Advanced Cleanse / charge of $149.95

I was taken in by the Acai and Advanced Cleanse scam on the internet. I ordered these "free trials" with good faith. Well, that has gone down the tubes. On the same charge card bill where the $.99 for the free trial of Advanced Cleanse was charged there was a $149.95 charge for the bottle I received. I called the company and like so many other complaints, you could not understand what the people were saying (English, please!), they kept repeating the same thing over and over, that I had signed up for this, and had not cancelled within the 10 day grace period, etc. There was no website or number to go to in any of the papers and/or product I received in the mail, and the first contact information I had was when I received my bill. I was given an emai site to cancel my program (no phone number available) and the next thing I knew I had a return email saying I still owed the money. I could not speak to a manager at any of these numbers - the managers were not taking calls - and reached no satisfaction at all. These companies I am sure are raking it in at the ignorance of their customers. I am taking them to the Better Business Bureau. They may not be able to do anything, but at least the complaint will be there. All of us should do so. What a scam!!!

Bh

Comments

• Su
      3rd of Mar, 2010

this company is a total and complete scam!!! i ordered this product and nowhere did it say that the 14 day trial was from the day you order it, so they took extra long to send the product only to have to look at my credit card statement to find out that they charged me $149.99!!! so i called them and the first time i call they tell me to call back because their system was down, i spent that whole day trying to get in contact with them!! i call again the next day and the operator tells me I KNEW it was a 14 day trial and that i would be charged $149.99 membership fee, so i told her to cancel it and refund my money and she said they cannot refund my money because it SPECIFICALLY says on their website that this fee is non-refundable!!! i double checked the site and nowhere does it say that it is non-refundable so i asked to speak to a manager and she gave me an e-mail address to request a refund. but of course i recieved and automated response that said my request has been denied. i emailed whoever it was and told them if they do not refund my money i will contact a lawyer and will be filing a complaint with the BBB. i just dont understand how they can justify keeping a membership fee if you cancel your account and ARE NOT A MEMBER??!!! it just doesnt make any sense!!! but i can bet you this...I WILL BE GETTING MY MONEY BACK, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!! so if anyone out there is planning to file a lawsuit please let me know!!

11th of Mar, 2010

You are correct in your assessment. This is a scam. Nowhere did it say that this was a membership fee. I have been charged on my account for 169.95 as well. I emailed a request for a refund, and I know that it will not happen.I agree, theBBB should be notified about this.

• Cs
      12th of Mar, 2010

I work for Advanced Cleanse. I'm sorry that you are unsatisfied with our product. Please feel free to contact our customer support center by email or our toll free number at support@tryadvancedcleanse.com, Monday – Friday 9:00AM - 9:00 PM EST and Saturday 9:00AM – 5:00PM EST. We suggest email for a faster response. We will be happy to answer any questions or solve any issue that you may have.

• Ks
      12th of Mar, 2010

Enado Media, LLC
    1521 Action Road, #842
    Miami Beach, FL 33139
    Contact: Dash, Kevin
    Phone: (877) 651-2112

Here are some of the DBA's

Blackbelt Profit system is a dba of Enado Media LLC (Kevin Dash):
    * The Black Belt Profit System

List of who to contact:
    Florida Attorney General
    Federal trade commission
    Look for the square that says file a complaint
    Flordia BBB
    IC3
    Don’t forget your states Attorney General as well If you are outside Florida.

• Xi
      14th of Mar, 2010

We need get our money back. How they could get away from stealing money like this.

• Ne
      6th of Aug, 2011

I too was taken by the 2 week trial. I received the product 11 days after placing the order and my credit card was charged exactly on MORNING of the 14th day, even though I had placed the order in the EVENING. Even tried contacting my credit card company but due to the very very fine print at the very bottom of the web page I was refused a refund. Even after cancelling any outstanding orders I was charged again for 2nd shipment which I immediately retuirned and there after cancelled my credit card and had a new one issued to prevent further charges.