A&e Factory Service / Whirlpool Refrigerator / a&e factory service is nothing but a rip off!
On or about sept. 1st i called whirlpool about a refrigerator ice maker not producing ice in a refer purchased in 03, they referred me to there factory authorized service, A&E factory service, on the 4th of sept. the service person, and i use that term very loosely, showed up to check the ice maker, he pulled the ice maker out of the freezer which took no more than 5 minutes. i had already took it out myself to look for any visible signs of a problem which i could find none. he looked at as i did for about 30 seconds did not test it at all, and said i needed a new ice maker,he didnt even check the the infrared sensor that senses the level in the ice bucket, he said that was working, so i asked for an estimate on the repair, he quoted me $405.00 $205.00 for the ice maker unit and $175.00 labor, it took him all of 10 minutes to remove and reinstall the old one. to make a long story short it turned out that it was not the ice making unit which was the problem, it was the sensor, that come to find out theres a red light on the sensor that flashes a code to let you know that theres a problem with the sensor itself, that this service man did not know about, or was just ripping me off, by saying the ice maker was bad, and then coming back and saying that the sensor was also bad, i ended up buying a new icemaker on line for $65.00 which ended up not the problem, and also bought a sensor unit for $75.00 which cured the problem, the old ice maker still works, A&E FACTORY SERVICE is nothing but a rip off, it cost me $60.00 for a misdiagnosed and tried to burn me for $175.00 for 10 minutes of labor, ill never use them again, and ill never buy another WHIRLPOOL product, there nothing but thieving ###.
More A&e Factory Service / Whirlpool Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- A&E Factory Service - horrible service! 
- A & E Appliance Repair - a & e sucks 
- A&e Factory Service / Warranty Repair Maytag - deceptive business practices! 
- A & E Factory Service - I would never have these people out again! 
- A & E Factory Service - scheduleing nightmare!!! 
- A&E Factory Service - lg refrigerator
- A&E Factory Service - dryer 
- A&E Factory Service - service tech, asking for money to repair an item already covered by the warranty 
- A&E Factory Service - 2 days off of work and no show
- A&E Factory Service - repair of frigidaire stack laundry system