A&E Factory Service / overcharged

1 9948 Bunsen WayJeffersontown, KY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8009059505

When my microwave quit heating, I called Whirlpool and was referred by them to their authorized service repair company, A&E. The tech came out and diagnosed the problem and said he'd have to replace 2 sub switches. He did not have them with him. (Despite this being a relatively common problem that could and should have been easily diagnosed over the phone.) He gave me an estimate of $38.26 for parts and $145.52 for labor. I paid him $65. for the service call and told him to hit the road. I then went online and ordered the parts myself and downloaded the necessary repair instructions from the Whirlpool sight. The parts cost less than $15, including tax and shipping charge. It took me ten minutes to change the switches (and I am by no means mechanically inclined!). Gee, a 150% mark up on parts and $300 an hour for labor. I don't think so.

Sb

Comments

• Rv
      9th of Sep, 2008

Just purchased new Maytag washing machine from SEARS Service Center (A&E).
    Will never purchase anything from Sears again. Turned it on and water went
    outside laundry room and all over wood floorl Tub was cracked. This A&E bunch could care less
    about the consumer. Called Sears National Consumer line - was passed on five times
    before I gave up. Absolutely outrageous. So sad that a great American company
    like Sears has given up on standing behind the consumer.

• Mj
      28th of Sep, 2009

I usually don't do this, but I'll join in. These people have the market on Whirlpool appliances. So, you're at their mercy if your appliances are still under warranty. I'm waiting right now for service, and I know it will be at the end of the day. First of all...they give you a 8-5 timeframe. Most respectable companies give you a two hour timeframe, or a morning or afternoon timeframe. Not these folks. So, I want to walk into my Doctors office to get a refill on my meds right? I call the dispatcher and ask if there is anyway the tech can call me and let me know a general idea on when he will be here. NOT POSSIBLE. Cannot do this. DO YOU REALLY THINK THESE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO KEEP YOU AS A CUSTOMER AFTER THE WARRANTY IS UP??? HELL NO, THEY DON'T CARE. They have the warranty thing tied up, and their business ethic is completely unprofessional.

I WOULD NEVER USE THESE FOLKS AFTER MY WARRANTY IS UP. NEVER, EVER, EVER. THIS IS THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL BUSINESS I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH, AND DON'T TAKE IT FROM ME...LOOK AT ALL THE BAD STUFF ON THE WEB. TOO MUCH TO READ. DON'T YOU THINK THEY WOULD SEE THIS AND WANT TO CLEAN UP THEIR ACT?????? APPARENTLY NOT. I WONDER HOW THE EMPLOYEES FEEL????? WORKING FOR A COMPANY LIKE THIS???? NO KIND OF PRIDE ABOUT THE COMPANY YOU WORK FOR, AND I'M SURE THEIR TURN OVER IS PRETTY INTENSE. GOOD LUCK AND I SUGGEST YOU CALL YOUR LOCAL MOM AND POP APPLIANCE COMPANY. THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR A LONG TIMIE...FOR A REASON.

22nd of Sep, 2010

If you are using MAYTAG, you don't have to use them. Call their warentee department back, complain about them and request someone else to service your appliances. I did and got a local independant guy who is under contract with MAYTAG instead. They've been calling every day since, multiple times a day so i'm calling back now to light someones [censor] on fire. I'm sick of this.