A&E Factory Service / overcharged
When my microwave quit heating, I called Whirlpool and was referred by them to their authorized service repair company, A&E. The tech came out and diagnosed the problem and said he'd have to replace 2 sub switches. He did not have them with him. (Despite this being a relatively common problem that could and should have been easily diagnosed over the phone.) He gave me an estimate of $38.26 for parts and $145.52 for labor. I paid him $65. for the service call and told him to hit the road. I then went online and ordered the parts myself and downloaded the necessary repair instructions from the Whirlpool sight. The parts cost less than $15, including tax and shipping charge. It took me ten minutes to change the switches (and I am by no means mechanically inclined!). Gee, a 150% mark up on parts and $300 an hour for labor. I don't think so.
More A&E Factory Service Complaints & Reviews
- A&E Factory Service - horrible service! 
- A & E Appliance Repair - a & e sucks 
- A&e Factory Service / Warranty Repair Maytag - deceptive business practices! 
- A & E Factory Service - I would never have these people out again! 
- A & E Factory Service - scheduleing nightmare!!! 
- A&E Factory Service - appointment scheduled and missed by the technician.
- A&E Factory Service - lg dishwasher
- A&E Factory Service - salt lake city, ut
- A&E Factory Service - lg dishwasher 
- A&E Factory Service - samsung refrigerator repair (lack of)