Aeroplan / rip off

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

We needed to use some of my husbands aeroplan points before they expire. I booked a hertz car rental. Three days for 17, 500 points. However, I still needed to buy insurance as I wasn't using a credit card that normally covers it. Cost $105 for three days. If I had rented a car at Enterprise and used my credit card the total cost would have been $120.00. So I just spent 17, 500 poiints for $15 worth of car rental. Feel totally ripped off.

Di
May 16, 2015

Comments

• Ia
      2nd of Oct, 2007
    Aeroplan - Poor service!
    Canada

I have lost 198,000 points because of inactivity. I realize this is probably now old news for many but is anything being done Aeroplans heavy handed tactics. Any help or contact regarding such things as class action suit would be appreciated!

• Vi
      13th of Jan, 2008

I just found out I lost all my Aeroplan miles because of inactivity. They to reinstate them, they told me that I have to actually pay them 1 cent per mile. So they want me to pay to collect points and pay again to get back what is actually my. I will never use AirCanada or Aeroplan again.

• Be
      11th of Mar, 2008
    Aeroplan - Thievery!
    Aeroplan
    Canada

Like so many others, I was ripped off of all my points without notification. If anyone knows of a lawsuit or any others means that we can get back what is ours, please let me know.

11th of May, 2008
    Aeroplan - Aeroplan
    Aeroplan
    Alberta
    Canada

I have been ripped off, over 43, 000 points.
    Last month they were there, this month not - deleted due to inactivity they say.

Is there is class action lawsuit possible? I know I am not alone.

16th of May, 2008
    Aeroplan - Points stolen
    Alberta
    Canada

I must add my name to your list. I just discovered that all the 49, 000 we had accumulated were stolen by AeroPlan just 2 weeks ago. To get these back I must now pay $500. How can this be legal?

• Lo
      3rd of Jun, 2008
    Aeroplan - cost to transfer points
    British Columbia
    Phone: 604-777-1366

upon the death of my spouse, I was honest with aeroplan and let them know. They wanted $427 to transfer his points to me. I should have kept my mouth closed and just booked via his account on-line!! Lesson to all - honestly doesn't always pay!

• Da
      7th of Jun, 2008

I am establishing a community of those ripped off by aeroplan's policies.
    Write your experience to:
    aero.disloyalty at gmail.com
    I will share all on a soon to be built blog just for this topic and hopefully we can work together to get some response.
    Thx

• Da
      25th of Aug, 2008

I think there is a basis for a class action suit with Aeroplan, not only scamming points, but now charging what they call a "combined tax" on the ticket of up to 50% of the ticket value. I booked reward travel from Victoria to Edmonton and they charged me $147.00 - my friend booked a reward ticket for the same trip, since we were traveling together and she only got charged a fee of $36.00. When I phoned back to question this, they said that Air Canada had leveyed a fuel surcharge that they had to charge me - BUT NOT MY FRIEND!!!

We need to collect info about this and to start a class action suit.

• Pi
      15th of Sep, 2008
    Aeroplan - AEROPLAN SUCKS

WE BOOKED A ROOM USING AEROPLAN POINTS AND WHEN I WANTED TO ADD A NAME TO ROOM AEROPLAN TOLD US TO CANCEL AND RE-BOOK THE ROOM. WHEN WE DID THAT, WE LOST THE ENTIRE RESERVATION AND ROOM WAS NO LONGER AVAILABLE - 10 SECONDS LATER!!

AEROPLAN SUCKS!

• Ih
      6th of Mar, 2009

in other words, they made you BUY your spouses points. The heartless so and so's!