Aeroplan.com / being charged for phone booking when the aeroplan website is broken

Toronto, ON, Canada

To whom it may concern,

I spent a couple of frustrating hours today and last night trying to book tickets using aeroplan miles on your aeroplan site. I finally managed to book 4 one way tickets for Aug 24th to Curacao from Toronto for my family, which took me about 90 minutes as the flights kept popping up and then disappearing.

I tried to book the return flights today, and found on the day we need to return August 31st (flights are very limited to that destination from Toronto) there were only 2 seats left. I went to book them on your website; once I got throught the entire process, entering my credit card etc, I received an error page from your site telling me to log in again and try again. Which I tried another 2 or 3 times. Each time I logged back into the site, I would have to wait to see the flights re-appear, so actually needed to wait about 10-15 minutes before each new attempt. And then each time I got through your booking process again, I received the same error message.

Finally after an hour of attempting to use your website to book these tickets, I phoned for help. I was told that I would have to pay an extra $30 per ticket to use the phone booking service. I waited a full 15 minutes on hold to speak to a "supervisor" who made it very clear that she did not care that I had spent most of the morning simply trying to book a couple of tickets, told me that the website was broken, and that I could wait for it to get fixed before booking my tickets. As there are were only the 2 seats left on the flight, I explained to her that I couldn't really wait and also as I am working, I can't spend all day going back to the website every 10 minutes and going through the process only to possibly receive your error message repeatedly.

I asked her if she could waive the $30 per person extra charge, as it is your website down, and no fault of mine.. I'm simply trying to get the last 2 tickets before they disappear. She was extremely unhelpful and did not care at all about the time I've spent trying to use your website, telling me that I would have to pay at this point the $30 per ticket if I really needed to get the tickets bought right away. I very much resent her attitude, and I resent being penalized i.e. having to pay to use your booking service, when it is your website that is not functioning properly. I am booking these tickets on my spouse's card and he is an 50000 Elite member, so it's not like we don't use Air Canada and Aeroplan all the time for travel, mainly business travel. This service is nothing short of shoddy, frustrating, and we cannot comprehend what Aeroplan is doing, is trying to communicate to we the clients/customers by being wholly unhelpful, and taking advantage of us in this way.
I did pay and use the telephone system, which was not that efficient as I still had to enter my credit card details on my phone dial pad, which as I explained to the salesperson, sometimes does not work that well on my phone..again, there was nothing she could do about that. The whole process was so frustrating, I am extremely hesitant to use your service again any time soon.
The account holder here is [removed], Aeroplan #[removed]
I would like to be refunded for these 2 $30 charges and some recognition of the time this process has stolen from me today.
What's also annoying is I still need to go and find another way to get 2 of my family back to Toronto as Air Canada only had the 2 tickets available from Curacao.. perhaps I will have better luck with one of your competitors..?

[removed]