Advanta Bank Corp. / Rip off

1 PO Box 30715Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-705-7255

I get this notice in the mail telling me of the change to my account. How the heck can you possibly digest soo many changes in lawyer lingo outlined in 6 point type? I had a respond by date and if i don't respond, which i didn't, it means i accept the changes. Whats up with that? I had $13, 000.00 credit limit and only $6100.00 used. I pay on time. They kept raising my limit too. Telling me how much they value me. How is this an accepted practice by Consumer Affairs and the Consumer Protection Agency? What about Fed Regulators?

It so wrong for them to be able to do this. My feeling is they are firing me as a customer. Do not fall for the 7.99% intro rate. Do not get a Advanta mastercard. Use a reputable company if you do not want to have to go through this classic consumer bully tactic.

Va

Comments

• Da
      16th of Sep, 2008

Wow you are so right, I just got off the phone with Advanta and basically they raised my rate from 7.99 to 25% with out any reason what so ever. Don't get this credit card or they can go up to 40% interest. Rip Off

• Su
      25th of Sep, 2008

No worries, I have contacted every complaint organization, business bureaus, even Senator Clinton's office as we are in NY. This must stop, with such a poor economy, failing businesses like Freddie Mac and others, this interest rate must be regulated. The reason my sister, who told me about Advanta, and I are so disgusted is that this is a "Bait&Switch" scheme! They pulled us in, transfered our credit at 0% for the year, offered 7.9% on future charges and then one year later, when the transfers became eligble for interest, they jerked the rate to 21% on both of us. Let's be really clear, we were always on time, NEVER late, paid more than our minimums and have a mid 700 score on our personal reports. There is no reason to force a penalty on us, or on a poor individual who loast their job, is struggling each month ony to pay interest at 24%...I hope these complaints are being heard!

• La
      23rd of Oct, 2008

yeah well, i dont even have an advanta card and they just took 15.00 out of my bank account!!!

• Ti
      19th of Nov, 2008

Well it look like were all in the same boat here. What do we do because they raised my intrest rate to 36% 36% 36%. I was trying to ask them to lower my rates but No so you know what i did STOP MAKING PAYMENTS ALTOGETHER. Then they send me something in the mail saying that they will help me out now. HAHAHA i'll just wait my 7yrs and that will be just that. Good luck you guys

• J
      21st of Nov, 2008

ADVANTA BANK IS CRIMINAL AT BEST! You are SOOOOO right. I am in the process of filing complaints to ANYONE AND EVERYONE. This is SOOOO wrong - no wonder the country is in such trouble. These ###s should be imprisoned! I got the same low intro rate, didn't read my fine-print letter - then realized they'd jacked me up to over 37%!!! No missed or late payments, nothing. When I called to ask about it they said they could lower it to 32% for me and acted like that was something special! PLEASE PLEASE - WE NEED TO BAND TOGETHER TO STOP THESE MANIACS! IF YOU ARE NOT YET THEIR VICTIM RUN RUN RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM THEM AS YOU CAN!!!

• Ad
      2nd of Nov, 2009

i got a message from 180 that i won #1, 000, ooo in the october random draw and i should visit extracool.com