Advanta Business Card / Beware

I have been reading all the comments in regard to Advanta Business Credit Cards. I am shocked to see how many people have the same scenario. It is obvious that there is a pattern. I have NEVER paid a high interest rate and ALWAYS paid on time. It is a shame that good people are being screwed by this company. Started my business in late 2006 with 0% balance transfer lifetime. 7.99% fixed on purchases. Just got my bill and it jumped to 25.08%. Same on you guys, called and got the run around and told increase due to economy. CSR said I should have received letter. Never got the letter. Please let me know who is right. I am on board to take them MF's down.

Va

More Advanta Business Card Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      16th of Sep, 2008

I am sending a complaint to the Attorney General of my state, right after I go to the bank and put the money in my account to pay these aholes off-they did the exact same thing to me, 7.99 to 25.08, NO written disclosure (even though they insist they sent one)-they need to be stopped I will never do any business with Advanta Bank.

• St
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I will also send a letter to my state Attorney General. As a card holder since 2006, I had a 7.99% rate until my last statement showed 30.08% !!! I called and was fed the same BS. They told me my rate changed due to my credit score, payment history and the economy! My credit has not changed. If anything, it improved. I have never had a late payment with Advanta. They said I received a letter showing the rate increase and had a chance to opt out. I never received this letter. After getting off the phone with Advanta, I quickly transferred my balance to another credit company. I will never do business with Advanta again!

• Ca
      16th of Oct, 2008

My letter to the Senator (Florida) !

Senator Nelson,

I wrote last week to you via email regarding your position on the CARD ACT, Credit card reform proposed by Senator Chris Dodd, not the bail out. I agree with your position on the bail out and support it.

Chris Dodd proposed the CARD ACT 2008 which regulates credit card companies’ ability to charge excessive interest rates, high fees, Prevents issuers from changing the terms of a credit card contract for the length of the card agreement (ban on unilateral changes to card agreements); Apply Interest Rate Increases Only to Future Debt, Prohibit Interest on Fees, Prevents credit card issuers from increasing interest rates on cardholders in good standing for reasons unrelated to the cardholder’s behavior with respect to that card (universal default ban);Require Prompt and Fair Crediting of Cardholder Payments

ADVANTA CORP credit card raised my interest rate from 7.99% FIXED to 26.31%. When I called to find out why my interest had gone up so drastically they blamed it on the ECONOMY. I closed this account immediately. What is worse is that there is no law to prevent the credit card companies from doing this to us (the consumer). ADVANTA and other credit cards do not consider consumers that have MODERATE interest rates and pay on time PROFITABLE. The mortgage crisis is carrying over to the credit cards, and credit card companies are increasing our interest rates substantially to "squeeze" as much money as possible from us to make a PROFIT. Credit Cards are taking advantage of the financial crisis we are facing and the deregulation that exists in the financial market to raise interest rates. ADVANTA is a business credit card and their increase in interest rates is contributing to individuals and small businesses filing for bankruptcy and leaving others drowning in debt. Credit Cards increase in interest rates is hurting the ECONOMY tremendously; people are unable to pay down their debts with these high interest rates placing ADVANTA and other credit card companies in a predicament where people are not going to be able to make their minimum payments. The middle and low class are going to be paying more FEES for defaulting on their payments. People will be paying more money to the credit card companies and will have more debt instead of less because all the money is going to pay the high interest rates and not the principal. People will be left with less spending money, slowing down the already hurting economy.

This practice is unjust and unethical and their should be laws to protect consumers from this kind of abuse.

Do you support the CARD ACT? Is there a better Credit Card Reform in your opinion? How can I effectively support a legislation that aims to reform credit card industry abuses?

I understand the CARD Act is not the solution to all the problems with credit cards but I believe it to be a step in the right direction.

Another Credit Card Reform Proposed by Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney

Thank you.

Additional information:
    I paid half of my ADVANTA debt and transferred the rest to Capital One at a 0% interest rate for 12 months at a cost of 3% one time fee.

I hope this link helps. (Be cautious in playing the credit card game)

We are less than 30 days away from elections. And our VOTE is our most powerful tool right now. Take the time to visit each candidate’s website to learn the issues that affect us and let’s fight back with our vote! Only one candidate addressed Predatory Credit Card Practices.

Vote for the candidate that will PROTECT us from these predatory lenders!!! Also, contact your Senator.

Best of luck to all of you, and I hope you all find a way out of your high interest rates.

• Ni
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I am in the same boat-have been round and round with Advanta and am getting no where. I never recieved the letter and the jacked my interest rate to 36%-they said nothing they can due to lower rate. I have closed the account but still have a balance-always paid on time and more tha triple the min due.

This company needs to be exposed and by the sounds of it based on what I have read thats where they are headed.

Has anyone contacted Dave Ramsey(Fox Business) to try and gain some media attention to this practice?

Thanks