Aeroplan / lost shipments

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

We ordered two Olympic coins on October 30 and it is Feb 10th and one coin is still not received. One coin was received in January. We have called 4 times to no avail. Now they tell us it was shipped December 29th, however after pushing they changed the ship date to January 19th and indicate that we have to wait 6 more weeks to see if the shipment shows up. In further investigation we found out that the order was not placed by Maritz (Aeroplan provider) till December 14th a full six weeks to place an order. It is unbelievable how terrible Aeroplan performs and how bad their provider Maritz is.

Comments

• Kr
      18th of Feb, 2010

Hi there,

My name is Kristin and I am a senior member of Aeroplan's Customer Service Support. I received an alert about your comment here and I'd like to apologize for the experience you have had. I'd also like to help resolve this for you, by tracking down the coin. In order to do so, I'll need your preferred contact information (name, phone and/or email). I will be more than happy to discuss this with you, on this forum and/or via personal communication. I can be reached at the following email address:

aeroplancustomerservice@maritz.com

Thank you, and again my sincere apologies for your unfortunate experience. I look forward to hearing from you and resolving as soon as possible.

Regards,

Kristin Barnard
    Customer Care Supervisor, Aeroplan

26th of Jul, 2011

How many places has Air Canada outsourced their Aeroplan points delivery to? Carlson Marketing are the people who deal with gift cards, and they haven't sent me the gift cards I ordered 7 months ago, in spite of emails, investigation forms completed, phone calls, and "please be patient". There is no complaints area or contact us to complain or for real customer service system, or any forum for Aeroplan members on the Aeroplan website whatsoever. It is impenetrable and a scam.
    People are fed up with not being able to use their points for flights, especially direct flights, and the changes in the aeroplan system, but that doesn't mean that the points can be used for activities or merchandise: I have spent 7 months trying to do so and my time has been wasted, and none of the orders I placed 7 months ago for cards was ever shipped or received.