Advanced Wellness Research Inc. Bright Teeth Whitening System / Canceling my Trial and getting RMA

Advanced Wellness Research Inc.
#3 - 17th Avenue South
Phone: 18669641011
I have called numerous times trying to get a RMA to return my free trial that I no longer want and every time I do I am put on hold for about 5 minutes then they hang up on me. there is no way to e-mail them to get the RMA and they do not answer the phone to give it to me. In order to cancel my trial they have to give me the RMA and if i do not get it by the time the trial is up I will have to pay for the full price of the product that i do not even want anymore. The syringes are too messy and hard to use.

N  20th of Feb, 2009 by
Keep calling and ask for a supervisor. We did call and cancel and they still charged us 23.95 + 69.99. If you dont get a resolution from them contact your credit card company and they will dispute it for you and reverse the charge. They are a complete ripoff!!!
N  8th of Mar, 2009 by
I was also ripped off.
I saw an ad online for a free trial of the "Bright Teeth Whitening System" which says that all you need to may for is the shipping and handling. I read through the entire terms of use and contract to make sure that there was no way they could charge me anything above the $4.99 shipping charge if I cancel within 14 days. The first problem that occurred was that they charged me $6.99 instead of $4.99 for shipping...not a huge deal just misleading. I received the product on March 6, 2009. I decided to call the cancel the free trial on March 7, 2009. When I called, they said that I would have to pay close to $100 for returning before exactly 14 days. They also said I would have to return everything I used. Then they offered to let me keep everything I used and cancel as long as I paid a $9.95 fee and then my contract would be cancelled. The contract did not say anything about this fee and I tried to argue but the guy was from another country and it seemed like he was intentionally speaking quickly so that I couldn't understand him. I got frustrated and said said fine but I don't think I need to pay this but I just needed to get off the phone. I looked the company up online and found countless people complaining about the same issues and saying that they had been charged huge amounts of money and that the company actually operates illegally, claiming that they are in Florida but in fact the company is overseas and is NOT authorized to do business in the US. They also said that even though they were given cancellation numbers (like I was) they they still keep getting charges. I am upset about the $9.95 and worried that I am going to get charged money in the future. All of the other people complaining said that they were never able to get their money back and I am very worried. It seems like this company should not be in operation and should be investigated thoroughly.
A  17th of Mar, 2009 by
Not good when you google 'advanced wellness research RMA' to find if you can get one from the site and get consumer complaint sites instead! I had the same issues as you all. I think they have their phones set so if you hit option 1 ( to cancel a program with them) that it takes you nowhere. I called back and worked my way thru the options till I got a human. She hesitated when I said I was calling to cancel, then verified my info and asked if she could put me on hold. I told her it'd better be quick as I'd seen lots of complaints of this company putting people on hold for long periods of time or never coming back. All this time I'm picturing someone in her house acting like she's a company, putting me on hold to check on dinner, go potty or let her dog out! She came back and said it was set, after about 2 mins of terrible music. She never offered an RMA, just said it was cancelled. I asked for the number--she said "your cancellation number?"..I said "yes" and she gave me this real long number of letters and numbers. I asked about returning it. She said I don't need to return anything, I can keep it, and there would be no further charges. This remains to be seen. Hope it's the end of it. I used my Paypal debit with existing funds, but if they try to charge me it will go into negative. Not sure how easy it is to work with paypal on a dispute that is NON-ebay..sigh...
A  20th of Mar, 2009 by
I never even ordered a sample or anything-never even heard of the company, and had a $69.99 charge on my card. I called Visa to reverse the charge and cancel the card.
A  20th of Mar, 2009 by
I had the same problems as everyone else! I tried the so called, "free trial"... paid $6.99 instead of $4.99 for shipping... I cancelled the free trial, was given a confirmation number, then was charged the exact same day for $69.99!! When I called to dispute the charge they said they would return the amount and to call the next morning if it had not been refunded. It was not refunded. I called back and was told they could only refund $60.00, not the FULL amount!! When I threatened to speak to a supervisor and repeated my previous cancellation number, then I was told I could get the full amount back. Then they told me it would take 3 to 5 days to receive the refund!! I'm about to call my credit card company now...
A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by
The same thing happened to me----what a SCAM! I learned my lesson the hard way! Am trying to get the charges reversed through my bank/credit card company. This company should be put out of business or reported to the District Attorney's office!
N  6th of May, 2009 by
SCAM SCAM SCAM! Con and rip-off artist. I paid via internet on my charge card, the $4.99 shp. fee for a free trial of teeth whitening product. I DID NOT ask for more, nor did I click on anything to keep it coming in future. A few days later, I noticed I was charged $78.93 four times on the same day- to my credit card for a product I DID NOT ORDER, and all at one time! This speaks a lot in itself. It was not even spaced out monthly! I did get to my bank in time, to stop payment on the charges pending, and to close my card out.
They DO NOT answer their phone number they give you, and it is just a recording that keeps repeating itself, even after giving you numbers to press to speak to someone, to order, or to cancel.
AND - if you decide to cancel orders you may have made, they are NOT going to be answering you phone calls, so you might as well close your credit card out.

If it is an out of country operation, then contact the FBI also.
A  10th of Jun, 2009 by
SCAM I ordered a FREE TRIAL offer for their teeth whitening system, only paying shipping of $4.99. FINE print states that if dissatisfied cancel within 14 days. If you do not they will first then charge you $78.93 which is the difference of the regular price of $83.92 & the $4.99 you already paid. SO WHERE IS THE FREE PART? Also they actomatically start sending you & charging you monthly with no returns. Do to family health & work issues I haven't even had time to try the product but there customer service and diffiniton of FREE is terrible. The 2nd box of stuff I wanted to return they told me they will not take back any product but would credit my charge card a whole $40.00!! They charged my card for the FREE TRIAL & the next months shipment total 167.84 pretty expensive way to learn a lesson.

Advanced Wellness Research Logo Advanced Wellness Research