Aer Lingus / Lost Luggage
After nearly 2 years of planning, my husband & I travelled to Edinburgh Scotland, via Dublin Ireland, for the Gathering of the Clans.
We arrived on Friday, July 24/09 and had previously booked tickets for a formal dinner that evening. My kilt, etc. was squeezed into our carry-on luggage. However, my husband's medications (diabetes, high blood pressure) and his evening clothes were in his checked luggage. Imagine our horror when we learned that our luggage would not arrive from Dublin until the following morning!
I tried in vain to reach a Customer Service representative to assist in purchasing other clothes or at least finding something to rent. There was no help available, despite the gallant efforts of the staff @ our hotel in Edinburgh.
We hope to return to Scotland in future & had intended to fly Aer Lingus again. However, unless they come forward with a token of their concern that would assist in our travel plans, we shall find another carrier and suggest the same to our friends.
Mr. & Mrs. R. Todd
Submitted: August 13/2009
More Aer Lingus Complaints & Reviews
- Aer Lingus - Delay flight, missed connection and lost baggage 
- Aer Lingus - customer service 
- Aer Lingus - Illegal activity on board aircraft 
- Aer Lingus Flight - Cancelled Flight and V.V Poor Service
- Aer Lingus - Lost my luggage 
- Aer Lingus - exchange rate
- Aer Lingus - Poor customer service 
- Aer Lingus - cancelled booking 
- Aer Lingus - Unjust Overweight Charges 
- Aer Lingus - excess baggage