Advanced Wellness Research/Teeth Whitening / account charged $69.99

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6789530213

I purchased a 'sample' of a teeth whitening product at a cost of $6.99 The terms indicated that I had 60 days to decline to receive the products on an auto ship basis. It has been less than 30 days and they have debited by account of $69.99. Oh, by the way - I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE PRODUCT!!! When I called them to complain, I got an indian speaking gentleman named 'Shawn' who refused to let me speak with a supervisor and offered me a $40. credit. When I explained that I wanted the full amount credited to my account he insisted that I should have read the terms. I explaned that the terms indicated 60 days and they had debited my account in less than 30 days and that I had not received the product. I pleaded to please let me speak with the supervisor he told me the supervisor was too busy.
I will send a letter to their company president and whomever else I can. And we wonder why our country is in the shape its in...its because we have allowed these types of shady companies to take advantage of our trust!

Ta

Comments

• Li
      31st of Mar, 2009

I am going through the same situation. I also spoke to a similar gentleman named Richard who told me I could not speak to a manager for ten hours. I had called the day before and they had told me I could not speak to a manager then and I would have to call back later.

• Ga
      1st of Apr, 2009

Same exact thing happened to me.

Most frustrated experience. Is there not anything we can do to get a reimbursement??

• Km
      4th of Apr, 2009

I fell victim to this company and also South Beach Smile because I read some lady's blog about her experience. I guess that is part of the scam.
    I ordered a free-trial for $6.95. I did not receive the product until 7 days into the trial period, it hurt my teeth, and NOWHERE in the confirmation email or packaging or even the order form online did it say anything about an automatic $79.99 charge to my credit card. All they could do was lecture me on reading the terms and conditions, if the question I asked didn't fall into their scripted response, they just rattled on and didn't even address my issue. Well I had to go to my dentist yesterday and he advised me to discontinue use of the product because it made my teeth hurt. I also noticed the charge on my account dated Monday 3/30/09. That is when it posted, so it was initiated AT LEAST 2-3 days prior, on the 27th or 28th, which means I really only had 7 days to test the product before they charged me. I ordered on 3/13/09, received 3/20/09 and was most likely charged on Friday 3/27/09.
    SO, here is my plan:
    I am going to submit a complaint to the BBB. I suggest anyone who has been scammed by this company, or others like Advanced Wellness, do so also.
    I have also consulting an attorney. I know this is not a huge amount of money, but these companies are banking on the fact that no one will actually DO anything about it. The charge to my debit card overdrew my account, so I have overdraft charges to contend with as well. What they are doing is false advertising at the very least, fraudulent and possibly criminal. If anyone reading this would be open to participating in a group lawsuit (the term class-action has NOT been thrown around yet) or would like to help at all with information only, please let me know. teethwhiteningscam at yahoo dot com. I am collecting information to present to my attorney so he can decide if this is worth pursuing. No personally identifying information is required at this point.
    I have had it with these companies ripping us off, forcing us to deal with foreign customer service reps that either don't speak english well or clearly are only reading from a script and have no idea how to actually serve customers.
    My last step is to contact a local news agency that does reports on injustices and scams that target regular people. If I can’t reach the worls, I’ll reach a large portion of Southern California.
    My voice will be heard, darn it. This has really made me angry and I want to do something about it!

• Le
      7th of Apr, 2009

I had a similar situation occur. I ordered my product on 3/23...did not receive it until 4/1, called on 4/6 to state I was dissatisfied with the product and calling to return the product, was instructed to call back the next day due to errors in their system...then had a very unexpected charge debited for $78.93 the very next day. I called and was told they could not stop the charge since it was initiated that day cause my trial period had expired. I was instructed to call back the next day and they would refund part of it ($40). I requested that they forward me to their supervisor, the man (Alex) stated that he was the superior and refused to transfer me to his supervisor, their billing dept, etc. I called back and again spoke with Alex who after I gave him the order number began stating that there was some error in their phones and that he couldn't hear me and to call back when their systems were better preferably on the next day. I called back and used a different option spoke with a woman who stated that they could cancel my order but would not refund my money to me that they were charging. I then asked her "so you're charging me $78 for nothing??!!" to which she responded that the money they were charging was paying for the product that I received from my 14-day free trial...a little vial that I had paid for in good faith that I was paying the shipping and handling to try the product not get raped with a $78 charge on my account and had they listened and actually cancelled my order like I was trying to do prior to my period being up, this would not have happened.

I read up on this, am filing a Federal Regulation E form with my bank as I was under the impression that it was a 14-day trial period. I attempted to contact the company and let them know that the product was hurting my teeth...was told to call back the next day and that someone would be there to help me. I was not aware or made aware of the $78 charge nor was I informed that this was pending as I'm sure they could tell on their screens in front of them. I intend to also file a complaint with the BBB and with any other outlets. This is a scam and the company running this should be stopped.

• Do
      12th of Apr, 2009

I also had a similar situation. I ordered the product on 3/21 as a result of a woman's testimony about how wonderful the product was. Nowhere on th site where I ordered the product was there any indication of a 14 day free trial. A few days after receiving the order, I called to cancel because the package indicates that if you have periodontal disease not to use it. The first time I called, Shawn just kept asking me for more information. When I told them I was not giving them more information, he told me that he couldn't cancel the order unless I gave him the information. When I requested to speak with a manager, I was told that unless I gave them the information, there was nothing they could do to help me including transfer me to a manager. I hung up and called back. The second time, I could here two men discussing something in the background before they came on the phone. I could not hear what they were saying. When they did come on the phone, I was told that the free trial was not cancelled within the free trial period and my card was charged for $79.99 on April 6. After trying to persuade them to give me a refund, the gentleman told me that they could only refund $40 of the $79.99 charge to my credit card. When I requested that the full amount be returned, I was told that I should have cancelled within the 14 days. He went on to tell me that a lot of folks order as many as 5 free trials and then call to cancel within 2 days and they get a lot of product for free. To that, I responded "so I have to pay for what other people are doing". His response was "it is just business."

• Dr
      25th of Apr, 2009

Boy, the silver lining of this is knowing that I am not alone. I got the same blog from a lady about her amazing experiences with this company's product and the same Indian accent speaking C/S rep from Advance Wellness named Eric (or Erid). I have disputed to my bank and stopped all future charges.

The other scam to look out for is EASY WHITE that was said to work best with the Advanced Wellness product in the blog message. Their C/S rep was tough on defending the company's position and doesn't even offer partial refund.

4th of May, 2009

I just got off the phone with "Marvin" at Advanced Wellness and was told the same identical thing! They work from a script, and are told NOT to let us talk to the manager. My call was my second. I had cancelled last week with Rick and was told my acct would be credited and the order cancelled! Not only was my card charged AGAIN but I received more product. When I explained this to "Marvin" he told me no my acct was not credited, that I accepted the product, and only the second shipment would be credited. Again, the script... "I can only offer you a $50 credit you did not cancel in time..." I will be watching my credit very closely and if I do not get the credits I was told I would, I will be filing a complaint with the BBB and anyone else who cares to listen.

I suggest anyone who has "ordered" from these guys do the same!

God Bless America!

• So
      20th of May, 2009

I am going through the same situation i was charged $78.93 for the sample and $89.93 for another shipment that i have not recieved. I called and they did not give me a chance to speak when i told them i want a full refund they are such thieves and i do now why we keep sucking up to them.

• Lo
      20th of May, 2009

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISSED WITH THESE [censored]S/SCAMMERS whatever you want to call them..All i can write is that everything that everyone else has written...the same happened to me...Someone please let me know what i can do...to stop these ###ERS from doing to this to more decent people..Being a Brit i will NOT apologise for my language on here...and just like Sophi (when i called my UK credit card to put a stop on any future charges) i was told by someone at my bank that 2 payments of $83.92 and $78.93 had been taken within 2 weeks of each other...I WILL BE DISBUITING THESE CHARGES WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TOMORROW...I was fuming so i called the company again...demanded to speak with a supervisor...after being on hold Arron Walter who said he was the supervisor came to the phone..When i told him what had happened he tried to tell me it was my fault etc...then i pointed out to him that i'd found this website with 100's of dissatisfied customers and i was going to report there ethics to the BBB he started to tell me that myself and the other 100's of pissed off people were all at fault for not reading the small print...I was spiting feathers at this point and then i proceeded to "rip him a new one"...he eventually told me he would refund $60.00 to my account...LETS SEE IF THAT HAPPENS...and i told him if everything ever appears on my account from them again...THEY WILL BE REALLY ###ING SORRY...

I'm still going to distbute all these charges...AND PLEASE ANYONE AND EVERYONE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO STOP THESE ###!!!...

Lorna...

• Ad
      22nd of May, 2009

I have had the same problem with this company, except they charged me $4.99 for the trial sample, than a few days later charged me $78.93 four times on my credit card, i didn`t rec. the product i also spoke with several people who spoke bad english which i couldn`t understand they wouldn`t let me speak to a supervisor. I called my credit card company and reported the problem, they said not to pay as i didn`t rec. the merchandise and if it should be shipped refuse it and cancelled my credit card for a new one. Your credit card co. will help you people if you report it, imagine being charged 4 times for a product i didn`t recieve, i didn`t even have a chance to try the free trial before they charged me all these charges, this is a bad company. Betty

• St
      24th of May, 2009

I Cannot Believe this, I saw this trial offer posted on AOL. I didn't see read the terms and conditions. HA!!! They charged me the 83 Dollars. I called them the same day i checked my mail box and recieved another set of whitener. They said they would credit me $30.00 and charge me for another month of supply for $13. So i did that, now next month they said i can cancel. we'll c about that. At least my teeth will be white

• Ki
      20th of Jul, 2009

I, too, have been taken. Same old stories...Only, they charged my cc for 2 charges of $78.93. I called several times and finally they refubded 1 of the 2 charges, charged on the same day, even after cancelling my order. I'm working with my bank to try to help me contest the charges. What an ordeal...