Advanced Wellness Research Center - Acai Berry / Charged my credit card for product I didn,t order and product I didn't receive.

1 Miami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-503-Well

My daughter ordered this product in November 2008, and it was received shortly thereafter. About 3 weeks later another bottle was delivered. When my credit card bill came in I was charged $4.99 on 11/12/2008 and $78.81 on 11/26/08. My daughter called to try to get a refund and to send back the second shipment, the gentleman she spoke to asked her for the order # which was not on the credit card bill or the envelope the bottle was in. He told her he couldn't do anything for her, since she was not in their database. I then tried to remedy the situation. I spoke to a woman with a very thick Indian accent. She could not find my order by my address, my phone# or my daughter's cell phone#. She asked me for my daughter's email address, which I didn't have. She suggested I call back with that information, since there was no other way of finding the order in their system. I called the next day and explained the whole story to another person with a thick Indian accent, this time a male. He could not find us in their database. I asked how they could be charging my credit card if I was not in their database. He told me I must be giving him the wrong information, I then asked to speak to a supervisor. He became loud and even more rude than he had been during our conversation. I was told to go online to file a complaint, which I did and received no reply. I called my credit card company and lodged a complaint. It is now in dispute resolution. I will have an outcome in 30 days. I hope no one else gets sucked into this scam. I wonder if Oprah and Rachel Ray know what's going on with this product, since the company advertises that they endorse this product.

Comments

Sr
  19th of Feb, 2009

I had a similar incident w/ this company, just today (2-19-09)..
I got hooked for $79.81 plus a $ .63, Visa foreign handling fee...after a long dialogue w/ an Indian man named "Andrew"...he agreed I would get $70.00 in refund ...We shall see, meanwhile I will call my bank and stop all transactions, hopefully...
The references to your above celebrities also gave me a sense of trust...I guess we have to beware of such endorsements...anyone can type in anything...

Fi
  21st of Jul, 2009

same company scammed me for a teeth whiteneing kit.
orderd the trial and then they kept sending me more product - wouldnt let me return it.. charging my credit card 83 dollars per month.
Do not order from this company.. the worst customer service ever encountered.. Robots in India answer the phone. Just ridiculous.