Advanced Services Hot Tubs/ Spa / BUYER BEWARE Isaiah Burns Sells Junk Hot Tub/ Spa in Duncanville, TX

1 122 W. Fairmeadows Dr.Duncanville, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 214-293-2380

BUYER BEWARE Isaiah Burns Sells Junk Hot Tub/ Spa
Duncanville
USUALLY SELLS ON CRAIGSLIST.COM!
Isaiah Burns of Advanced Service1 is selling hot tubs/ spas & advertising them as "Like New" or "Refurbished" & "With Warranty" but the tub I bought does not work. After several calls, which now he will not answer or return, he has still not replaced, repaired or refunded my money. PLEASE, do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY FROM THIS INDIVIDUAL OR YOU'LL GET TAKEN LIKE I DID. My lawyer has already served him papers & I will go forward with this lawsuit, against Isaiah Burns of Advanced Services, until it is resolved.
Here is Isaiah's contact information so you can avoid wasting your money: [protected] or isaiah@advancedservice1.com or IsaiahBurns@speedyspadelivery.com

Comments

• Mo
      22nd of May, 2012

Could you please contact me or give me some information about how to contact you? I have some questions to ask you about this. I just bought a hot tub and it was supposed to be less than five years old and when we got it, it was 12 years old.Not only that, but it has a lot of issues underneath the tub. I am planning on taking this to small claims court if it is not resolved.

• Br
      11th of Jun, 2013

Did you get your issue with the hot tub resolved? I was curious as we were going to buy a hot tub from him. Thanks.

7th of Jul, 2013

I BOUGHT A USED HOT TUB FROM ISAIAH ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND HE WAS TO FIX SOME ITEMS ON IT. HAS NOT FIXED ANYTHING AND NOW I CAN'T GET A HOLD OF HIM. I BELIEVE HE IS JUST A LAZY PERSON OUT TO CHEAT THE PUBLIC AND THE LAW NEEDS TO STEP IN AND DO SOMETHING. SOME OF US ARE HANDICAPPED AND CAN'T DO ALL THE RUNNING AROUND TO CHASE HIM DOWN.
    IS THIS HOW WE TREAT OUR DISABLED VETS
    JULY 7 2013

• Ys
      8th of Aug, 2013

I wish I would have seen this website before I bought from him. The hot tub was delivered but does not work. He does not return phone call and when you do get him on the phone all he does is lie and can't even keep his lies straight. The hot tubs are not at all refurbished. They are junk. Stay away

8th of Aug, 2013

I ALSO BOUGHT FROM ISAIAH AND HE IS SLOW SOMETIMES GETTING TO GET THINGS DONE BUT HE DID COME OUT TO MY HOUSE(HIS REPAIR PEOPLE) AND FIXED IT ALL AND WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL. I AGAIN REALLY LIKE MY HOT TUB. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HIM GO TO HIS BUSINESS AND TALK TO HIM.

• Fe
      21st of Nov, 2013

We also had the same problem as everyone else on here. We bought a hot tub at the beginning of September 2013, and as of todays date, 11/21/13, it is not useable. They have been out 3 or 4 times to "fix" issues, but they never test the hot tub before they leave, so we end up calling them back the next day to repair the same things we originally complained about. We are done dealing with this shady business that sells trash and are going to ask for our money back. If we don't get that, it will be attorney action for us.

21st of Nov, 2013

YEA HE DOESN'T SHOW UP TO FIX THE HOT TUBS. I FOUND ANOTHER GUY AND HE IS REAL GOOD BUT I HAD TO SPEND SOME MONEY TO GET MINE FIXED. ALSO ADVANCED IS IN LANCASTER NOT DUNCANVILLE

• Sc
      17th of Dec, 2013

Absolute CON ARTIST. Avoid if you have any common sense at all. The "business" is in a junkyard. The hot tubs are all scattered and torn up. The "refurbished" hot tub he sold me was broken. I didn't think after reading this board that I'd be one of the unlucky who got burned, but apparently EVERYONE who deals with him gets burned.

Told him there was missing parts on the hot run, and he tried to convince me that that's the way it was supposed to be. Said tub wasn't working, never returned my calls or my texts.
    SOB couldn't even tell me what make and model the hot tub was.
    Apparently he doesn't even buy these tubs, he picks up FREE scrap tubs on Craigslist and adds a little paint and some glue to make them look "ok".

Please please please, don't do business with him. Once you see the shop you'll understand it ScReAms bad idea! Wish I had gone with common sense instead of jump at what I thought was a great bargain tub !

17th of Dec, 2013

ANYONE WHO NEEDS A HOT TUB CHECKED OUT ESPECIALLY THE ONES FROM ADVANCED CONTACT ME I KNOW OF A REAL GOOD REPAIRMAN IN THE FORT WORTH AREA.

• Sc
      27th of Dec, 2013

Bought an Aires spa from which turned out to be very old. Had to replace spa pack after his warranty and recently had to replace the circ pump. I called him to do the work.. he charged me $220 for a $100 pump and when I insisted he replace it he came out took out the pump and never came back... so he committed a $330 theft. I will be contacting Lancaster PD.

• Ca
      31st of Jan, 2014

I just gave away a very decent hot tub today to Isiaiah. I hope he does someone good with a full reburb as my hot tub had some leaks and I didn't have the expertise or want to spend the money on repairs. He came promptly and hauled it away for free. His workers were courteous and humorous. I hope someone gets to enjoy as many years out of the hot tub as I did. Good luck in your business pursuits with this company.

1st of Feb, 2014

SOME PEOPLE ARE LUCKY AND SOME PEOPLE ARE REALLY SCREWED BY ADVANCED. I WAS LUCKY BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE AREN'T. THEY DO DO SOME SODDY WORK BUT ARE REALLY POLITE TO YOU.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE LIKE THEM JUST TREAT EVERYONE RIGHT YOU WILL EVENTUALLY END UP MAKING MORE MONEY AND HAPPY CUSTOMERS

12th of Jun, 2015

My husband and I are retired and on a limited income. We spent most all of our tax refund to purchase a hot tub from Advanced Services and from day one they have not kept their promises. Tub was not delivered on time and had multiple issues when it was finally delivered. Leaks, electrical probs, circuit board not working and one of the pump was not working at all. They tell lies about why they can't get here, delivery truck was in an accident, out of town and grandmother died. Come on. We have placed hundreds of calls to them is the 3+ month time span since they took all our money and they do not return calls or their voice mailbox is full - probably with other customers complaining. I am going to get an attorney and sue them for a full return of our money plus interest as well as attorneys fees. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE SHYSTERS!!!

• Jj
      15th of Feb, 2018

I purchased what was supposed to be a refurbished hot tub from this company on 9/7/17. The tub had a damaged cabinet and the spa pack wasn't working properly, so they were supposed to replace it with the a new one that was identical to the one that originally came with the unit from Balboa. I discussed at length with David Burns about my expectations for the cabinet repair. I even used an adjacent hot tub as an example and asked if the repairs would look "perfect" like the cabinet next to mine. He assured me that my cabinet would look identical to the one next to it. There were also some marks and gouges on the acrylic that he assured me would look like new when they were finished.

They were two weeks late on delivery and delivered it without replacing the spa pack and without any repairs to the acrylic. The cabinet had been painted, but the repairs to the cabinet looked like something a two year old would do by using staples to hold slats in place. It's no wonder that they lost two of the exterior slats in transit. The delivery guys tossed it around and banged it into position like a bale of hay. They told me that the Balboa spa pack hadn't come in yet and that they would bring it out and install it when it arrived. They also said someone would come out and replace the missing panels. Later, upon setup, I noticed that the filter that they simply threw in the bottom of the tub wasn't even close to being the right one.

The tub would not heat the water due to the spa pack being defective. The water pump controls wouldn't work correctly either. After multiple calls and six weeks after I had purchased my hot tub, I finally got them to come out and replace the spa pack. They did nothing to the cabinet, but assured me that they would send someone out to repair it. They also, said that they would send out the correct filter.

As of this date, I have made multiple calls (probably 25) and multiple texts to David Burns to correct these other issues. When he makes the mistake of answering his phone, he makes empty promises that are NEVER fulfilled. When I text or leave a message, there is no response whatsoever.

This company is a complete scam. Check out their listing on Better Business Bureau (bbb.com), please read all of the Reviews and the Complaints (in a different area from the reviews) before doing business with this company. All of the stories are very similar, in addition to them having an "F" rating from the BBB.

• Hb
      12th of Jun, 2018

Same scenario with us - has anyone successfully sued them?

• Fu
      19th of Jul, 2018

@HBT This has been a nightmare! We bought a "refurbished" hot tub from Advanced Services Hot Tubs in May, waited weeks for it to be delivered. While waiting, we called asking what the hold up was. Ordering parts was the answer. After not returning calls we drove up there..assurance that parts were coming . Hot tub arrived..leaks, main pump out (no cord even attached) parts that were supposed to be ordered weren't even there. Weeks later still no repairs! Latest excuses: I've been out of the country" 'waiting on parts" Its July now...we could have just thrown 2 thousand + out the window. Stuck with a big box..should fill it with sand. How this guy can live with himself and stay in business beats me. Criminal..scammer..low life!

• Hb
      2nd of Aug, 2018

@Furious16 I have contacted NBC 5 - if you would like to be a part of the complaint please email me: hmboylesftw@gmail.com ASAP

20th of Jul, 2018

I am having the same issues. It’s been 4 months and my spa still does not work. I am filing a small claims suit but need to know the other guys name, David something. Does anyone know? Any other addressed besides the shop on I35?

• Lo
      13th of Dec, 2018

@Christy Tull I am also having getting in contact with them. Bought a tub 4 months ago and they have not yet got back with me on the parts still needed for the tub. He also sold me a extended warranty. They are totally a rip off.