the retail store.

Even though I sent a detailed request list ahead of time, including sizes, styles, colors, etc., David and his assistant (a young woman who obviously did not want to help customers at the party - I don't recall her name, but it began with an "L" and one eye appeared to be bloodshot that day), brought sizes and styles that were useless to many of my guests. Since most of us wear size 9 and up, we requested large sizes to try on. Most of the shoes that were brought were size 7 and 8, which meant that many of my guests had to order shoes for a catalogue, instead of being able to try them on. Tell me why guests should come to my house to purchase items from a catalogue without trying them on first? They could do that from their home computers.

But if the salespeople's lazy attitudes during the party weren't bad enough, it's the AFTER-shoe party behavior that I write you about today. I earned four pairs of shoes from the party. To date, I have received three pairs.I received one on Nov. 9, two on DECEMBER 10 and am still awaiting a fourth pair of shoes. I have called the store repeatedly and have dealt with a competent and polite manager, Lacey, who told me I should receive the fourth pair by Dec. 13 and assured me that David would call to follow up. It is now Dec. 19 and I don't have the final pair of shoes, nor have I heard from anyone at the West Nyack store.

I'm obviously a committed customer, as evidenced by the five shoe parties that I've held in my home. But please tell me why I should continue to do business with Aerosoles? I understand that Easy Spirit has a similar home shoe party business, which I am willing to try. It can only be better than the sheer lack of customer service that I have received from Aerosoles.

Gd

Comments

• Mi
      13th of Mar, 2010

WELL! YOU THOUGHT YOU SOLD 2000 WORTH AT YOUR PARTY YOU DELUSIONAL COKED UP WANNA BE WHITE B**** :) TO BE "A 'LITTLE MORE CLEAR ON THIS "FRUITLESS" SITUATION...YOUR SO-CALLED "FRIENDS" WHO "PURCHASED" SHOES AT YOUR TIRED "SHOE PARTY", ABOUT 1/3 OF THEM CANCELED PAYMENT AND OR HAD NO PAYMENT AT ALL :)...IT WAS EXPLAINED TO YOU THAT PAYMENT WOULD HAVE TO BE PROCESSED AT THE STORE TO THEN FIND OUT HOW MANY "FREE" SHOES YOUR DRIED UP "CHEAP"A** WAS GETTING...TO SAY THE LEAST IT WAS A MISSION AND A HALF TO TRACK DOWN AND EXTRACT PAYMENT FROM YOUR "FRIENDS" WHICH ALMOST WENT INTO A MONTH(SOME FRIENDS YOU GOT -_-)...PLUS...YOUR "SHOE PARTY" PEEPS WERE COMING IN BY THE THE HANDFUL RETURNING SHOES PURCHASED AT YOUR "PARTY" HHMMMMMMM -__-

REALLY B****, I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU COME OFF SAYING THAT YOU ARE A TRUE AEROSOLES CUSTOMER WHEN YOUR CHEAP A** DONT BUY ANYTHING, YOUR ONLY THERE FOR HAVING THE PARTY IN YOUR VERY "DATED" HOUSE TO TRY AND GET "FREE" SHOES...SHAME HONEY, GET A HOBBY AND A LIFE :)

• Bl
      21st of Aug, 2014

customer service stinks. sent wrong shoe size from what was ordered. Called their customer service line and recorded message was to leave name & would receive a call back within 24 hrs even though called during normal business hours; I called back and representative said they would process a prepaid mailing label which I should receive shortly in my email. Waited 4 hours and called again and found out the representative while noting the problem, did not process the prepaid return label. Also, tried to send complaint through the customer service website and it does not work. The product is too good to have this type of service attached to it. Please get your act together.