Adventure Pets / Animal neglect at pet store

1 Prince Royal DrBerea, KY, United States Review updated:

I have been in this pet store a number of times and have seen very bad neglect of these pets. I was in at one point and they had a ferret that was so dehidrated it couldn't even hold it's head up. I told the guy it was out of water and he did nothing. A couple of days later I went in and they had moved it to the back of the store and brought it out front in a box it was so near death I was supprised it was still alive. I have been in there and seen the kittens that they have and they have been sick with the muccus draining from the eyes which is signs of upper respritory infection. Knowing that you are not supposed to sell/give them away until they are 8 wks old I was somewhat supprised to see that they had one that looked like it couldn't be over 4-5 wks old with this same infection, and one of them with a sore on the top of its head untreated.

Th

Comments

• Fr
      10th of Dec, 2008

• Ka
      29th of Dec, 2008

Next time say nothing, keep track of all the violations you see, and call Animal Control. Don't give them the warning that you are going to. Most states have laws about selling animals under a certain age as well. Also, cats tend to = ringworm, if that was the case, that animal should not have been on the sales floor, and that is one you can actually call the health department for since it can be transferred to people. If this happens enough, they may clean up their act, since they never know when their going to get cited.

• Ha
      15th of Feb, 2009

Contact your local ASPCA[http://www.aspca.org/], Humane Society, or police department. It is illegal to sell animals without proper heath care, and all ill animals must be kept in their own department and have proof of VET care.