Advanced Wellness Research / acai berry overcharging

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT WHAT A SCAM!!!
I followed the online directions for the free trial of acai berry 500. I agreed to the s&h charges of 4.99. I was then told that if I wished to continue receiving this product my card would then be charged 78.16 per month. It was the same day that my free trial was orderded that they in turn charged me the 78. 16 twice and are saying that now I owe them a total of $157.00 and some change. What a joke, when I call to get my refund no one answers the customer service #, you are told to leave a message and emails are never returned it is a neverending nightmare. I hope to recoupe my costs. for now I have a headache

Jo

Comments

5th of Dec, 2008

Unfortunately I ordered this today and then found all of the complaints .
    Well after I read all the complaints, I tried calling the three numbers I have and they all have the voice
    Of an Indian woman on the recording. Press1 for order Press2 for cancellation. Etc…..

I tried both just for the hell of it and if you press 1 it tells you to go to the website to reorder. Yeah sure go figure. No one wants to take responsibility. I guess they got hip to the complaints and everyone pressing 1 just to get a human voice.

My only consolation is that I did not use my debit card through my bank. I was then I erased it and said no I better not. So I Used my Mastercard. I went online to check my account. They have not charged me yet. I had gotten the special of $1.99 shipping, which pops up if you try to leave the website. then they will charge me $78.81 after 14 days. I am going to notify my credit card company and close it and get a new card. I cant believe how they do business. You would think that you would want to make money if you have a good product. They have the nerve to put Oprah and Rachael Ray on the site. I ordered my Pure Acai Berry Pro from this site.
    www.trypureacaiberry.net

I then called back again to see what option 2 got me. Of course you get classical music then another recorded womans’ voice to leave a message.
    Evidently they have many sites and many products. Disguising their treachery.

I wish I had looked harder before I purchased. I really wanted to try it. I am going to Oprah’s site to see if she recommends anything. Buyer beware. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. IF IT SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE... YEAH YEAH. IT IS!!! I WISH I TOOK MY OWN ADVICE FIRST... THEY JUST PREY ON THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF THE OVERWEIGHT

• Al
      5th of Dec, 2008

I have been going through the worst experience of my life. They are a total fraud and scam. Because of how they work, and they have done to me what all of you have gone through, they now have my cell phone number, my home phone number, my address, and my debit card number.

I canceled my debit card immediately after I found that they had charged me $78.81 after not returning 10 emails and 10 phone calls. I made sure to email them both personally when they responded, and to copy that email and send it to them on their website. I also wrote them letters about the subject but neglected to include a tracking number. I sent it to both the supposed "headquarters" listed on the site (thank you to the woman on this board who provided the street address) and to the place on the "invoice" or mailing receipt that was provided. In case you didn't get one of these, the address is:

Advanced Wellness Research Inc.
    #3 -17th Ave South
    Nampa, ID 83651

1-877-523-0188

It was right after I ordered it that a page then popped up listing illnesses that people have who SHOULD NOT take it. This was after I already gave them all the information. I called and for the ONLY time spoke to someone who ordered me to wait to receive the product and only then, within 14 days, could I cancel my order. Well, the order took nearly ONE MONTH to reach me. Therefore, I could not cancel my order within 14 days and they charged as of Dec. 1st $78.81 to my debit card.

I immediately called my bank, alerted the fraud department to get it into my account's notes, and closed the card. I told them I would send legal documentation including a copy of the invoice, all of the emails, copies of the cancellation letters I wrote them and sent to both addresses.

The bank's fraud department said that I could not yet file a claim (!!!) because they had sent the product I requested, even though they did not send it within the free trial period. Therefore, I had to wait for them to send me ANOTHER shipment and then I would return it and file the complaint with the bank's backing. However, if I do anything now, they can in return file a claim against me and the bank, costing us both.

I have called three numbers they have provided and they are not working numbers, all busy, or just voice mail.

I am now making copies of EVERYTHING. Their reasoning in not canceling my future shipments is that I did not receive the product yet. BUT, I have the shipping statement dated 11/25/08, and they emailed me that I had not received the product as of 12/2/08. But by then, I had had it for at least a few days.

I am using UPS and making copies of everything 3x and printing out every communication with them and sending it to their headquarters stating that I want to cancel all future shipments from them and that I am contacting them this way because I could not get a response from the phone, the website, or any other way. The UPS shipment will have a tracking number. I can prove that I have sent them these documents.

By the way, they at first said that I could cancel or slow shipment intervals by going to an account. To create an account, I had to enter my email and then they shipped me a password. I tried at least 8 times over 4 days to enter an "account" using their "password." It never worked. It said "invalid email address or invalid password." Obviously, it was the password that was invalid because they were communicating with me via email!!! They then started to say it wasn't working because I hadn't received the product yet. But I have that shipping invoice.

ADVICE: Cancel your credit card or debit card. Send them all documentation in a dispute via UPS and make sure you have the tracking number. Contact your bank to put a red flag for fraud on them.

HELP! Besides the Better Business Bureau, how can we stop them? Any ideas?

8th of Dec, 2008

Hi All,

I posted a complaint based on my experience; but the CEO responded to me immediately. The website and call center was having a technical difficulty, though no excuse he was sincerely apologetic and has refunded the fees and did so immediately. This was truly just one of those IT glitches and he is sincerely apologetic. Please go here to cancel and or obtain the information you need to get things straightened out.

I would delete my complaint or amend it but I can't figure out how. So I am posting a new one. Not to complain, but to say that this Company is not a scam. Other companies out there are scamming, but Advanced Wellness Research Inc. is not one of them.

Advanced Wellness Research Inc. has made good on the promise to me and anyone I have forwarded them to.

CEO Nick Molina

nick@advancedwellnessresearch.com

9th of Dec, 2008

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND SOMETHING !!!

Advanced Wellness Research is not the only company out there selling acai berry other sites you may have ordered from are

Advanced Wellness Research does not sell ACAI BERRY 500

This person mentions Acai Berry 500. We don’t sell Acai Berry 500 – that is another company. How is that for unfair scrutiny?

Before you post make sure you are infact dealing with advanced wellness research it shows up on your Credit Card statement as such if it is not then you are committing slander by posting it is this company that charged you. BE SURE WHO YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT!!!

9th of Dec, 2008

Shannon,

Thanks for your post. I wanted to share something that is happening with you. There are other companies out there not fulfilling their orders. People are going to the marketing pages where they placed their orders… pages like this.. (http://www.beckysweightloss.com/ or http://www.aubreysdietblog.com/?sub=y1-a )

These pages are owned by marketers who sell us traffic. Well, they change the referral links to different acai companies throughout the day. So somebody that visited that marketing site, bought something and is unhappy, will sometimes go right back there, follow the link (which now may come to us instead of the company they originally bought from) and end up calling us.

I can tell you that about 15 – 20% of the calls we take are for people that never ordered from us. Here is an example -- https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/acai-berry-overcharging-c131952.html

You will also see that many of these companies hide their identity. We don’t! We face our customers without hiding… even when we’re wrong.

I do appreciate your defense of us. We haven’t been perfect, but we always do the right thing in the end.

P.S. You may post this email online if you wish.

• Su
      25th of Feb, 2009

I had the same bad experience, paid $4.99, then read small print saying would be charged $72.00 after 14 days, paid with my debit, so I had to cancel my debit card.
    Called the 800 number 3 times and emailed them with no results.

• La
      6th of Apr, 2009

I have been scammed by this company too! I called and cancelled the product after I saw they had charged my debit card $78.81. I got a confirmation number and was told that I would be recieving a refund of the total amount, 3/26/09. I called back today, 04/6/09, angry that I had not yet received the refund and was informed by a woman who could barely speak English that it was against company policy to issue refunds. When asked to speak with her supervisor I was placed on hold only to be told that her supervisor was in a meeting. I am going to file a complaint with my bank to see if they can try to get this money back, but what a ripoff. I totally called within their cancellation period, but was denied. DON'T ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.

• Ta
      7th of Apr, 2009

I also ordered the $1.99 trial. Less than 30 days later, I received a call from my Credit Card company about possible fraudulent charges on my account. When I checked it out, the charges are from Advanced Wellness Research for $83.80. I did NOT place an order for additional product. I also got an e-mail from Advanced Wellness Research confirming my order. I e-mailed them back & said I did not place an order & they should cancel it & take my name off of their list as I will not do business with a company like them. They sent a return e-mail to call their Customer service number to cancel any furture orders and told me to have a nice day. ###! Thank God the credit card company cancelled my card. If I ever hear anything from Advanced Wellness Research again, I WILL tell them where to go!

• Pa
      24th of Apr, 2009

I ordered a free trial of Acai berry Pure from Advanced Wellness Reasearch center and paid 4.99 dollars with my credit card. I took 2 pills and was not sure I was feeling uncomfortable so I stopped taking but to my surprise, the next month shipping was mailed to me by charging around 79 dollars on my credit card. They refused me to return my money of 79.00 back. I do not want this product as I didnt even use my free trial bottle. What do i do now? Is there a fine pront that I didnt read which says that after ordering the free trial, I need to call and cancel otherwise, they keep sending the product and charging me for it every month? This is rediculous.