advanta creditcard corp / hike interest after one missed payment

after been paying my creditcard for a year never late and always i paid more than the minimun balance, i forgot the due payment because i am 6 month pregnat and i did not feel good so i forgot, 3 days later i notice my mistake i did the payment and i sent them an email about it asking them please dont change my 2.99 % fix rate for this mistake, i has been a loyalty client and even i am in foreclousure, i could not paid my morgage since november last year i did the commitment to be responsable and paid all my cards, even knowing my credit is not good any more.
they never answer my email and then i contact them on april 29, i spoke with a customer service rep and a supervisor, i explainted my situation, they raise my interest to 24.99 %
and my last payment of 250 dolars, wich 207 where applied direct to the interest alraedy
now my payment is no fix anymore and raised to $345 which pretty much almost most of the entire amount will go to the paid the interest. i can not affort to paid the card any more under those conditions, i rather to get a deal with my morgage, they did not care, they toldme thath was the best can do and because i fail the agreetment that the result.

Ib

Comments

• De
      11th of May, 2009

That is really unfortunate. Advanta has no heart at all. But, you did agree in your credit card agreement that if you don't make your payment by the due date, you agreed they can increase your rate to the default rate, so the fault lies with you not making your payment on time. You probably don't have anything to lose now, so if it were me in the same situation, I would refuse to send them another dime till they lower the interest rate to something way lower. You'll never get your 2.99% back again though.