Aeropostale / lost my christmas order!

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

I ordered my son's Christmas gifts on Cyber Monday from Aeropostale. I was so excited at the deals I had gotten. Received email that order shipped 12/2/2010. Their charge hit my account 12/6/2010. By 12/13/2010, did not receive. I tracked it with UPS and it still stated "Billing Information Received" in status field. I called to inquire about my order and was told that it must be lost and confirmed that it was never given to UPS. I was promised that this would be investigated and I would receive an email in 24 hours. Nothing received, so I called again on 12/16/2010 and not only is it lost, but only 3 of the 6 items can be sent at all. It took them over 20 minutes to get me a manager, who couldn't help me any more than the girl who took my call (This is after the girl tried to blow me off twice without giving me a manager). I asked for the same pricing on other similar items, so I could still have my son's gift and was told they would need several days to give me an answer on this. I am going to be incapacitated next week, so I am unwilling to leave this to the last minute. I told them to refund my money in full and will never shop with them again. BUYER BEWARE! Don't settle for "I'm Sorry" I am so sick of hearing that! I will not find the Cyber Monday deals anywhere else now!

Comments

• Ta
      16th of Dec, 2010

What kills me is this wasted on back order! They packed it up and then lost it. I will shop anywhere BUT here next Cyber Monday!

• Ta
      16th of Dec, 2010

I meant "Wasn't" on back order.

• Do
      16th of Dec, 2010

I had a very similar situation with them myself except mine being back to school shopping.. Same deal as yours they lost my order but tried to blame UPS..My first 2 calls were basically blown off "wait & see if it shows up". After my third call, they did agree to reship all of my 'available items' at my original prices. Which was less than half of my order which left me scrambling the week before school started. When you call (or order online) you are NOT speaking with anyone at Aeropostle - It is actually a warehouse / call center that handles their orders for them so that is why they are unable to credit your account. (I saw that on TV a few weeks later on Undercover Boss, believe it or not). Your package mailing label does not say Aeropostle either it shows the warehouse name as the sender.