Advantage Marketing / Unauthorized charges

1100 Quail St, Newport Beach, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 714-7510105

This company which I have no idea what they do. Stolen my Debit Card info and Charged $55.00. I tried to call the company at [protected] to complain and they said that I have to call customer service but they didn't have a # to give me. I know they stole it because with my back it said it was used without pin, so that means all they did was use the # from the Card.

I did google this company and it is for Advantage Marketing located in Newport Beach, what they do is advertising and marketing for people who what to sell a product. Which is something I would have never done. I have also reported them to the Better Business Bureau and I am currently in the process of file a police report for FRAUD.

I will go all the way to get my money back and also make sure this company does pay for what they have done.

Ja

Comments

• La
      11th of Feb, 2009

I recently received a charge of $42 from Advantage marketing...I have no idea what this could be for! Did you find any answers to your charge back in December??

• Ha
      2nd of Jun, 2009

YOU BOUGHT A PROMOTION FOR A DAY SPA IN ORANGE COUNTY. THE COMPANY WHO HANDLES THE PROMOTION IS ADVANTAGE MARKETING WHICH IS WHY YOU SEE THERE NAME ON YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT. BEFORE YOU GO BASHING A COMPANY, MAYBE YOU SHOULD INVESTIGATE IT A LITTLE MORE.

NO FRAUD HERE, JUST A LADY WHO CANT KEEP CONTROL OF HER FINANCES.

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

• Ha
      2nd of Jun, 2009

I also had a charge from Asvantage Marketing. I called the company and they were quite helpful. It turned to be my mistake after all. The $42 they charged me was for a promotion I purchased for a reputable Day Spa.

OOOPS!

I cant believe these people didn't just call the company like I did.

• Va
      22nd of Jul, 2010

I almost did the same thing! I bought a day spa package from a local spa, but then later saw a charge for a company I have never heard of in Newport Beach. I freaked and called my bank and filed a claim. Later I looked at the back of my spa package paper and saw "Advantage Marketing" D'oh! My bad. Although I will say, maybe they should let you know that your statement will NOT show up as the spa you're going to, but their company and city. Might help prevent confusion.