Advance Telecom / Scam!

My computer error messaged me that it could not find Macromedia Flash. I googled and located Advance Telecom Inc. as a provider for this software. I paid $49.90 USD as payment for this software. All that I received in return was an acknowledgment by e-mail that my payment was processed. I received no instructions for downloading or installation.

I believe that I have been duped by an internet scam.

Va

Comments

• Av
      22nd of Mar, 2008

Advance Telecom Inc. better come through there going up against some gaints over the Internet purchase agreements. Just give us what we pay for or get out of here. This is serious and if your business interfearing with the process get out of here. Now fix it. I not giving you any of my buiness if you don't come through, so lets see some results.

I ordered AVG anti-virus online and recived the Trail edition which is free and you took 69.14 USD paid to you by my PAY PAL account.

Advance Telecom Inc. where is the License # and the Product.

• Da
      4th of Apr, 2008

Identical with £35+ being paid to Advanced Telecom Inc for AVG. I ordered version 8, the latest, and got version 7.5*** the free one. Again, no instructions or licence file. These people are theives - anyone know how to get hold of them? - there are loads of different ones when you google them.

• Wi
      5th of Apr, 2008

I payed $49.90 for a three year subscription to Flash and received the same treatment. I sent emails to the customer service email address and received nothing in return. Where is the Consumer Protection Agency when you need them? I wonder how many others have been scammed by these people.

• Ro
      7th of Apr, 2008

Ditto here for $34.95 for "free" Open Office software. These ###!6c286

• Ro
      3rd of May, 2008

I have a very similar complaint both with Advance Telecom, Inc and Google Earth Plus. I upgraded My Google Earth to the Plus using the Google Upgrade site.. I paid the fees using PayPal - I never received a license allowing me to use Google Plus. I tried using the Google site which leads you around a merry chase but never gives you any info as to how to talk to a person. Advance Telecom doesn't appear to have a valid web site where you can lodge a complaint.
    I believe that Google is more remiss than Advance Telecom as it was from their site that I tried to upgrade to no avail. I did not get a e-mail confirmation. I sent A.T.I. a e-mail they did not answer. I don't know what to do at this point. I payed for Plus on 4/23/08. with PayPal. RRK

• Mi
      16th of May, 2008

I was prompted to upgrade my AVG protection via a pop up screen.
    I thought this would be a good idea as I was happy with the 7.5 version, and wanted to upgrade to vers' 8.
    I was directed to a page where I was offered a 3 yr membership, for 49.9 us dollars.
    I was offered a 3yr membership and as I had been happy with AVG went to paypal.
    After that, there was no communication other than my paypal receipt. I tried emailing ADVANCE TELECOM INC via the email address sales@ulimited.com nut there was no reply.
    2 days later I noticed that my outlook program had placed in my spam folder a message directing me to an address where I was able to download a vitus program
    This did not appear to be an AVG product and although I have tried it out it appears vastly inferior to my AVG free addition.
    I have contacted Paypal regarding registering a dispute, but quite honestly the time and effort I will need to expend will not be at all cost effective.
    Perhaps I've been lucky that this purchase was not more costly.
    I will have to put it down to experience and be more careful in future.
    Buyers Beware!!! .

• Ze
      13th of Jun, 2008

I Googled "buying music for ipod" or some such and one of the first links in the resulting list was for Advance Telecom Inc. Luck of the draw since a subsequent Google did not yield same results. Anyway, I clicked on the link and "subscribed" to 3 years worth of music download for $49.90, supposedly. I got my PayPal receipt with Merchant Contact Information. I called the 1-866-903-4555 number and got "customer support" with no company name announced. An Indian accented male told me they offer payment support for 400 merchants. Brother! My mistake, but If it's Advance Telecom, beware!!

• To
      30th of Jun, 2008

Boy oh boy I guess I got taken two, I payed 34.95 to down load music and I got nothing not even a kiss when advance telecom bent me over. Now I I'm trying to get help though paypal and their telling me oh well, I sure hope that somebody gets these people.

5th of Jul, 2008

i PAY USING PAY PAL TO GET ASSEST IN THE MOVIE SPOT. COM, BUT I DON'T GET THROUGTH

5th of Jul, 2008

I PAY ALREADY TO USE THE-MOVIE-SPOT.COM/, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW ENTER

12th of Jul, 2008

Looks like Advance Telecom guys are making lots of money. I've paid through my Pay Pal for a three years access to Ares and even though I could download the software, it stays forever "connecting".
    After reading all the complaints I feel like I've been cheated.

• Da
      13th of Jul, 2008

I was in a pinch needing a pdf file editor. I searched using Google and found Adobe 8.1 free for registering. I was charged 66.74 for a best deal for 3years using Paypal. I would receive an email regarding download instructions and 3 years membership and 24/7 support. Never got an email and the download logon downloaded a free trial of Nitro no license. PayPal now shows Advance Telecom Inc. and a non-US verified email of sales@ulimited.com. Try searching for just ulimited.com and Advance Telecom -- not good results. I've been Shammed! I find nothing about my download membership!! BEWARE

21st of Jul, 2008

I ordered Virtual Earth from Advance Telecom for 35.00 and was sent websites and downloads that did not work. Contact them and received same crap again. What crooks.

• Cb
      23rd of Jul, 2008

I thankfully paid using PayPal. I have opened a dispute and will have PayPal fight them for me! I am 100% convinced that they are a SCAM! I have had issues with my laptop ever since! It is constantly restarting. I have to contact my Help Support to see what I can do.

23rd of Jul, 2008

Add me to another angry customer of this crappy company. They are clearly scammers, one of the worst Ive seen. I paid 53 dollars for programs that can easily be found by searching google. Ares wont even connect!

• Re
      25th of Jul, 2008

Just like Jose I paid for ares a three-year membership and I was able to download the program but it never is able to connect. Must be a scam. They don't even have technical support.

• Re
      25th of Jul, 2008

How do we shut down this site? Has anyone been successful getting a refund through Paypal?

• La
      27th of Jul, 2008

Advanced Telecom is running a scam site that pretends to sell an upgrade for Google Earth 2008. The fine print tells you that they have nothing to do with any software and they are just going to send you to the free download site - of course you see this after they have hit your credit card. However, I wasn't even sent to the free software site...

Google should be suing them.

• Ew
      9th of Aug, 2008

Advance Telecom took me for $68.74 for a 3 year membership upgrade plus 2 extra features to Google Earth Plus. I have not received any upgrade. I also used PayPal. Last week I received a notice from PayPal that I needed to upgrade my account information or I would br dropped in 10 days. I know this was another scam because they asked for my bank information, Pin number and Social Security Number. I feel that this is from the same outfit.

• Mi
      10th of Aug, 2008

Paid for a 3 year VIP for Nero, recepit from pay-pay. 1 month later never received. Will dispute on pay pay. Go get-em!