Advance Wellness Research / FREE Teeth Whitening Kit

1 GA, United States Review updated:

I too was sucked into believing that "FREE" trial kit meant that it was free except for shipping. I was WRONG. I checked my pending holds in my checking account and discovered that this company had process a charge for 98.93. I immedately called and canceled. I was told that my monies would be credited back to my account in 3 to 5 days so I will keep calling until it is returned. The product? Well it didnt even work and it especially didnt work 78.93 dolllars worth!!! I have tried other whitening kits and have had success but not with this one. I guess that is why they have to TRICK you into trying the product because there are not enough GOOD results for the company to stand on.

Kk

Comments

• Pe
      1st of Dec, 2008
    Odessa
    Florida
    Phone: 813-380-3821

I ordered the free sample paid the 4.99 wasnt awear of the aoutomatic charge that would take place. I havent even open my sample yet to see if I like it. I was charged like 74.00 aprox and never received any other bottles nor do i want them. I thought it was like 50. any ways. trying to get a refund and they can have thier sample back un opened .

• Je
      4th of Dec, 2008
    Dracut
    Massachusetts
    Phone: 978-455-9866

I thought is was just a sample and I paid for shipping only and now I get a large shipment and cant reach them to stop any further shipments or get info on returning shipment that was sent Phone number changed and now it tells you to leave a message as their mail box is full

• De
      20th of Dec, 2008
    Advance Wellness Research - Fraud/no refund
    Virginia

I tried to call several times before the 14 day trail date was up. Left several messages and no return phone call. Then I started to email. I did receive a response but they told me I need to call and cancel the membership. After emailing back indicating that I tried and left messages. I contiune to call the 800# again and finally got throough. This time there was a different voice with differnent prompts and finally someone answered. I spoke with Andre and he said he would give me a credit of $60.00 and I should see that in 5-7 business days and cancel the membership. I ask for an email confirmation and he said he wasn't able to. I then again email customer service to confirm the refund. I could never receive a firm ansswer. Just robotic responses. I then called 5 busness days later since no credit was applied yet to my card. The customer service rep said yes I see the credit was issued and to call back in a couple of days if still not posted on my card. In the meantime I have been emaling and have not recieved an answer. Also the website keeps changing before you could login and check your account, now you can't. We I just called customer service again and this 8 business days and Glen the Rep said the memebrship was not cancel and saw that the $60.00 was suppose to be credited but wasn't. He said he went ahead and issued a $78.81 credit and that should hit my card in 14 days and he cancel the membership. I ask for an email confirmation and he said I should recieve something. All I recieve was the my order was unkown. He said that is what it says when it is cancelled. So hopefully I will see a credit in 14 days otherwise I will contact the bank to dispute the charges to get a full refund. But this has been a month since this started and still not resolved and reading the other complaints not sure if will be. They need to be stopped!

• Ge
      28th of Dec, 2008
    Miami Beach
    Florida

Paid for trial offer of appr. $ 5.00 and was billed two weks later for $ 80.- Appr. Gerhard Veith

• Gl
      14th of Jan, 2009
    Tennessee

I ordered the trial sample.. on Dec11. It didnt come for a month on Jan 10... well beyond the 14 day agreement for canceling. I have been charged not only the 4.99 for the trail sample, but 78.81 on Dec 26, 2009 and 83.30 on Jan 9, 2009. I try to reach them by phone, the autosystem answers but then am cut off. Do NOT order from this company!!!

• Da
      9th of Feb, 2009
    Phone: 1-866-484-2851
    advanewellnessresearch.com

Tried contacting company since last Saturday and cannot cancel product, its causing hives and itchey scin on the back, neck, hair and legs. Must be soemthing in the product

• Su
      11th of Feb, 2009
    Advance Wellness Research - try for free scam just pay shipping was billed 78.81

went on line to try free offer was told all i would have to pay was 4.95 for shipping, my account was charged the 4.95 plus an additional78.81 a week later.when i called the number on my bank statement they hung up on me we i called back and told them that their web site had'nt mentioned that this was only a trial they said everything was right there. it was'nt. there was no mention at all that this was a sale for 78.81.!!! I SENT AN E-MAIL TO CALIFORNIA'S STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, S OFFICE AND FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THEM.AND SUSPENDED MY ATM CARD.

• Bi
      14th of Feb, 2009
    advancedwellnessresearch.com

This company was only suppose to bill me $4.99 for shipping. I found out they are planning on billing me an additional $78 for my 'free' sample. I called and told them to cancel. They claimed they would cancel any additional shipments but I would still be charged the $78. This company is a scam and a rip off. Do not buy from them. I regret I fell for their scheme.

• Jg
      18th of Feb, 2009

I called the phone number (advance wellness.com) to cancel any further shipments and after waiting on the line for over 30 minutes listening to very annoying music, I told them I wanted to cancel any further shipments. I did not tell them once, I had to repeat it a couple of times and then asked for a cancellation number...which I was finally given. Also...while I was waiting, I filled out the "contact us" on their website and asked to cancel my order...after about 15 minutes, they answered my call. I think that helped because my phone number was given.
    Try to call 1-866-964-1011 again. I guess I will know in a couple of weeks if this worked.

• Co
      19th of Feb, 2009

I have tried to cnx 13x since 2/3/09 I paid just the free trial. Canceled my card and order new card. No mor money out of me. Someone called today and said she was sending next shipment. I said don't bother you will not be paid. If the ship I am sending certified mail back to shipping address and keeping receipt.

• As
      20th of Feb, 2009

Company advertises a free (pay only for shipping) 15 day trial sample of their product then bills you $78 for the trial 14 days after it is shipped.

The company does not (did not) include any paper work or information stating that you have to reject the sample within 14 days of ordering or you will be charged $78 for the sample and will be sent a months supply for another $78. You are billed against the the credit card you used to pay for the shipping.

When the $78 bill appears on your credit card and you call to cancel or reject the order. you are told you are too late because you didn't cancel within 14 days of the original order date so you owe the entire $78 for the sample, and they will only cancel future orders.

If you complain loudly and threaten to report their deceptive business practices, they offer to give you the sample for $18 and credit the $60 toward future shipments at $18 per month.

Finally after enough firm protests and threats, they agree to refund $60 but you are charged $18 for the free sample. and if you are to late to stop the shipment of the next months order, you will be charged to even return it.

VERY deceptive business practices!!

• My
      20th of Feb, 2009

I also agree. The persons who are in the Customer care center acted as if they do not understand you and really give you the run around. I called the 1-866-964-1011 and was told I would receive my refund in 3-5 days. I will be looking for it and if I don't have it, I will turn it over to my lawyer. I am not playing with this Company.

• Tr
      24th of Feb, 2009

I just went through the same things with this company. I called and was told that it was stated on their website that it is a 14 day trial. I was told they were unable to refund any of my $87.81 because they cannot take back the product. I told them I will contact the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint againt them. At that point I was told by the customer service rep. that he'll take it upon himself to refund $60.00, but that is the most their accounting department would authorize.
    Advance Wellness Research provides no disclosure/information with the bottle of pills they ship out. They make it extremely difficult to get any issues resolved.
    I will definately not be doing business with them or any entity that is affiliated with them!

• Vi
      25th of Feb, 2009
    Advance Wellness Research - not refunding my money
    viki golightly
    116 LANIER AVENUE
    West Columbia
    South Carolina
    Phone: 8039554505

I sent off for the free trial product for the cost of shipping. Then checking my banka account they were taking out money I didnt authorize them to.
    When I called they told me it would be refunded to immediately it wasnt. I call again and this time I receive an email from Sandra Brown saying both payments would be refunded. One transaction has been refunded but the one from december has not yet been refunded. I have calledeseveral times asking to talk to Sandra Brown and they say they cant reach her there are so many people working there she cant be found.
    I just want my money back from them from december. I feel like this is illegal somehow using this womans name and not being able to reach her.

• Sh
      26th of Feb, 2009

Please avoid this company if all possible, unless you want your bank account run into the ground, and you like the rudest customer service agents on the planet. Once you agree to pay the shipping, the company then makes charges of up to $80, and when you want to complain you have to speak to a foreign man in a strange land, who refuses to cancel and or refund your money. You will have to close your account, and file a claim, so please, PLEASE do not use this company, PERIOD!

• Gl
      26th of Feb, 2009
    Advance Wellness Research - Unauthorise charged

I was wrong about this company being true to their word about not being charged $78.81 after I had called to cancel my trial period within the 15 days limit. I had to call a second time to try and get my credit back. We will see if they are true to their word about my refund.

• Jm
      2nd of Mar, 2009

They keep charging my account every week for unauthorized products. Totaling almost $500.00. Every time I call, they say service is down call back. EXTREMELY UPSET! DO NOT USE WEBSITE.

• Su
      4th of Mar, 2009

I am being charge Advance Wellness research for their Pure Acai Berry product that i didn't order. I just saw in my creditcard account that i received 3 billings from them. How could stop being billed and refund to me the payments I made. I didn't even received the product they charge me.

4th of Mar, 2009
    Advance Wellness Research - Acai Berry

Buyer beware, if you miss the 15 day trail period my one day or one hour you will be chareged the 78.84. Plus they will not let you complain about the product and have one one to talk to about the product. Please don't be stupid like me!!!

• Ad
      7th of Mar, 2009

Complete Scam this trial period. I cancelled within my timeperiod and I was charged the full $78.71 even before I got my product! I called and freaked out they said they will refund me after trying to talk me into keeping it at a fraction of the price. He told me I would be refunded and a week later still haven't been. Called today and this time I got an email confirmation saying my credit card will be credited back within 4-5days and shows me the amount. Hopefully this time being my 3rd time I will have my money back. Stay away from them!