Aeromexico / service

United States Review updated:

To whom it may concern,

I was flying round trip from Seattle to Mexico, I was not aware of the (E) or (Basic) fare policy. On the way there luckily I flew Delta and, in the airport I decided to buy a first class ticket and had no problem doing that.
On the way back flying Aeromexico, I decided to buy a first class ticket, they told me they had none, only premier. So I decided to buy a premier, to my surprise, Aeromexico doesn't like to make money and keep customers happy. Their excuse was, you have a "Basic Fare". They preferred to fly all the way from Mexico to Seattle with empty premier seats then making customer happy and make more money.
I don't know who came up with this policy but it seems absurd and not customer friendly. As a business man, I believe that if you want a better service and want to pay extra for that service and the service is available you should be able to buy that service no matter where, when or how.
I am very disappointed in Aeromexico, and from now on. I'm not buying tickets through Aeromexico. I think this policy hurts the company and customer.

J.C.G.C 8/30/18

Jc
Aug 30, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      Sep 05, 2018

I booked a flight from Vancouver, Canada to Guadalajara via Mexico City for Sept. 11/18 using Expedia.ca as I have done numerous times before with no issue, however, this was my first time flying AeroMexico. Since it is an overnight (red eye) flight, I booked well in advance (almost 5 weeks) to ensure I could select a window seat, but, at no time during the booking did it come up with a seat selection option. I expected when I recieved a flight confirmation, it would then do this, but did not. This morning I received an email offering an upgrade to Premier Class which it said I could 'bid' on, but offered little information, including what I would actually get for my upgrade (most concerned about comfort of seats, and, getting that all-important window seat). I called customer service and was told that email should not have been sent to me, as that option wasn't available because I had a 'basic' seat. I now believe for AeroMexico, basic is synonymous with Third Class. Then he went on to explain that there would not be any opportunity to choose my seat at any stage as this is not a feature they offer. Would have been nice if that had been spelled out at booking. Very unhappy!!! Will not fly AeroMexico again, and will be posting of my experience on my social media sites to warn others.

Sep 05, 2018

Very poor policies for an airline to adopt, and customer service to match. I see by the other complaints, I am not the only one who has had this experience.

Sep 05, 2018

Also, their Canadian customer service agent, Victor, gave me an email address where I could formally file a complaint ([protected]@aeromexico.com) and my email bounced back as undeliverable! Am I surprised? Not really. So bad!