Advanta Credit Card / Tripling of Interest Rate

Advanta Bankcorp
I began this card with an introductory rate of 6.9%. I have never missed or been late on a payment, yet they have tried repeatedly to raise the rate on my card, which still managed to slide up to 13%, regardless of my efforts. Now, they just raised my rate to 37.18%! I kid you not. Calls to them informed me there was nothing I could do. There was a period during which I could have "opted out" of the rate hikes, but that period of time ended just prior to receiving their latest bill, of course. I will be joining any class action suit against them for their practices and cannot believe our country allows a company to perpetrate these criminal actions upon its customers.

A  26th of Jan, 2009 by
Mine went from 7.99% to 27.99%. Called...always paid more then min, never late, given the same answer as all of you. I am all for a classaction. Has someone heard of something? I tried to find them through the BBB. They have their address from the bill in PA, but it says at the east coast BBB they are registered with the Utah BBB, yet I was not able to file a complaint. Maybe somebody will have some luck with something. Please keep us posted.
Thanks so much.
A  12th of Jul, 2009 by
classaction is the way to go. the only thing these ### will understand
N  12th of Jul, 2009 by
Look up badcreditcard.org/advanta. There are over 384 complaints, so what are we going to do about it? I dont even need to tell what happened to me. You all know, so lets take action...I would recommend everyone stop paying them. I believe that by paying them, we are adding fuel to the fire. Please email me your interest in a classaction suit. If nothing else, let's hit them in the pocket book... I have had perfect credit for over 25 years, and I am not paying these criminals..jump on board. I have already spoken with my attorney about such a lawsuit. I would love to hear from you.