Aeromexico / antiquated and slow systems

Paseo de la Reforma 445, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico Review updated:

Our return trip was a nightmare!!! it took us over 40 hours to get home! Aeromexico was completely incompetent. I know there were many canceled flights in the US that could have made some options not possible, but the options that we were presented with were realistic, avoided the east coast, and any other airline could have made the simple changes.
Not Aeromexico:
They pushed our flight out, and out, until we could not make our connection in Mexico City - no reason would or could be given!
They pulled our bags off the airplane and tried for over an hour to get us on the Alaska Airlines flight to LA but could not do it!
They were content to leave us until the following day (New Year's Eve) and have us return to Seattle by 10:00 PM New Years Eve!!!
When I suggested other flights they got to work and had us booked through Mexico City, Vancouver, Seattle but this took another 1.5 hours to perform!
They flew us to Mexico City and gave us vouchers for airport transfers, hotel, and meals
But before leaving the airport for the hotel we needed to "validate" the vouchers:
Get in a regular check in line and wait 35 minutes to see an agent - who again typed away for 10-15 minutes to print vouchers to get vouchers!
Present the taxi stand a voucher and get them to issue a taxi their voucher - another 15 minutes!
At that point we had been "Aeromexico hostages" for over 12 hours!!
40 minute drive to the "inconvenient" hotel to arrive at 9:45 PM
Food vouchers could only be used in the hotel restaurant starting at 10:30 PM! We had a 3:30 AM wake-up call to return the airport!!
I've complained to the airline and will do everything I can to discourage all from using Aeromexico. I know that you must get many complaints about Aeromexico lines they move at a glacial pace compared to ANY OTHER AIRLINE. The issues that they could overcome were in the computers. The pleasant agents tapped away for hours...no other airline uses antiquated systems like them.I've been disappointed by Aeromexico many times in the past BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!! The issues that they could overcome were in the computers. The pleasant agents tapped away for hours...no other airline uses antiquated systems like them. Refund? I don't think they will respond, and now if I try to go to their website I get blocked!!

Bi
Jan 02, 2019

Comments

•   Jan 10, 2019

The air carrier issued the vouchers, provided accomdation, meals, provided flights, which you had accepted.
    What was the fault of air carrier?
    What else do you need?