Advanta bank / Loan Sharks

1 Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

I also was scammed by Advanta's Loan Shark tatics for credit cards. Wish I would have found this site before I ever got involved with this bunch of crooks!!! I also got a low 2.99% credit card transfer to pay off another card for a nominal fee. I also have excellent credit ratings and am never late on a payment. As everyone else here my Dec bill showed I was now a high risk and my new "life of the loan rate is now 32.08%%%%%%%%%%. I contacted the Pa atty general and filed a complaint. My response was this

Please be advised that your complaint involving a National Bank should be directed to the Comptroller of the Currency. You can reach them at 1.800.613.6743 or at their website www.occ.treas.gov.

I went to the web site today and filled out the proper forms. I faxed it in today and hope to hear from them soon.

EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF BY ADVANTA NEEDS TO DO THE SAME. sEND YOUR COMPLAINT The Comptroller of the Currency. You can reach them at 1.800.613.6743 or at their website www.occ.treas.gov. LET US MAKE SURE THE OFFICE IS FLOODED WITH OUR COMPLAINTS SO NOBODY ELSE FALLS FOR THIS SCAM!!!

Mi

Comments

• De
      10th of Feb, 2009

Your actually better of to file a complaint with the FDIC and also with the Utah BBB. I am working with attorney Alan Finkel in Commack, NY to try and get some class action lawsuits filed against Advanta. We are slowly making some progress. If your interested in participating, e-mail me at [email protected]

• De
      10th of Feb, 2009

Attorney Scott Feldman in Doylestown, PA has successfully sued Advanta last fall for 1 client and was able to recover over $2, 000 in excess interest charges and $800 in attorney fees in small claims court in Philadelphia.