Aeroplan / mileage reinstatement

PO Box 21000 - Dorval Station, PointeClaire, QC, Canada Review updated:

I collected on behalf of my daughter (on her own account) 60, 000 miles over the years to get a ticket as her graduation present. Her miles expired on November 13/15 following one year of no activity. Less than two weeks after expirationI, on Nov 27/15, I called Aeroplan to have the miles re-instated. I was told that to re-instate the mileage I was required to pay $30 Admin fee + $600 for Mileage! I was shocked, as I have been an Aeroplan member since 1989 and collected hundred of thousands of miles on my own account. To say the least I am an Air Canada "frequent Flyer". After my call on Nov 27, I was told that I had to pursue my request through the FAQ section of the Aeroplan members site. I did. Surprised by this impersonal method, I received on Dec 4/15 an automated email from Aeroplan stating that these type of requests cannot be dealt through the website! I just called back and talked to a very polite agent, who after 20 mins of back an forth confirmed that 1) Aeroplan does not have a customer service department 2) there is No escalation process and 3) There is no Ombudsman that I can contact. Can anybody suggest what to do? This is outrageous and offensive for anybody, and particularly for somebody who's been a member for over 25 years. Alain

Al
Dec 05, 2015

Comments

• Ae
      Jan 11, 2016

My wife had a Aeroplan account that she used mainly for purchasing various merchandise and Auto re-fuelling her car and suddenly her 22000 miles were dis-continued, can they be re-installed ?

• Ae
      Jan 11, 2016

Since I have 22000 Miles I would like to add to this amount

Jan 18, 2016

We went on a long trip by auto and i used her Aeroplan Card extensively at restaurants gas stations etc but the worst part after being a member for such a long time and to be kicked off without any warning and to lose a substantial amount of miles is hard to take, particularly with my husband who has been a member since the outset.

Jan 18, 2016

I have no more to say except I have a bad taste.