Advantage Tax Resolution / Took money!

Beverly Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
2.55
Anyone out there dealt with this company, please email me immediately. I want to start a lawsuit against them ASAP. They took $11, 000 from me with no intention of resolving my tax issue. The same stories, fake names, paperwork, etc. were thrown my way as many others have gone through, with no result at all. The have a setup system to stall you through a couple of years while doing nothing, never calling you back. They file a few documents to make it look good and thats it.
This company has bilked thousands of people of a ton of money. We need to stop them. The owners are never available because I believe they are hiding in Albania and ripping us off. Its amazing they spend our thousands of dollars to advertise on TV, expensively, to rip off more people who call them. Email me to discuss this topic at: gcadvisors@wideopenwest.com Make sure to note or flag about Adv. Tax on the email.
Sincerely,
John
Jo

Comments

Ma
  23rd of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Currently going through the same problems with Advantage Tax. This company defrauded me for $3, 100.00. I would like to start a class acion lawsuit. If you were defrauded as well, please contact me at: MJG1499@0ptonline.net

Mark G.
Wh
  6th of Feb, 2009
I am now working with them now, they said it would be a flat fee of 14500.00. They recently chargeed my credit card 7500. the rest was suppose to be paid in thirty days They called two weeks later to congradulate me for sending all the documentation so soon and personal questionnaire so soon and wanted the rest of the money. I said" How can you ask me for the rest of the money if I havent sent you the business questionnaireand documents only my personal" The response was " We have everything we need we requested five years of your tax returns from IRS already and we have recieved everything already, but if you want us to wait for us to foward your file we will put everything on hold". My response was " Yes thats fine I will wait".

Later wheh I called for diffrent reason, we were trasfered to a different person hesaid his name was Jonathan and that he was also working on our case and that he needed a payment that they had recieved the rest of the ORS documentations and that their charge was 7 to 8%. I told my husband to speak him and when he took the phone my husband said wait a minute we have an agreement we were quoted a flat fee of 14, 500. Jonathon said ok if Darrin said 14, 500. thrn I will honor that.

I am presently working with them now, I do not know what to do?
St
  10th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
count me in on the suite
same story here, more or less from what is happening to you guys.
I am ready to move on this hoax
you can reach me here
stan3dfx@gmail.com
  12th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They took 3500 of my money and will not even return one phone call. I live in missouri and small claims in their jurisdiction would cost too much to proceed.
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
same thing Iam sick l have beem trying to get help I send letters to the attorney general office in ca. With know help from them Thay said thay will keep the complaint on file That was nov.6 2007 A.T.R TOOK 3700. and my bank got levyed 2500. after thay had power of attorney 16 weeks It is all the same that iam reading james catapay was my power of attorney I have so much to say and tell on my story.SO COUNT ME IN ON THE SUITE AT fishbone11@comcast.net LETS GO WITH IT IAM SICK AND PISSED!!!
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Ok, If I would give you 5, 000 dollars for a product or a service and you refuse to give me that product or service I would call the police and you would be arrested for felony theft. Why are these crooks immune to the law? They are stealing. They have had my money for months and never contacted the IRS. Now my penelties and interest as increased. In a class action can we recover the additional penelties?
Na
  13th of Feb, 2009
i have been working with this company for 4 months and have had my IRS probelm resolved. Right now they are working with the state to get that done to. so far I havent had any issues.
Ad
  16th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
To those individuals who find it necessary to blame someone, anyone or anything for their own problems rather than looking to themselves and their own conduct in relation to the circumstances they find themselves in, Advantage Tax Resolution responds as follows.

Given the fact that our business revolves around confidentiality and discretion, clearly we are unable to respond to every complaint made or any one complaint specifically, except to say that by far the vast majority of the clients who come to us for help are extremely satisfied with the results we achieve for them.

Advantage Tax Resolution is NOT a fly by night enterprise. We are extremely committed to assisting our clients. We are not, however, responsible for them, and unfortunately, no company can expect to please all of its clientele all of the time. There are some situations, the responsibility for which can ALWAYS be traced directly back to the client, in which we are simply not able to come to a satisfactory resolution of a client’s outstanding tax liabilities with the IRS or a State agency.

These situations include, but are not limited to those where a client refuses to follow our advice, provides us with false or fraudulent information to give to the IRS or the State, tries to hide information from either us, the IRS or the state, or continuously refuses to cooperate in the process by failing to comply with IRS or State imposed deadlines, and/or failing to provide information or documentation that is necessary and required in a timely matter or at all.

It is the clients that cooperate fully and HONESTLY with us and do so within the stringent time frames imposed on us that are more likely to end up with a resolution of their tax issues that they are satisfied with. Those clients that fail to provide us with honest financial information or any financial information at all, or do so only after one request after another, or who hide assets, or who lie to us or to the IRS or the State will not be rewarded with a resolution of their tax liability that they are happy with. Their case is their responsibility and they must conduct themselves accordingly or we can not and will not help.

We would never counsel a client to rearrange their assets in order to reduce or eliminate a tax liability. That is tax evasion and tax evasion is illegal and if you decide to conduct yourself in an illegal manner, we can not and will not help you and you will not be satisfied with the results.

When you fail to provide us with information or documentation required by the IRS or State within the timeline imposed by them, or if the information or documentation is clearly full of lies, omissions and instances of self serving and “creative” financing, or when you fraudulently alter documents provided to you for submission to the agency involved, we can not and will not help you and you will not be satisfied with the results.

The individuals contributing to this blog have a history of refusing to take responsibility for their own actions or, more accurately, their own INACTIONS, or for taking actions which are inappropriate and often illegal. This history of failing to take responsibility is precisely how they ended up in the situation they did. To them the fee they paid obligates us to resolve their tax issues with or without their full and honest cooperation and regardless of the legality of the methods used. Advantage Tax Resolution will never be party to such conduct. The client has paid an agreed upon fee and there is absolutely no logical reason for us to compromise or jeopardize our professional integrity by breaking the law in order to reduce that client’s tax liability.

Further, contrary to what the bloggers on this site seem to believe, the fact that a fee is paid does NOT make us miracle workers, nor does it make us keepers or caretakers for the taxpayer involved. We are limited in what we can do for any given client by the amount of cooperation and personal responsibility and commitment that client is willing to demonstrate in resolving their tax issues. We are only as good as our clients and we are not able to help those that are not willing to help themselves by participating fully, honestly and promptly in the progress of their case.

Advantage Tax Resolution has never and will never protect the interests of any client in any manner that is, or could even potentially be construed, as illegal regardless of the amount of fee paid. We work extremely hard and within the bounds of the law, unlike some of those posting their comments, for those clients that demonstrate an unequivocal willingness to work hard with us, the IRS and various State agencies toward a resolution that is beneficial to all as expeditiously as possible.

That being said, as well as demonstrated on a daily basis by our company, bloggers BEWARE! Any further statements to the contrary are simply not true and will not be tolerated. To those individuals who insist on promoting falsehoods about our company, on this site or anywhere else, be advised - justice will be swift and severe. Such statements will be perceived as slanderous and will be treated as such through the imposition of injunctions in addition to a complaint for substantial money damages based on defamation and slander. Make no mistake – you will not be satisfied with the results!

Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc.
  16th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I gave you your fee in full, months ago. I have questions regarding your questionare.
I have questions regarding my 2009 filing. Thats it.
You havent retured a single call, fax or e-mail.
Friday the IRS stated you have never contacted them regarding our account. They suggested we make payment arrangements with them immediately.
We did nothing wrong but want help with representation on our IRS debt...Now we paid $3600 to you and are dealing with the IRS on our own.
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
this is penny deel you know all the thing i can go and tell on my case and it will be alot more then you just said trying to look good ? people just go to the bbb and look!!! i will put my name so ATR can look up my case that JAMES CATIPAY had on me and you know the sick man that left the co. then i find hes not sick he foold you and me i gave you the proof he as is own co. he stared on GOBIG.COM i send you all the papers on this and YOU YOU ATR still did not do nothing for me never gave me a new person when he left or told me he left and when he was still thare and i tride to tell someone he doing nothing no phone call no paper wook i got copys of my file from the irs it was 2 papers for ATR thats it you put me in more deut
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
all the papers you sent to the attorey general office was fake i still have them and i have my copy you had me for a how long and have a new co. OMNI thay fixed your job you did to me and stop all the happening and set me good with the IRS in 6 WEEKS YOU ARE LOSER AND I CAN GO ON AND ON !!! JUST LOOK AT MY FILE THE NANE IS PENNY DEEL IAM PUTTING IT OUT THARE IAM TELLING THE TRUTH !!! BEWARE OF THEM OMNI IS GOOD ATR SUCKS
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
ATR can call me you have my home number i called and called you and know one will call back i ask for james catipay mr.maurice and MR FRANK STINER. I faxed papers on the fax saying call me please. i have all the copys still NO CALL .TILL I FAXED A PAPER FROM GO BIG NETWORK JAMES COMPANY BIG IDEA CORPORATION. THEN I GOT A CALL WARE DID I GET THAT PAPER I TOLD YOU AND YOU SAID I WILL CALL YOU BACK THAT WAS 9/25/2007 YET IT IS 2/18/2009 STILL NO CALL BACK I KNOW THIS IS ALL TRUE WHY IAM TRYING TO HELP MY SELF TO AND WORK WITH YOU AS A TEAM THARE WAS NO TEAM YOU GOT MY MONEY
  20th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
to atr we all live on the same block ?KNOW! i dont know them and thay dont know me it is not just this page that as complaints on YOU! BBB 60 complaints go to [redacted].com as 8 and thares more i printed the bbb report when you had 6 and i did not file a complaint on bbb you are not a member the more i look the more complaints i find AS YOU SAY IN YOUR BLOG JUSTICE WILL BE SWIFT THATS THE SAME THING I WAS TOLD WHEN YOU TOOK MY MONEY THAT IS WAS A SWIFT CASE ?????
  20th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
you say MAKE NO MISTAKE-- YOU WILL NOT BE SATSFIED WITH THE RESULTS .yes you are right I AM NOT . SO NOW DO YOU GOING TO TAKE ME TO COURT .I SAY LETS GO . AND THANK YOU I WILL BE THARE.
Qu
  23rd of Mar, 2009
They billed me $4, 200 and have a written agreement to resolve my case within 6 months and here it is 2 years later NOTHING has been resolved. They never call me for an update till I call them. Whenever I get to talk to them it seems like a new indiviual ALWAYS is handling the case. The have a setup system to stall you through a couple of years while doing nothing, never calling you back. They file a few documents to make it look good and thats it.

I filed Power of Attorney and Personal Finances 3 times. each time they tell me the reason is because the new tax attorney ( I seriously doubt that they are qualified tax attorneys). They are VERY RUDE when you challege them as to their unresponsive behavior. They try to intimidate you to take their word for it. I requested a refund of my money and was told that if I did that then they will have to charge me by the hour from the start of the case and that will be a huge amount so I should just have them continue. They have done an OIC which I know the IRS will reject. They sent me a letter saying that if the IRS rejects the OIC (offer In Compromise) to not contact them because I have exhausted my fees. I am absolutel MAD but I believe they will get what is coming to them. Madof probably thought he was getting away with his scheme but got caught, The Bile says that God is not one to mocked because whatever a man sows is what hw will reap. I am unemployed now and could use this money so essentially they a preying on people with problems which I fault the IRS because they could make the process easier on the average person and get these problems resolved without THESE THIEVES geting involved.

Add me to the law suit. quadjo1@yahoo.com
Fm
  6th of Apr, 2009
Add me also. I paid Tax Advantage 4800.00 to assist me and I have gotten nothing but additional issues. Paperwork faxed well in advance and still had my wages garnished. Still waiting for information and still have not recieved any calls back. I will be reporting them to the Califorina CPA assoication. They will need to answer to them.

Add me also fmc017@yahoo.com
Om
  8th of Apr, 2009
Add me in. I signed on with ATR in July 2007 with Mike Hill. At first they told me the fee was 5, 400 dollars which I paid. He then called me back in Februray 2008 saying that I need to pay another 5, 000 because they didn't know my debt was so large. It is now April 2009, nothing has been resolved. Interest and penalties are accruing on a daily basis and my case has been switched to 3 or 4 different people including Mike Hill, James Catipay and then Deb Neilan who mysteriously went on medical leave. I went 6 months without hearing from anyone and then find out that catipay and mike hill left the company. I filed paperwork to block the irs from placing a lien, guess what. ATR was never in contact with the IRS, so the IRS placed a lien on me. I talked to the IRS and they said ATR has not filed any paperwork with them. The IRS said that they would be able to remove my penalties if someone would have contacted them. They have never even heard of ATR. If I pay someone $11, 000 for services they have not completed, shouldn't I get a refund or at least an explanation. The IRS even told me that they should take the 11, 000 I paid ATR and give it to the IRS to help pay down my debt.. I agreed. They knew right off the bat I didn't qualify for OIC, yet they have dragged this out all the while never being in contact or filing paperwork with the IRS. Everytime I got a notice from the IRS, ATR just said forward it to us. I mailed it to them and they did nothing. The IRS said that I should sue, but I am so sick and tired of dealing with attorneys. I just want to settle my case and move on with my life.. Add me okhan61@hotmail.com.
Ta
  10th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Make a complaint with the Office of Professional Responsibility. I have attached the information you need to contact them, which is also available on www.irs.gov.

The Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) At-a-Glance

Mission

The Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) establishes and enforces consistent standards of competence, integrity and conduct for tax professionals (enrolled agents, attorneys, CPAs, and other individuals and groups covered by IRS Circular 230.

Strategic Priorities

OPR supports the IRS strategy to enhance enforcement of the tax law and to ensure that attorneys, accountants and other tax practitioners adhere to professional standards and follow the law.

Headquarters

Washington, DC 20224

Phone Number: (202) 927-3397
Fax Number: (202) 622-2207

Program Background

The Office of Professional Responsibility provides education and outreach to the tax professional community and administers the enrolled agent exam. To support the IRS' strategic priorities, OPR ensures the integrity and credibility of the American tax system by working through tax professionals and with IRS operating divisions and functions. Circular 230 changes have created a need to increase awareness among tax professionals regarding the consequences of non-compliance. This awareness, plus increased enforcement and additional legislation, should help deter non-compliance.

Business Objectives

To increase the percentage of tax professionals who do adhere to professional standards and follow the law by:

Establishing procedures to identify and address the most egregious non-compliance cases
Strengthening partnerships with tax professionals
Establishing and communicating standards of conduct for tax practitioners
Establishing and maintaining a system of tax practitioner oversight
Rejuvenating the referral process
Publicizing actions taken to promote the integrity of the system and deter further non-compliance
Establishing and administering a system of sanctions for tax practitioners who fail to observe standards of conduct
Tr
  4th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Currently going through the same problems with ADVANTAGE TAX RESOLUTION. This company defrauded me for $4, 800.00. I would like to start a class action lawsuit as well. If you were defrauded as well, please contact me at: Truly4You2002@Yahoo.com

Kevin B.
Ta
  5th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Turn them in to the office of professional responsibility! Close down these scammers!!