advanced wellness research inc. / Forced to pay to cancel free trial

United States, Idaho, Nampa Review updated:
Advanced Wellness Research Inc.
#3 - 17th Ave South, Nampa, ID 83561
Phone: 1-866-964-1011
I saw an ad online for a free trial of the "Bright Teeth Whitening System" which says that all you need to may for is the shipping and handling. I read through the entire terms of use and contract to make sure that there was no way they could charge me anything above the $4.99 shipping charge if I cancel within 14 days. The first problem that occurred was that they charged me $6.99 instead of $4.99 for shipping...not a huge deal just misleading. I received the product on March 6, 2009. I decided to call the cancel the free trial on March 7, 2009. When I called, they said that I would have to pay close to $100 for returning before exactly 14 days. They also said I would have to return everything I used. Then they offered to let me keep everything I used and cancel as long as I paid a $9.95 fee and then my contract would be cancelled. The contract did not say anything about this fee and I tried to argue but the guy was from another country and it seemed like he was intentionally speaking quickly so that I couldn't understand him. I got frustrated and said said fine but I don't think I need to pay this but I just needed to get off the phone.

I looked the company up online and found countless people complaining about the same issues and saying that they had been charged huge amounts of money and that the company actually operates illegally, claiming that they are in Florida but in fact the company is overseas and is not authorized to do business in the US. They also said that even though they were given cancellation numbers (like I was) they they still keep getting charges. I am upset about the $9.95 and worried that I am going to get charged money in the future. All of the other people complaining said that they were never able to get their money back and I am very worried. It seems like this company should not be in operation and should be investigated thoroughly.

A  24th of Mar, 2009 by
Very upset, I understand why these people are also. Companies like these should be raided. They are scammers and will not prosper due to the fact of how deceitful they are. The employees know they are lying to customers. They'd better get out of these forsaken hellish positions before they are destroyed by reputation and spiritual default. I hate companies like these, I hate it, hate it hate it, stop taking advantage of people, because one day yours is coming, when and how we do not know but just know God don't like ugly.
A  24th of Mar, 2009 by
The exact same thing has happened to me. I wrote them today expecting to get a phone call within a few hours as their website states in the billing section. I guess becasue when I emailed them I told them I will never do business with them again and they better not take money out of my acct again etc. I wanted to see too if they would call me as many times as they did when I initially placed the order a few days ago. Nope, not a phone call. All the foreign speaking people they had calling me trying to get verification on this and that not a one has called me back today. They are absolute scammers and should not be allowed to take advantage of innocent people. I was told too that all I had to pay for was shipping fees of $4.99 then down to $1.99 well they charged me $6.99 then immediately took out another $69.99. If I could get a hold to one of their fingers I would be as bad as they are because I would try my best to break it and knock their teeth out. Devils of this nature should not exist, or if they do only with their own kind. Not speaking of the fact that they are foreigners but just the utter ignorance of people desiring to get over on other people. Be honest employees, don't scam people. You heart people when you misrepresent. You're nasty ********@@@@@@@@###########%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%.

Advanced Wellness Research Logo Advanced Wellness Research