Advanced Wellness Research Inc / Pure Acai Berry / Charged full price

Advertised as a 14 day trial for $5.95. I was billed $78 after only 7 days and can not get any English speaking customer service rep to cancel my orders and return the money to my account.
Fraudulent Company should be shut down and sent to jail. My last purchase over the internet.

Comments

• La
      12th of Jan, 2009

I ordered the Acai Berry product 2nd day air and paid the $14.99 for faster delivery. When called to check on my shipment after the 3rd day they said give it one more day the next day when I didn't come again I called and got the same run around. Finally after 5 days it arrived regurlar mail. I called the following Monday and tried to request a credit for the postage not being 2nd day air and ended up on hold for a long time and when I did get a represetative he did not speak very good english. After telling him what I wanted he said he had a bad telephone and to call back in 1/2 hour.
    I immediatly hung up and canceled the card I used to purchase the product so that they could not charge any additional to my account.
    Upon calling back and just trying to cancel the order I spent 15 -20 min on the phone before getting completley angray and telling them to cancel my d_ _ n order and give me a confirmation #. I had to pay to ship the product back!

• Ka
      22nd of Jan, 2009

This company after I found out it would be 80.00 after 14 days I said NO I don't want it .. don't charge my card and don't send it... well they charged my card and sent it. I called to cancel yesterday and they told me to send it back (at my expense) and they would cancel it... I am totally pissed. I told them at least 4 times DO NOT CHARGE MY CARD DO NOT SEND IT. They need to be shut down!!! They broke the law by charging my card when I told them not to repeatedly

• Wh
      9th of Feb, 2009

THESE PEOPLE ARE TERRIBLE!!! BE AWARE!!! THEY WILL CHARGE YOU $78.81 AND SERIOUSLY NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH. THE GUY I SPOKE TO TOLD ME HIS NAME WAS JEREMY WHITE BUT HE HAD A STRAIGHT UP INDIAN ACCENT AND I WOULD KNOW BECAUSE I AM INDIAN!!! I NEVER DID GET MY PRODUCT. HE TOLD ME I WAS GOING TO GET IT BUT HE'LL GIVE ME A REFUND FOR $78.81 AND GAVE ME A CONFIRMATION NUMBER. BUT HE WON'T TAKE OFF THE SHIPPING CHARGE AND HIS EXACT WORDS WERE " MA'AM YOU ARE GETTING THE PRODUCT, IT'S IN THE MAIL, I AM GIVING YOU A REFUND SO YOUR GETTING A FREE PRODUCT AND SO SHIPPING WILL NOT BE TAKEN OFF!!!" WHAT???? SERIOUSLY? THEY ARE CRAZY!!! I WILL HAVE TO CHECK AND LOOK AT MY ACCOUNT IN A WEEK TO SEE IF MY CHARGES WILL BE TAKEN OFF, IF NOT I WILL BE ON THEIR A**ES!!!

1st of Apr, 2009

PLEASE== I canceled the order befor the trial perid as it broke out my skin like rosy coller. but a new bottle came in 3 days later. I called about this, a charged was put on my credit card for $78.81 plus the trial charge of$4.99, they said for me to send it back .I did this, but another bottle came this was sent back. I paid the P O now on my new credit bill there is a new charge of$83.80 plus another international fee of.84cents but I never get a refund 78 81 and 83 80 is a lot of money for me as I live on social secureity onlyplease help me before I go to the states attorny's office.sincerly betty withnell number 6871 [3-10-09]

1st of Apr, 2009

please answer my last letter please please

1st of Apr, 2009

sorry for you== i'm sending this off to states attoring office in the morning march 5th. betty withnell

• Ka
      1st of Apr, 2009

This company sells everything from teeth whitening to grant success kits. It was originally founded by Depak Pujari an official of the Indian government. Their company it supposedly in Florida but is actually somewhere in India, hence the reason you will be charged an out of country transfer fee. Unfortunately because they are out of the country they will claim that a lot of our laws do not apply. The best solution is to talk to your bank about the refund. Most will refund your money in full I made a claim with my bank and they refunded my money and are performing a lawsuit this is the best solution.

6th of May, 2009

I ordered Pure Acai Berry from Advanced Wellness Research. That day the advertised price was only $1.99. The next day they called saying my credit card number did not come through on the Internet. I argued with them, and after many assurances that this was really Advanced Wellness, I reluctantly gave them my number
    Big mistake! I called the company and they assured me that the call was legitimately from their company. The next day the company called telling me I would be charged $72.00 for the product if I did not cancel in 14 days. I cancelled in 10 days, but they charged my credit card with two charges of $78.18 on top of the two charges for $1.99. Then before I received the credit card statement, I received another bottle of the product with a charge of $83.80 on the bill. I called immediately and they denied having a record of my cancellation by phone. However, since I had had a bad reaction to the product, they in good faith cancelled any more product and refunded my money from my credit card. When I called about the other two charges of $78.80, they said their system does not permit refunds! This definitely appears to be a fraudulent company.