Advantage Title / Delay of Loan and Disclosure

Advantage Title
Westlake Village
Phone: 877-365-9365
Refinancing for a lower rate, not hurting, but it would be nice. Began process in January of 2009. It is now April 9th and I am told papers are ready for me to sign. But, the Estimated Closing Statement I got two weeks ago, and the one from today do not match - even close. Aside from teh additional $750 in costs, they now demand to pay 2/3 of the cash out ($18, ooo) to my student loans. Seems to me, they would have known that as a condition two or three months ago and it would have been on my closing statement of two weeks ago. Every two or weeks they have something new to demand. It seems that the lender (Countrywide) at the last minute decided this new demand. I would not be upset, if this was disclosed say TWO MONTHS ago! It is like they have never done this before and are all scanning books to find out what they can do or try. I have been jumping through hoops to met every demand, but on the day to sign they come up with more costs and demands? They are using pressure to force people into these fees and terms. I am thankful that I am not hurting and was able to cancel doing business withthem, but I would be wary for others. I think this more Countrywide than Advantage, but arent they supposed to be the ones checking and monitoring? If the banks are bailed out, why are they keeping the cash? I have an 829 credit rating and the only debt I have, aside from my house, is the $18k in student loans.

D  5th of Nov, 2009 by
This sounds like a problem with your lender. Why badmouth advantage title? You walk right into a lender and you are forced to just take what they tell you. If you were to have used a broker you can switch lenders if they start switching fees.
N  9th of Feb, 2011 by
I did use a broker, btw. He is the one I thought would have told me about the new issues. Lucky for me, I got a referral to a differnt broker, who got my loan completed, with an amazing rate, in only three weeks. After following up with my agent, I have found that I am not the only person to have had trouble with this broker and that my agent is no longer using him. Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it.

Advantage Title Inc Logo Advantage Title Inc