Advantage Tax Resolution / Took money!

1 Beverly Hills, CA, United States Review updated:

Anyone out there dealt with this company, please email me immediately. I want to start a lawsuit against them ASAP. They took $11, 000 from me with no intention of resolving my tax issue. The same stories, fake names, paperwork, etc. were thrown my way as many others have gone through, with no result at all. The have a setup system to stall you through a couple of years while doing nothing, never calling you back. They file a few documents to make it look good and thats it.
This company has bilked thousands of people of a ton of money. We need to stop them. The owners are never available because I believe they are hiding in Albania and ripping us off. Its amazing they spend our thousands of dollars to advertise on TV, expensively, to rip off more people who call them. Email me to discuss this topic at: [protected]@wideopenwest.com Make sure to note or flag about Adv. Tax on the email.
Sincerely,
John

Jo
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Be
      8th of Nov, 2009

Ryan Harmon is a name that I recognize from the package of promises that he made in our case. Once he received our money (6, 900) he was no longer in the picture and the fun started. I have called numerous times to get No call back and No help. They are very rude and take advantage of people at the lowest time of their lives and should be stopped.

I have worked with them since October 2008, last week I had my wages garnished my biggest fear. I called Tax Advantage for some help in the matter and the response was that the Federal and State representatives do not want to work with them and they have left several messages with No success. I then called my local State representative, which I was able to get through in two rings. I was able to get an agreement for a payment in 10 minutes. I have followed every direction and every demand that Tax Advantage made and I could have done all of this and saved 6, 900. I am in on the Class Action, thanks .

• Bf
      26th of Oct, 2009

Joining the rest of the group as Advantage Tax Resolution charged us $5800 and will NOT return telephone calls or acknowledge faxes. All personal information was provided them ... the really frightening part.

They need to be stopped! Count us in!

21st of Oct, 2009

Oklahoma Bill-
    Go directly to www.irs.gov and file a complaint against the company
    Please see my post on the Office of Professional Responsibility and follow the instructions. These bogus tax professionals must be shut down as quickly as possible! If I can be of assistance in filing your complaint, please contact me.

• Ok
      21st of Oct, 2009

I just spent $3200.00 with these jerks. I did everything exactly as requested. The IRS flatly refused every document they sent in. Now when I try to contact them, I get a recording that says something like "they are defining their staffing needs because they've decided to go green. Leave a message and they'll call back" Good luck on that. They'd barely call back before. And, how does a group of lawyers go "green"? Add me to any class action that can be initiated.

28th of Aug, 2009

i also used Adv Tax Resolution and after 2 years they did nothing for me. I finally called the IRS myself and worked out a resolution on my own. This company is a fraud they never return your calls and are not working for you there customer. If you are filing a class action suite you can count me in. [protected]@aol.com

1st of Jul, 2009

How to File a Complaint Against Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, Enrolled Agents, and Enrolled Actuaries

A complaint should be written in a letter format. The letter should include the tax practitioner's name, address, telephone number, designation (i.e., attorney, certified public accountant, enrolled agent, enrolled actuary, etc.), a detailed description of the allegations, and any documents that support those allegations. Please direct all questions and referrals to:

Internal Revenue Service
    Office of Professional Responsibility
    SE:OPR, Room 7238/IR
    1111 Constitution Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20224

or by facsimile at 202-622-2207

or you may email us at [protected]@irs.gov

• Ju
      5th of Jun, 2009

Sadly, I am, but another case against Advantage Tax Resolution.
    Mine is ongoing since October of 2008, with no results to date.
    No return phone calls, no verification of actions with the IRS on
    my behalf.
    I, just now hung up the phone, with a very rude young lady, who
    told me that she was "Just the receptionist, and could not tie up the
    line", when I asked to hold for Mr. Ryan Harmon, my associate.
    I have called and e-mailed countless times with no response.
    It's recording after recording, and message after message.
    I paid $ 3900 in full last October for what I was told "a slam-dunk"
    in my tax problems from 2006.
    Just let me know, when the ball gets rolling, what I can do to help,
    and I promise you that although my fees are small in comparison to
    others... I will fight to the end and be an asset to this lawsuit.
    Please feel free to contact me ..
    Mrs. Judy Davidson
    18 Tarkenton Drive
    Humboldt, Tn. 38343
    731 267 5932
    e-mail [protected]@click1.net

9th of May, 2009

IRS Suspends Tax Practitioner for Failing To Provide Service Related to Offers in Compromise

WASHINGTON — An enrolled agent was suspended from practice before the Internal Revenue Service by the Office of Professional Responsibility on April 6 for not performing services related to offers in compromise (OIC) paid for by taxpayers.

Enrolled Agent Richard Hargus worked in California for two separate, now defunct companies that specialized in tax resolution services, which included submitting OICs to the IRS.

Multiple taxpayers paid the companies for Hargus to resolve their income tax liabilities through the OIC program. In many instances, the taxpayers either did not receive the services for which they paid or received very little assistance with resolving their tax issues.

An offer in compromise is an agreement between a taxpayer and the IRS that settles the taxpayer’s tax liabilities for less than the full amount owed. Absent special circumstances, if a taxpayer has the ability to fully pay the tax liability in a lump sum or through installment agreement payments, an offer in compromise generally will not be accepted.

Tax practitioners are subject to the regulations issued under Treasury Department Circular 230. Specifically Circular 230 provides that a practitioner must exercise due diligence in preparing or assisting in the preparation of, approving, and filing of tax returns, documents, affidavits, and other papers relating to Internal Revenue Service matters.

Following an investigation by the IRS, Hargus admitted a lack of due diligence in these taxpayers’ situations. The IRS suspended Hargus from practice for a period of time lasting at least 18 months.

The IRS is taking a closer look at tax resolution companies, and is also litigating known OIC abuses to ensure that tax professionals fulfill their legal and ethical obligations to their clients in dealing with IRS tax matters.

5th of May, 2009

Turn them in to the office of professional responsibility! Close down these scammers!!

• Tr
      4th of May, 2009

Currently going through the same problems with ADVANTAGE TAX RESOLUTION. This company defrauded me for $4, 800.00. I would like to start a class action lawsuit as well. If you were defrauded as well, please contact me at: [protected]@Yahoo.com

Kevin B.

10th of Apr, 2009

Make a complaint with the Office of Professional Responsibility. I have attached the information you need to contact them, which is also available on www.irs.gov.

The Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) At-a-Glance

Mission

The Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) establishes and enforces consistent standards of competence, integrity and conduct for tax professionals (enrolled agents, attorneys, CPAs, and other individuals and groups covered by IRS Circular 230.

Strategic Priorities

OPR supports the IRS strategy to enhance enforcement of the tax law and to ensure that attorneys, accountants and other tax practitioners adhere to professional standards and follow the law.

Headquarters

Washington, DC 20224

Phone Number: (202) 927-3397
    Fax Number: (202) 622-2207

Program Background

The Office of Professional Responsibility provides education and outreach to the tax professional community and administers the enrolled agent exam. To support the IRS' strategic priorities, OPR ensures the integrity and credibility of the American tax system by working through tax professionals and with IRS operating divisions and functions. Circular 230 changes have created a need to increase awareness among tax professionals regarding the consequences of non-compliance. This awareness, plus increased enforcement and additional legislation, should help deter non-compliance.

Business Objectives

To increase the percentage of tax professionals who do adhere to professional standards and follow the law by:

Establishing procedures to identify and address the most egregious non-compliance cases
    Strengthening partnerships with tax professionals
    Establishing and communicating standards of conduct for tax practitioners
    Establishing and maintaining a system of tax practitioner oversight
    Rejuvenating the referral process
    Publicizing actions taken to promote the integrity of the system and deter further non-compliance
    Establishing and administering a system of sanctions for tax practitioners who fail to observe standards of conduct

• Om
      8th of Apr, 2009

Add me in. I signed on with ATR in July 2007 with Mike Hill. At first they told me the fee was 5, 400 dollars which I paid. He then called me back in Februray 2008 saying that I need to pay another 5, 000 because they didn't know my debt was so large. It is now April 2009, nothing has been resolved. Interest and penalties are accruing on a daily basis and my case has been switched to 3 or 4 different people including Mike Hill, James Catipay and then Deb Neilan who mysteriously went on medical leave. I went 6 months without hearing from anyone and then find out that catipay and mike hill left the company. I filed paperwork to block the irs from placing a lien, guess what. ATR was never in contact with the IRS, so the IRS placed a lien on me. I talked to the IRS and they said ATR has not filed any paperwork with them. The IRS said that they would be able to remove my penalties if someone would have contacted them. They have never even heard of ATR. If I pay someone $11, 000 for services they have not completed, shouldn't I get a refund or at least an explanation. The IRS even told me that they should take the 11, 000 I paid ATR and give it to the IRS to help pay down my debt.. I agreed. They knew right off the bat I didn't qualify for OIC, yet they have dragged this out all the while never being in contact or filing paperwork with the IRS. Everytime I got a notice from the IRS, ATR just said forward it to us. I mailed it to them and they did nothing. The IRS said that I should sue, but I am so sick and tired of dealing with attorneys. I just want to settle my case and move on with my life.. Add me [protected]@hotmail.com.

• Fm
      6th of Apr, 2009

Add me also. I paid Tax Advantage 4800.00 to assist me and I have gotten nothing but additional issues. Paperwork faxed well in advance and still had my wages garnished. Still waiting for information and still have not recieved any calls back. I will be reporting them to the Califorina CPA assoication. They will need to answer to them.

Add me also [protected]@yahoo.com

• Qu
      23rd of Mar, 2009

They billed me $4, 200 and have a written agreement to resolve my case within 6 months and here it is 2 years later NOTHING has been resolved. They never call me for an update till I call them. Whenever I get to talk to them it seems like a new indiviual ALWAYS is handling the case. The have a setup system to stall you through a couple of years while doing nothing, never calling you back. They file a few documents to make it look good and thats it.

I filed Power of Attorney and Personal Finances 3 times. each time they tell me the reason is because the new tax attorney ( I seriously doubt that they are qualified tax attorneys). They are VERY RUDE when you challege them as to their unresponsive behavior. They try to intimidate you to take their word for it. I requested a refund of my money and was told that if I did that then they will have to charge me by the hour from the start of the case and that will be a huge amount so I should just have them continue. They have done an OIC which I know the IRS will reject. They sent me a letter saying that if the IRS rejects the OIC (offer In Compromise) to not contact them because I have exhausted my fees. I am absolutel MAD but I believe they will get what is coming to them. Madof probably thought he was getting away with his scheme but got caught, The Bile says that God is not one to mocked because whatever a man sows is what hw will reap. I am unemployed now and could use this money so essentially they a preying on people with problems which I fault the IRS because they could make the process easier on the average person and get these problems resolved without THESE THIEVES geting involved.

Add me to the law suit. [protected]@yahoo.com

20th of Feb, 2009

you say MAKE NO MISTAKE-- YOU WILL NOT BE SATSFIED WITH THE RESULTS .yes you are right I AM NOT . SO NOW DO YOU GOING TO TAKE ME TO COURT .I SAY LETS GO . AND THANK YOU I WILL BE THARE.

20th of Feb, 2009

to atr we all live on the same block ?KNOW! i dont know them and thay dont know me it is not just this page that as complaints on YOU! BBB 60 complaints go to [redacted].com as 8 and thares more i printed the bbb report when you had 6 and i did not file a complaint on bbb you are not a member the more i look the more complaints i find AS YOU SAY IN YOUR BLOG JUSTICE WILL BE SWIFT THATS THE SAME THING I WAS TOLD WHEN YOU TOOK MY MONEY THAT IS WAS A SWIFT CASE ?????

18th of Feb, 2009

ATR can call me you have my home number i called and called you and know one will call back i ask for james catipay mr.maurice and MR FRANK STINER. I faxed papers on the fax saying call me please. i have all the copys still NO CALL .TILL I FAXED A PAPER FROM GO BIG NETWORK JAMES COMPANY BIG IDEA CORPORATION. THEN I GOT A CALL WARE DID I GET THAT PAPER I TOLD YOU AND YOU SAID I WILL CALL YOU BACK THAT WAS 9/25/2007 YET IT IS 2/18/2009 STILL NO CALL BACK I KNOW THIS IS ALL TRUE WHY IAM TRYING TO HELP MY SELF TO AND WORK WITH YOU AS A TEAM THARE WAS NO TEAM YOU GOT MY MONEY

18th of Feb, 2009

all the papers you sent to the attorey general office was fake i still have them and i have my copy you had me for a how long and have a new co. OMNI thay fixed your job you did to me and stop all the happening and set me good with the IRS in 6 WEEKS YOU ARE LOSER AND I CAN GO ON AND ON !!! JUST LOOK AT MY FILE THE NANE IS PENNY DEEL IAM PUTTING IT OUT THARE IAM TELLING THE TRUTH !!! BEWARE OF THEM OMNI IS GOOD ATR SUCKS

18th of Feb, 2009

this is penny deel you know all the thing i can go and tell on my case and it will be alot more then you just said trying to look good ? people just go to the bbb and look!!! i will put my name so ATR can look up my case that JAMES CATIPAY had on me and you know the sick man that left the co. then i find hes not sick he foold you and me i gave you the proof he as is own co. he stared on GOBIG.COM i send you all the papers on this and YOU YOU ATR still did not do nothing for me never gave me a new person when he left or told me he left and when he was still thare and i tride to tell someone he doing nothing no phone call no paper wook i got copys of my file from the irs it was 2 papers for ATR thats it you put me in more deut

• Ke
      16th of Feb, 2009

I gave you your fee in full, months ago. I have questions regarding your questionare.
    I have questions regarding my 2009 filing. Thats it.
    You havent retured a single call, fax or e-mail.
    Friday the IRS stated you have never contacted them regarding our account. They suggested we make payment arrangements with them immediately.
    We did nothing wrong but want help with representation on our IRS debt...Now we paid $3600 to you and are dealing with the IRS on our own.