Aero California / Never get a refund

After a week long vacation in Cabo, Mexico I was ready to return home to California. The day before my flight

03 APR 06 - MONDAY
AERO CALIFOR 100 BUSINESS CL EQUIP-DC-9 JET
LV: SAN JOSE CABO 1015A NONSTOP MILES- 910
AR: LOS ANGELES 1140A ELAPSED TIME- 2:25
SEAT-12B

I was told by the airlines that my flight had been canceled and that they didn't know when flights would continue. The airline refused to issue me a refund on my flight or to pay for my flight on another airline. After about two days of no response, I took matters into my own hands and paid for another flight home with my credit card.

I later learned that the airlines was inspected by the Mexican Government and failed the inspections. All Aero California planes were grounded from flying so I was lucky to get out of Mexico. I still wanted my money back so I filled out the necessary papers for a refund and called several times. I was told that the offices were closed and that I would receive my refund when they reopened.

It is now Jan 10, 2007 and I have received no refund for my flight or formal apology for being left stuck in Mexico. If I had more time on my hands I would personally sue the airlines for leaving me in Mexico with no way home. If you are reading this please don't fly on Aero California no matter what, their planes are not safe and you will never get a refund.

Va

Comments

15th of Apr, 2007

I too was stuck in Mexico after Aerocalifornia was grounded in April 2006. I see that they're flying now and have a website but no information can be found for people who were left with unused tickets nor can I find an email address where I can contact the company. I bought my ticket through Expedia.ca and I contacted them and they said they will work on my behalf and try to get a refund from Aerocalifornia. They said there were no guarantees that I would get anything. I recently sent the necessary papers to Expedia.ca and am waiting to hear back from them. I think Aerocalifornia should make more of an effort to make it easy for people like us to get a refund. They need to take responsibility and at least provide us with information. Would I fly with Aerocalifornia again? Only if I receive a refund. That would demonstrate that they care about their customers.