Advantage Tax Resolution / Took money!

1 Beverly Hills, CA, United States Review updated:

Anyone out there dealt with this company, please email me immediately. I want to start a lawsuit against them ASAP. They took $11, 000 from me with no intention of resolving my tax issue. The same stories, fake names, paperwork, etc. were thrown my way as many others have gone through, with no result at all. The have a setup system to stall you through a couple of years while doing nothing, never calling you back. They file a few documents to make it look good and thats it.
This company has bilked thousands of people of a ton of money. We need to stop them. The owners are never available because I believe they are hiding in Albania and ripping us off. Its amazing they spend our thousands of dollars to advertise on TV, expensively, to rip off more people who call them. Email me to discuss this topic at: [email protected] Make sure to note or flag about Adv. Tax on the email.
Sincerely,
John

Jo
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

2nd of Sep, 2016

Useful suggestions . Just to add my thoughts, if your company requires a IRS 14157, my colleagues encountered a template form here http://goo.gl/hmMBOE

16th of Aug, 2014

Thank you MetroTaxPro and SoldierofGod for your positive light on this thread. I really do appreciate it because this one site is not helping when clients need to do their due diligence. And to Ms. SaraSmart ... I am sure your credentials are outstanding since you are able to make negative comments about other professionals, such as myself.

My JD is from Thomas M Cooley Law School, the largest ABA Accredited Law Schools in the Country. I passed the February Michigan 2002 Bar Exam on the 1st try. I spent one entire year at Boston University School of Law's prestigious Graduate Tax Program earning my Master of Laws (LLM) in Taxation focusing specifically on tax controversy and resolution. In addition to my educational attainment, I have over a decade in tax resolution experience. I have developed tax resolution software that gives those the ability with small tax problems to resolve their tax debt on their own.

Again, to all the taxpayers who have ever been taken advantage of by other tax firms, I am truly sorry. I do hope that you were able to find resolution with the IRS.

14th of Jul, 2014

Thomas M Cooley Law School is a festering TTTT. The median LSAT score for entering students placing them in the bottom 26% of all test takers. Not suprising so many complaints. Cooley is a joke charges high loans so no wonder they have to pick up where they left off..

• Me
      7th of Jul, 2014

While performing a name search for my new business, I ran across this thread. I do not know Mr. Catipay, but during the time Advantage was in business, I interviewed an Advantage salesman named Bruce (can't recall his last name) who was looking to leave the company. I picked his brain. He mentioned how the company was "slimey" and he specifically mentioned their practice of taking money and doing nothing. As a competitor, I wanted to get as much juice on them as I could, so I researched company officers, affiliates, complaints, etc. I can honestly say that Mr. Catipay's name never came up or showed in any of the documentation I reviewed. I only respond to this stream because I am in the business and have been for over a decade. Word gets around, we typically know who the scummy people are. It concerns me that a company and/or individual can be so crucified so easily. It could be me next time or it could be you.

• So
      16th of Apr, 2014

Hello all,
    I too used to work at this company, thankfully I was only there a short time. I saw that the company was not run in a proper manner and even was sat in a office with all three owners because they had heard I had issues with how the company was being run. I am truly sorry for all the grief. I saw it from the inside how shady the business was and how they strung people along and I would not have any of it. Seeing the salesmen getting huge bonuses, Rolex's and such was saddening. When I left they straight out asked me how much they would need to pay me to get me to stay but I declined. If anyone is doing anything legal wise and needs any statements from me I would be happy to chime in on your account. I do not know if I worked there when James did, it has been years, but I do know the company tagged peoples' names on stuff they did not do. They had a few enrolled agents, lawyers and accountants which were backed by a group of other employees that processed a bunch of work and just slapped the licensed individual's name to it even if they never even saw it. Again, I do not know if James was one of the shady's or a pawn (there were plenty of both in that company).

28th of Mar, 2014

Good evening! This is James Catipay. Again, none of these accusations about me are true on the complaint's board. I have tried to contact complaint boards to remove the information on this site that are false; however, I have been informed they do not delete anything on this site.

I have zero complaints with the State Bar of Michigan where I hold my law license and I have zero complaints with the Internal Revenue Service. The reason I have zero complaints is because nothing on this site is true except for me owning a medical marijuana license legally here in the City of Los Angeles.

Please judge me on the regulatory entities that govern my licenses, not a site like this that has no merit whatsoever. If any of these allegations against me specifically were true, I would have been stripped of my law license, which is active and in good standing with the State Bar of Michigan.

• La
      15th of Nov, 2012

please take this up with James Catipay at his marijuana dispensary which is worth over two million dollars. Herbalcure marijuana dispensary is located at 11318 W Pico Blvd Los Angeles, Ca 90064. In 2009 James Catipay resided at 767 Isabel Street apt #2 LA, CA 90065. Perhaps he still lives there. He owns the building but has it in the name of Johnny Dang. I assume he does this for tax purposes. James did file a bankruptcy in Ohio before opening his marijuana dispensary.
    Dr. Anthony Catipay, James' dad, has an office at 11320 W Pico blvd in front of his son's marijuana dispensary.
    James makes a lot more than $50, 000 a year now!!!

• La
      8th of Aug, 2012

To complainants and all taxpayers: I'm a former IRS Revenue Officer and current owner of a tax firm that helps individuals and businesses resolve their IRS tax matters. The fact that there are a few bad apples in the tax relief industry is an unfortunate reality. These resources may help taxpayers faced with an unscrupulous "tax professional" :

1) Contact the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) and file a complaint. They oversee, and can sanction, Attorneys, CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Registered Tax Return Preparers (RTRP) and others. http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0, , id=175512, 00.html

2) Use IRS Form 14157 to file a written complaint against your tax return preparer. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f14157.pdf

In all cases, always search the Web in the name of the person AND company you're thinking about hiring. Websites (such as this one) provide invaluable feedback to taxpayers and expose those organizations that don't have their client's best interest in mind.

Michael Raanan, MBA, EA
    President

• Be
      7th of Aug, 2012

I am reading your posting and I am really having a hard time believing that you are innocent and that you did nothing to prevent your name for being used to victimize people. You have no idea the Hell that you put me and my family through at one of the lowest points of my life. You stated that you needed a job, that is a really poor excuse for getting your self involved in such a scam. Nothing is going to make what you and Advantage Tax did and that was mislead and steal from innocent people in the time of need. I took care of my tax issue but it certainly was not with your help or with the help of Advantage Tax. I paid 7000 towards your 50, 000 salary, money that should have been used for my family!!

4th of Aug, 2012

Mr Brisco
    I am sorry Advantage Tax Resolution took advantage of you (no pun intended). I left ATR in 2007. They were using my name. You were not dealing with me. I do hope your tax problem was resolved. Regarding your tax debt ... Pay it or set up an installment agreement unless you can show you have low income and no assets and you may qualify for a settlement.
    James

• Br
      16th of Jul, 2012

Here is the Lawer who was assigned my case with Advantage Tax Resolutions.and did absolutely nothing."James Catipay"
    Resurfaced and Selling a do it yourself "TAX RELIEF" program for $299
    What a pair this guy must have, I say we get a rope
    Have him tie it to the ceiling then go piss up it!

17th of Jun, 2012

This is James Catipay. And if your reading this post, you probably googled my name and saw this link. Well, I just saw it too on June 17, 2012. And I was sad to see it because I like good press only. Anyway, I thought I could write my own note to WHOEVER is reading this about me before you make judgement about me. Fair enough?

First to Ms Deel. I am sorry about your dealings with Advantage Tax Resolution. I left the firm early 2007. You only spoke to the salespeople. The salespeople collected your money. Your fee was probably $3, 200. I was the salaried attorney ($50, 000 per year). I needed a job when I moved here to California. I left because its tough to watch non-lawyers take advantage of desperate clients. I do not know you personally, but Advantage Tax Resolution has been using my IRS CAF license for years. But for you Ms Deel ... I am truly sorry that you got scammed along with many thousands of tax clients across the country. Many of the firms now are closed down like American Tax Relief and TaxMasters. I do hope your case has since been resolved. If not, when I start my online practice soon, I will handle your case for free if it is not resolved.

And to anyone else who was scammed by any of the these tax firms. I am truly truly sorry that you were taken advantage of during an emotional time such as dealing with the IRS. I haven't worked for a tax firm since 2007 so if you heard my name at any other firm, you weren't talking to me. Some firms have been using my CAF License. All my current clients know who I am and that I am a solo practitioner. So I am sorry if other firms have scammed you. I hope you have found competent representation. I wish there was a way for you to get your money back from these firms.

And to anyone reading this ... yes YOU! I graduated from Thomas M Cooley Law School earning my JD in 2002. I passed the Michigan Bar exam in 2002. I am an active member in good standing with the Michigan Bar. Please see this link or cut and paste it. http://michbar.org/memberdirectory/detail.cfm?PID=63876 In 2003, I graduated from Boston University School of Law's Graduate Tax Program earning my Master of Laws in Taxation LLM. I have been actively practice tax law since May 22, 2002 against the Internal Revenue Service.

In 2007 I Co-Founded Herbalcure, a Los Angeles Medical Marijuana Collective. Herbalcure has been a pillar of the West Los Angeles community. We do our best to work with our local government, residents and businesses. We have cleaned up the area with our 24 hour security. It is unfortunate I read many bad things, but please trust me...They are all lies. Herbalcure is hopefully here to stay and continue to be one of the best collectives in California. Herbalcure is in good standing as well with the State of California Go to this link http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/cbs.aspx and click corporation and type in HERBALCURE CORPORATION.

Before you make judgement, I am personally writing to defend my name and the company I help built. Everything is legal. I didn't do any harm to anyone. I am sorry you have to read all these bad things on the internet. But don't believe it all. You will know the truth soon at ... and if you have a tax problem ... come soon to www.jamescatipay.com

Thanks for at least taking the time to read what I had to say Sorry again to the tax clients out there scammed by those shady tax firms. I promise you that you never were dealing with me ...

James

6th of Jul, 2010

Everything I've read is so true, this company took Advantage, how ironic. They should be held accountable. What eve it takes count me in. I paid 3, 200.00 with two kids it's been 3 yrs and nothing at all. The IRS statements are still gaining interests with absolutely no help from Advantage Tax. If you call 661-367-2330 on their web page a recording stating this number is temp. disconnected. Oh yes please let's get those dirty B------s . email at [email protected]

• Ze
      2nd of Jul, 2010

If any one wants to serve James Catipay with legal papers he made his address at 767 Isabel Street apt #2 LA, Ca 90065 a matter of public record when James submitted papers to a court for his partner in the drug dealing business Peter Tejera who is the disgraced former president of Mepco Oil. James Catipay owns the apartment building at 767 Isabel but has it in the name of Johnny Dang in an effort to hide his assets. James Catipay filed a bankruptcy a few years ago in Ohio. Peter Tejera owes California over a half a million dollars as a result of the fraud at Mepco Oil which was a company that shorted approximately one million Californians on gas. The telephone number of the marijuana dispensary owned by James Catipay and Peter Tejera is also a matter of public record. The number is 310 312 5215. The fax number is 310 312 5203. The e mail address of James Catipay is [email protected]

Peter Tejera is a convicted woman beater as he beat a woman with a belt.
    The wife of James Catipay, Beverly Yadado Palacio claims to be the niece of Filipino executive secretary Eduardo Ermita. Perhaps you could ask him to refund your money. Beverly, although not an American citizen worked at the marijuana dispensary in a management position and sold marijuana. I don't think America needs to import drug dealers. We have plenty.

• Ze
      30th of Jun, 2010

Former tax attorney James Catipay is the minority owner of Herbalcure marijuana dispensary located at 11318 West Pico Blvd in Los Angeles. Herbalcure is valued at over $2 million. Hope you get your money back.

• Th
      27th of Jun, 2010

Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc. is owned solely by California attorney Francisco Nogales, State Bar #212819.

If you have an issue that you are unable to resolve by calling the owner directly at 661-367-2330, you can file a STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA complaint which will threaten his license to practice law. Most people fail to properly fill out the complaint, and they fail to read the instructions. Don't forget #7! Here is the link.

Good luck to you.

• Sh
      13th of Feb, 2010

count me in, same as all the other stories. $3400. i want to get these b*stards.
    [email protected]
    jerks!

• Bi
      24th of Jan, 2010

In March 2009 I retained Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc. to represent me concerning my debt to the IRS. They told me it would be a flat fee in the amount of $3, 900.00. I paid this fee via credit card. They sent me some paper work to complete, including papers authorizing them to act as my legal representative. I completed this paper work and sent it back to them.

In April 2009 they requested information concerning my situation. I provided the information they requested. In October 2010 the IRS requested some additional information and told me not to take any additional actions at that time, I would hear from them in 45 days. I provided that information to the IRS and provided a copy to Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc.

In January 2010 the IRS began to levy my income. I called and asked them what happened. I told them that I retained Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc. as my legal representative. I was told that they have the form showing that Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc. is my legal representative. I was also told that they sent a notice to Advantage in December 2010, requesting that I provide a payment plan, but Advantage Tax Resolution never responded. I told them that I never d received a copy of the notice.

I've been calling Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc. at (661) 367-2330, Ext. 1100 since January 11, 2010. I get a message asking me to leave my zip code, name and telephone number and someone will call me back in 2 to 3 days. I've left numerous messages but have not received a return call. I've also sent them a certified letter with a signature acknowledgement of receipt, requesting that they give me a call. Based on the records they have received the letter but still hasn't returned my call.

• Wh
      15th of Jan, 2010

I will send you a copy of all the documents, I have I paid these guys a pretty penny and it turned out to be a rip off and con artist deal!
    They told the IRS agent they did not represent clients but rather medigate and negotiate!

That is not what we hired them for!!!Further they told me I was speaking to the owner and I believe that not to be true. The Chamber of Commerc in their community told me they would get lots of complaints but it was not in their hand to resolve the issue.

Send me an email and I will foward all my documentation.

15th of Jan, 2010

I would like to present this case to the United States Attorney Generals Office ASAP but will need every ones cooperation by sending all pertinent documents to the listed address:

Det. M. Gaunt