Advantage RN Travel Co / Bad business

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

I have been a travel nurse (RN) for 15 years. I signed on with this company with many promises made by them. Most travel nurses know the perks they throw in. After 5 months, I am still having to have my pay corrected because of their mistakes and (we can't help you Payroll Dept.) The problem with my housing is unbelievable! I was sent to a furnished apartment (540sq ft) VERY SMALL. Then found out the rent was $1500 a month... That came from MY pocket. I wanted to move and found a place of my own. Advantage RN said they will continue to deduct the rent even if I move out!!! The regular price for this rental is $575.00. The worst of it was trying to talk to the president of the company who is across the hall from the staff. They would lie and say he wasn't there...someone else would say he's on another line... it went on and on. This is THE WORST COMPANY I've worked for in my life. I would honestly tell all RN's to stay away from this company it's very bad business.

Comments

• Je
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I have worked for Advantage RN and they can not keep thier word that is if can get any one to call you back or email you. I can not say this enough stay away from them and if you do go with them watch ever thing they say(get it in writting) as they seem to forget what they have said

This is the worst company on the market!!!

• Ru
      30th of Sep, 2008

This is true. They are the worst I've ever worked for. They would say one thing and do another, and they don't make the mistake and let them cover your housing. You will not make any money. And oh it is hard to get to the boss. The operators hang up on you (I could hear them laughing in the background) purposefully when you call trying to get answers. Non one ever listens. Their people skill is poor. I advise you to look elsewhere for a travel company.

• Te
      16th of Jun, 2009

i can say that i have been with them for a few years now and have never had any problems. They always tell me what type of apt. i will have and sens me pics so i can look at thema dn approve. You as a nurse have the finally say. My recruiter is a doll; she is from NC and i have meet her and her office and they seem to be on the ball, if you have ever worked for them you would know you get everything in writing...

• Tl
      20th of Sep, 2010

Does anyone have a a more current review on this company- Advantage RN -- re: money issues?

• Re
      8th of Nov, 2010

I have just started with them this past week and they have been nothing but wonderful with me. My housing is great and the staff is very supportive!

• Br
      22nd of Feb, 2011

I worked for Advantage RN for 7 years in various recruiting roles. Your experience with Advantage RN is only as good as your recruiter. Each travel agency does things a little different. Each agency has many recruiters, each with different personalities. Advantage RN strives to make sure the nurses are happy, and they really do care about you and your career. I have also worked for RN Network. I feel both of these companies treat their nurses like gold. Just make sure you expectations are realistic, as well as the expectations of your recruiter are reasonable. I hope this helps.

Brandon Reynolds

• Bl
      3rd of Aug, 2011

Been a traveler for 4.5 years; this company is without a doubt the most dishonest and unprofessional I have ever worked for. I had a hospital terminiate my contract for strictly personnel issues and the company withheld my entire last check; over 65 hours worked and stiffed me. I would recommend all to stay away from these folks; they are bottom feeders and will NOT have your back when things unravel.

• Li
      2nd of Jan, 2012

I will never work for Advantage RN again. They make promises which they cannot keep, have staff that will phone and harass in a most harmful way and make several mistakes on the paychecks as well. My current pay, for a week worked overtime in the amount of six days was held due to a compliance issue that was not a problem, it was already fixed by the time it was due. However, the company deducted what they thought would be money they needed to hold "just in case there were fines for the being out of compliance". I was never out of compliance the week I worked the six twelve hour shifts and that check was to pay my rent, my bills and feed my family. The company held more than $1600 out of my check and still have not paid it. Now I cannot pay my rent or bills and cannot buy groceries. This will not be the first place I will complain, and I am filing with the state for labor relations. DO NOT TRUST OR WORK FOR ADVANTAGE RN!!! PS. Brandon, you may want to check your paychecks again...I doubt that you being the only complainer will make a difference, and the complaints are spreading. I even referred a RN to the company back when I liked them...and they were rude and unprofessional to her when she called.

• Wa
      16th of Feb, 2012

I wish I'd read this board before I'd accepted a job for this company in DC, and so far the experience of dealing with him has left me drained. I contacted a lawyer today, as of right now I'm paying 1700. a month for a rental they set up in an undesirable section of Silver Spring Md, if they mess up my pay I will have to contact the Attorney General. They are incompetent and cheats. I told the manager they were running a scam, she acted as though she was offended but it is what it is, if your scamming people then that's what your doing. So, it'll be interesting to see how this turns out, the manager gave me lip service today, I told her I was to tired to talk to her, that there isn't any point. since there isn't going to be any resolution, other than lip service. So, I've sent my contract to the lawyer who will examine it, probably dig into the companies history and we will take it from there. I've only been on the job for a week and the exhaustion and disgust has come from dealing with them and their lying antics.

19th of Oct, 2012

Thanks for the heads up... I almost signed with this company but not after reading these complaints. You don't lie to people and you NEVER mess with their money!!!

• Be
      22nd of Feb, 2013

I worked for advantage RN for 9 months. I was constantly arguing with them. My recruiter was a very nice person, but did not try to fight for her nurses. The company was recommended by a friend. The company pushed for the contract to be signed within 24 hours. In 11 years of traveling, I have never had a 24 hour deadline to sign a contract. I too called for the CEO. Was given the run around. They wouldnt even tell me his name. I was finally put into a voicemail that was not even identified as to who it was. Of course, my call was never returned. Terrible business ethic. Chaz, the manager, spoke to me in a very rude and obnoxious manner. Not sure htey realize that we nurses pay their salary. Terrible experience working for them and never again. Contract stated a holiday pay rate. Was not paid that when I worked holidays, but to appease me they offered a gift card. Cant say enough, if you are any kind of business person, do not trust this company.

• Rn
      5th of Jun, 2013

I too have been screwed by Advantage RN, they should be called Take Advantage of an RN. First time travler, they were full of so many promises. They set me up in an apartment that costs 1500 per month and take it out of my paycheck. They also held my first paycheck because i only got 8 hrs the first week of work, then told me I owed them money for rent and that they would be taking more out of the rest of my paychecks until the end of my contract. I am the least paid (hourly) of all the other travlers I work with. It makes me not want to travel again. When I told them that I would not be using them again, then they threw on the charm. They have screwed up my paychecks, their healthcare is over priced and crappy. I really could go on, my advice is to stay far away from Advantage! They will promise a lot, but find ways to cheat you!

7th of Apr, 2014

Terrible terrible experience- I was TOLD BY THE COMPANY, AND SIGNED A CONTRACT, that I was to report to work in the Boston area on the 7th of the month. I got to town from Houston TX- then they told me my license wasn't ready, but they had already told me the client has accepted me and they wanted me to start on the 7th. So, it's the 7th, my license is not ready (I did everything they told me to do as far as getting verification info to proper entities), I have no place to live, no job, no income, have spent hundreds to thousands of dollars getting here. They did not offer to help me in any way and asked me why I came to this town so early, I told them I would be here by the 4th so as to have time to learn the lay of the land. I quit an 84, 000.00 a year job AFTER THEY told me I was accepted, and would be starting work on the 7th. I AM STRANDED HERE AND THEY DON'T EVEN CARE