Advanta / Canceled my credit card

Advanta Mastercard
Advanta Mastercard has canceled my credit line as of April 21, 2009. Not because I missed payment, because I never had a balance from month to month.

Advanta Mastercard sent me an email and a letter (which I haven't received yet) stating that they have canceled my card due to my low activity. My low activity was about $500 to $3, 000 a month in charges but I always paid my balance off each month.

They have the right to do what they please with their credit lines, BUT!!! They should have given me proper notice. My wife was purchasing her contact lenses and the card was declined making her greatly embarrased at the time of her purchase.

I guess Advanta Mastercard wants SLAVES as cardholders! If you are responsible and only spend what you can pay for when the bill comes due they ABSOLUTELY HATE YOU!!!

Let's all pay off all of our bills and let these CREDIT SLAVES DIE AWAY...

A  3rd of May, 2009 by
Did the same thing to me - canceled my card because I didn't use it enough and always paid off the balance!
This hurts your credit score because it looks like they canceled you for some other reason. They should be prohibited from doing this. Suppose your mortgage lender did that - canceled your mortgage even though you paid on time - people would be out in the street.
N  11th of May, 2009 by
Advanta cancelled over 210, 000 inactive or low usage accounts last fall. It is a real shame.
A  29th of May, 2009 by
Have you tried Comdata? You should call them they can help you get another card and quickly.

Advanta Logo Advanta