A&E Factory Services / terrible customer repair service!

We purchased a maytag microwave and in less than 4 months the unit failed. I called maytag for repair as it was under warranty. I was directed to a&e services. They sent a technician out and he diagnosed the problem and said he needed to order parts and would return for a repair visit. We did get the parts in a timely manner and the he came back out for the repair. After replacing multiple parts the unit still didn't work. The tech couldn't figure out the problem. He had to call someone for help. He then discovered he completely misdiagnosed the problem and replaced perfectly good parts with parts we didn't need. He said needed to order more parts. I knew from the start this person wasn't qualified to fix this unit. Some how he completely over looked the real problem which was the wiring was up against the motor and it fired all the wires.

Maytag apparently didn't construct the unit properly (Don't buy maytag).

I called a&e and asked that for the next visit would they send a new tech who has more knowledge in this type of repair. Customer service said they would note that on my file but couldn't promise anything. I have taken 3 afternoons of my time to sit at home and wait for a&e to show up. I do not have this time to waste while they send unqualified technicians. Not to mention we have been without a microwave going on 4 weeks.

I asked how I could verify i'd get a different technician. I wanted to speak to a supervisor since the general customer service reps have no concern with customer satisfaction. They just don't care. I was told there are no phone numbers for supervisors and there was no one I could call. The customer service rep had absolutely no concern for my problem. A&e gets paid for all their visits so making multiple visits is of no concern for them.

Any company that has no way for a customer to escalate a problem or talk to someone in a higher position to do something is not a company I wish to do business with. It's unfortunate that appliance companies have outsourced they repair service to a&e factory services. It reflects poorly on the appliance company as well. Based on my dealings with maytag and a&e over this service we will never purchase a maytag product again.

The repair person is due to come this sat. I can only hope that once and for all this unit will get repaired.

Comments

• Me
      21st of Mar, 2007

We're still waiting 5 weeks and 4 visits later for A&E Factory Services to fix our microwave. Why would any company hire A&E to do their repair work? Their customer service is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with. On the latest visit the repair technician said he needed to order more parts and he left. He didn't give us any information as to when he'd be back. He did say that at this point they have replaced pretty much every part of our new microwave. One of the earlier technicians ordered and replaced perfectly good parts because he didn't know what he was doing and misdiagnosed the real problem. It would've been cheaper for Maytag to just replace the unit than pay for 4 and now 5 visits from the repair company and all these new parts.

I called Maytag as well and once you've bought their product they don't seem too concerned if you are happy with it. They have offered no solutions to this mess and direct us to continue to deal with A&E.

In the future before we buy another appliance we will inquire as to who provides their repair service and will not purchase anything serviced by A&E Factory Service.

This is a poor reflection on Maytag as well to our source your repair work to a company that doesn't care about your customers. The more visits A&E makes the more money they get.

It trouble me that in the US we create products that are junk, don't stand behind them and our customer service is anything but customer service.

• Pa
      15th of Feb, 2008
    A & E Factory Service - Terrible customer service!
    A & E Factory Service
    Oregon

After scheduling a service appointment through MAYTAG, I get a call from A&E Factory Service about 5 hours later to reschedule for several days later after they stated they had no one available for the previous scheduled times. After calling Maytag again and reporting the incident, the provided me with several other local companies.

I would suggest to look in the yellow pages first for an authorized repair company that is local before calling the manufacturer. The authorized repair business get the same parts and also honor the warranties.

I will not do business with unprofessional companies that misrepresent their services.

• Ro
      22nd of Feb, 2008

Once again A and E Factory has made an appointment and then did not show up. At least this time they called at 2:15 and said they were not coming. The last time they did not bother to do that.
    I hate these people with every fiber of my being. They are a good example of how Sear's, Lowes, Home depot and every large retailer is screwing American's. I will do without before I buy any appliance from a large retailer again. From now own it is small business with their own repairmen. I don't care what it cost.

• Kc
      3rd of Apr, 2008

I have been trying to get my WHIRLPOOL WASHER fixed since March 14. I THINK A and E is a scam and Whirlpool allows this to happen!!! I keep getting a different excuse everyday as to why my machine part is not here !!! I do not consider A and E reputable and I will never purchase another Whirlpool Appliance again!!!

• Ni
      11th of Apr, 2008

I have simmilar problems only with a dishwasher Frididaire... I have been visited by techs three times now the fourth time and between the two techs they are conflicting with the problem with the connections... I have taken off of work each time and could have bought three new dishwashers and imagine that it still isn't fixed... Trying to speak with someone is literally impossible and should you be lucky to get connected with someone they only put you on hold... I have used my machine only 4 times and it is a been in repair at least that many times and for much longer periods of time. I will be again looking at who will be provideing service form now on as well since my customer satisfaction level with this company is so poor.

• Da
      29th of Apr, 2008
    A&E Factory Service - Horrible customer and repair service
    A&E Factory Service
    Maryland

I have had A&E Factory Service out five times to fix my Fisher & Paykel dryer and it still does not work properly. Fisher & Paykel has paid A&E Service for repairs for more than I paid for the dryer in the first place. I would not recommend and I will never purchase another Fisher & Paykel again.

The customer service is horrible. I demanded to be transferred to a supervisor and given their phone number and the rep refused.

A&E Factory Service appears to be owned by Sears.

14th of Dec, 2009

I had the pleasure of working with this amazing repair service over the last week or so. (sarcasm)

1. I called Kitchenaid for an appointment, and they set one up for me with A&E. I provided two phone numbers because my cell phone does not always work in my office. A&E only called my cell phone, not my office line, so they marked me as "not home" even after I confirmed with Kitchenaid that they provided the repair tech with BOTH numbers.

2. Second try. They rescheduled me for 4 days later, between 8 and 12. I stayed home from work so I knew I couldn't miss the call. At 9:30, I called and asked if they had an ETA and the rep said they will call before noon. 11:30, no call, I called the same 800 number again and they had NO RECORD of my appointment. Very agitated at this point. Rescheduled for the following Monday.

3. Third time's a charm? I called A&E in the morning to confirm my appointment between 1 and 5. The rep said I would get a call from the service tech on my work line. I got the call from the service rep at 3, and he said he would be at my place within an hour but might hit traffic so he would call when he is closer to my neighborhood (told him to call when he's 15 mins away to give me time to get home). Got a call from him saying he was 5 minutes away, rushed home and got there within 10 minutes. My doorman said no one showed up yet. At that moment, got a voicemail from A&E saying the technician left because I was not home. ???? Then, I went outside my building and saw the A&E truck driving away, tried chasing it down the street but they didn't see me. Immediately called A&E and told them to send him back. They said he left because he could not find parking, and asked for me to PAY for garage parking. After I just saw him drive by at least 2 open parking spots. I said fine, I will pay, just send him back. Waited outside for 15 minutes, he didn't come back. Called back, and they said that he marked me as "not home" and I'd have to reschedule. Screamed at them quite a bit, filed a complaint (yeah, lets see where THAT gets me) and called a local repair person.

SO happy I am paying for my oven repair out of my own pocket rather than through the warranty. I will be posting my complaint on any site I can, and filing a complaint through the Better Business Bureau.

• Mj
      18th of May, 2010

Just want to add my own experiences with A&E. Basically I have had the exact same type of problems. We have a Kitchenaid Dishwasher that started breaking down after about 18 months and a Maytag washing machine that broke after 2 years. Each of these appliances cost us nearly $1000 each!

For every repair A&E scheduled service but never showed several times, I however took the day off from work every time. A&E told me parts needed to be ordered but gave no idea what or when - the parts did eventually show up at my house and about a week later so did the A&E tech.

Unfortunately A&E never repaired the dishwasher but GOOD NEWS, I was able to get my credit card to refund all of the repair fees that I had charged. It took several letters and an few emails to the CT States Attorneys office.

Regarding the washing machine, I just gave up and purchased a new one - LG.

From my experience appliance repair has become a joke. It doesn't happen and a lot of time and money is wasted, just read the boards and you will see this is happening all over. To make matters worse the quality of appliances has gone way down over the past decade. Companies can't get good help, won't pay for good help and the manufacturers are only interested in bottom line with no concern for quality.

We the consumer are getting hosed and unless you are willing to spend a considerable amount of time and energy working on the solution you will more often be better off just biting the bullet and buying a new unit.

• Zy
      24th of Aug, 2010

Well I too have some auful experience with A&E, i have a Cabrio washer as you all know cabrio has some issues so whirpoool is taking responsibility about it by sending technicians that can fix the proble. boy I have an awful experience with this [censor]s A&E, the first tech. that they send can't figure out whats wrong with the washer so he completely disabled my washer and let us go to the Laundry mat to do our washing but before all this mess comes up my washer was still functioning with the other cycle not no more 'THANKS TO THOSE EXPERT [censor]S OF A&E" they completely ruined my washer, ordering from one parts to another now my washer is completely dead, I hope they are HAPPY because they succesfully ruined other peoples live. '"TO ALL YOU CUSTOMER OUT THERE PLEASE DO NOT DEAL WITH A&E" they don't know what they are doing. their service is completely HORRIBLE you don't believe me try and have them as your service technicians for your home appliances and you will be amazed how incompetent they are. I will not recommend this company at all." SO CUSTOMER BEWARE".

• Ka
      14th of Apr, 2013

Unbelievable! This is exactly what I am going through now with my refrigerator. I wish I read this before I bought it in 2007. First it stopped cooling. Then they came out and said they had to order parts. Had to have someone come to my some the next week because they would not do a Saturday and i could not take off work. Scheduled 8-12. Called at 1:00. Showed at 2:30. Made 7 calls to A&E. Rude people who kept putting me on hold and disconnecting me. The last time they put me into customer service for Whirlpool. I have a Maytag. Within 2 days of the repair, the refrigerator is not cooling again.

I will never buy Maytag again and will research the quality of customer services before buying anything else.