A&E Factory Service / incompetent repair service!

1 Hauppauge, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-905-9505

The people that work in the call centers are the most unhelpful people you have ever seen. They have no idea how to run a service company. I called Maytag for service on a washing machine for which I have a service contract. I was scheduled through their repair service company, which is A&E for service. The tech arrives. after my full explanation of what was wrong, without any tools or parts to repair the machine. He then puts in an order for many parts, actually more than the machine is worth, and says it requires two men, and 180 minutes of repair time. Within the next two weeks the parts start arriving, looking like Christmas in boxes, and I get on the phone to schedule a date which is set for January 14th. On the 13th, the day before the scheduled service I received a confirming phone call of service for tomorrow morning between 8 and 12. At 10 am I called the company because I took the day off and another tech for A&E said I should do that because then I can have an idea of what time they will be coming. I called to find out that I was #5 on the list for the day and the tech coming was still on call #2, which meant it would be hours before someone would be coming. At about 3PM after ranting and raving with A&E, the tech called me only to inform me that he doesn't have the proper tools and has been telling the company that for months and that he was alone and couldn't do the repair. I called customer service only to be lied to by everyone that I spoke to and when asked to speak to a supervisor, they told me none are in the office. I could gladly have an address to write a complaint to but that was all I could get. After snooping around, I found out that A&E is a division of Sears. That Hoffman Estates writes the contracts for the service techs and that basically the company has a terrible reputation based on all the complaints that were filed on the websites. After reading what some of the techs wrote, I find out that they aren't happy with the company and they think the customer call center is loaded with incompetent people that have no idea what they are doing but collecting a check every week. So, here it is the 14th, my next date for repair service is Jan. 23rd from 8-12 as scheduled by Amanda ID#60900 in the Round Rock, TX office. That is after talking to a supervisor Nancy #44397 of the same office that had scheduled for the 28th as the first opening. So even within the same office they don't know what they are doing and when they have availabilities. Does anyone know how you get back at these companies? Someone said that when you call for repair service right away tell them that you DON'T want A&E and they will give you someone else. Well, anyone else has to be better than this.

I figure that between the days off that I didn't get paid for and the parts already in my home, I could have sold the parts, paid for a new machine and been rid of this headache. Any suggestions? Maytag doesn't do anything about it either so they aren't much better, let's be honest here.

Ri

Comments

• Cy
      18th of Jan, 2008

I also bought a washing machine and it was delivered and installed yesterday. Needless to say the washing machine didn't work. I called the store I bought it from to either have it replace or get it fixed. They made an appointment for me through A&E since it's brand new, said they would be here today between 1pm and 5pm. Yay! What fast service. NOT!!! Take half a day of work (unpaid) to sit and wait, no problem at least I get my washer fixed and wont have to take the laundry to a laundry mat. 4pm comes and goes so I call A&E to find out what the deal is. The service guy is running late and there are two people waiting in front of me, wonderful more waiting. 6pm comes and (with the complaints of hunger pains from other household members) I call A&E again to find out whats going on. The service guy is at the call right before mine and will give me a call 30-45 minutes before he gets to me. Cool time to go and get a quick dinner and get back before he shows up, with a warning call. Finish eating get home and 8:30 rolls around. I called one last time. Where is the service guy that was suppose to be here between 1pm and 5pm? He went home at 6:45? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!?!!?? They can schedule an appointment on the 22nd to have someone come out and fix it. What about my wasted day today when no one bothered to show up or even have the decency to CALL ME? "Ma'am would you like me to text his manager and have him call you?" Ummm duh yeah... still waiting on that call. I called the store I bought the washer from after this wonderful phone call to see if they had another service that could come out and fix it, but they can't tell me that without canceling my appointment for the 22nd and if they do that can not assure me that I will be able to keep it. GREAT! If they do this to me again I call the store to find out if they do have another service to come out here.